Finding Jacob Wetterling - The 27-Year Investigation From Kidnapping to Conclusion

Wetterling documents drop Monday June 5th at 11 am. They will be online at Stearns County website

Forensic metal detecting?

Locating metallic evidence on or buried under ground. Cell phones, shell casings, amalgam dental fillings (in teeth), firearms, jewelry, shoelace eyelets, etc with a very powerful metal detector.

The unit I purchased is much more powerful than the normal CSI units and has a number of search coils specifically for CSI work.

Will there be a last ditch attempt to block the release of documents? I would bet on it.

Wetterling Investigative Data

All tips, theories, suggestions and other wasteful nonsense submitted across 26+ years to Stearns County, Minnesota, law enforcement by individuals obsessed with the abduction of Jacob Wetterling have been removed from the investigative files, particularly “tips” originating from any and all quacks residing outside of Minnesota.

https://co.stearns.mn.us/LawPublicSafety/WetterlingInvestigativeData

Prov. 11:14

Wetterling Investigative Data

All tips, theories, suggestions and other wasteful nonsense submitted across 26+ years to Stearns County, Minnesota, law enforcement by individuals obsessed with the abduction of Jacob Wetterling have been removed from the investigative files, particularly “tips” originating from any and all quacks residing outside of Minnesota.

https://co.stearns.mn.us/LawPublicSafety/WetterlingInvestigativeData

Prov. 11:14

Ha! That would be inhuman for them to do that!

From Shergal's post. Good to see you back, even if only briefly.

[...]

The filing of the lawsuit delays the release of the file until the county can review what the Wetterlings are requesting and respond. Officials reviewing the file and preparing it for release have repeatedly stated their concerns about complying with state Data Practices Act requirements to avoid any lawsuits from people named in the file.

[...]

The family released a statement, after the lawsuit was filed, which reads:

Our family has survived unfathomable pain and challenges since October 22, 1989 when our son Jacob was abducted. The journey catapulted us through uncharted territory for our family, the entire Minnesota family who adopted us, law enforcement, the media who covered it and many, many victims.

The sheriff, many agents and investigators, the Stearns County Attorney and US Attorney’s office locked up a dangerous predator who caused so much harm to so many for so long.
Let the blame be on the man who did this.

We survived living through this once and choose not to live through it again. We are moving forward not backward. To protect our family’s privacy we have filed a lawsuit seeking to prevent disclosure of personal information that our lawyers tell us is private.

We can choose to not live in the darkness for one more moment of one more day. We are continuing to work to honor Jacob and the world he believed in.

We ask that we all turn our energy towards preventing any other child from being a victim of sexual assault. Let us provide children with better tools and mentor them to build healthy relationships.

Let us concentrate our energy on the way the world could be if we all embrace and work to support the eleven traits that Jacob embodies:
Be fair
Be kind
Be understanding
Be honest
Be thankful
Be a good sport
Be a good friend
Be joyful
Be generous
Be gentle with others
Be positive

Jacob taught us all how to live, how to love, how to laugh and oh how hard we have cried. We love you Jacob and your spirit is alive and strong in our hearts and minds today and every day.

© 2017 KARE-TV

http://www.kare11.com/mb/news/local/jacob-wetterling/wetterlings-sue-to-seal-case-files/445216853

Thanks, Bessie! Glad you are back here! :) I was planning to come back once docs were released, but looks like it could be a while now.

It seems as if the Wetterlings can have info not posted that others should get the same right. I bet there are some things said about many.

I think the whole releasing of info is ridiculous. What good will it do except to reveal some secrets of people's lives?

Media groups challenge privacy protections for Wetterling file
http://www.startribune.com/coalition-challenges-privacy-protections-for-wetterling-file/431150233

attachment.php

Attachments

• 800Wetterling-Files.jpg
    800Wetterling-Files.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 170
Is the because someone said they found his body 20 years ago in a river and they don't want the truth to be told. Just wondering?

I wonder if there will ever be an exhaustive documentary made on this case. I would like to see that. Somehow, as someone who was aware of the Wetterling case from the beginning, and found it almost personally agonizing, I feel there's strangely a kind of lack of resolution. The family is surely happy to finally be out from under the spotlight now that they know the truth (and we all do), but it would be nice to hear from them that they have been able to heal and move forward.

I am not sure I want a documentary. I was also there in the beginning (and currently live in St Cloud) so there is a lot of pain still. It was rough and the scab got ripped off the wound when we all learned how he died.

I wonder if there will ever be an exhaustive documentary made on this case. I would like to see that. Somehow, as someone who was aware of the Wetterling case from the beginning, and found it almost personally agonizing, I feel there's strangely a kind of lack of resolution. The family is surely happy to finally be out from under the spotlight now that they know the truth (and we all do), but it would be nice to hear from them that they have been able to heal and move forward.

There is a documentary currently in the works. How exhaustive it it remains to be seen.

Do you know if it will be a theatrical release, or shown on TV?

I can't imagine it would be. Perhaps a film festival or two but it will probably be online. I don't really know much about it. You can follow their page on Facebook.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974
Back