Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #8

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...dc9a7af29f9_story.html?utm_term=.95cff812d5ed

A look at the main players in the trial:

DEFENDANT ZACHARY ADAMS: One of three men indicted in the case. He faces the death penalty if convicted. His Decatur County property, which near Bobo’s home, was searched before his arrest. He has multiple prior charges, including drug possession and assault. Before he was charged, Adams told The Jackson Sun: “I’m not the one.”

JUDGE C. CREED MCGINLEY: A circuit court judge who moved the case from Decaturville to Savannah in search of an unbiased jury. Lawyers say he is known for his no-nonsense efficiency. McGinley usually sports a goatee and wears bowties. He has ordered Bobo’s friends and family to refrain from wearing T-shirts or other displays of support in court. McGinley was issued a misdemeanor citation on Aug. 28 for having a weapon at Memphis International Airport.

DEFENSE LAWYER JENNIFER THOMPSON: An experienced, aggressive defense attorney based in Nashville. She handles cases related to criminal, family and juvenile law. The judge dismissed her motion to have him recuse himself over comments about a possible plea deal for Adams.

PROSECUTOR JENNIFER NICHOLS: The Deputy District Attorney in Shelby County, which includes Memphis. She has won death penalty cases before, including two high-profile murder cases. She can be direct and forceful with one witness, gentle with another.

POTENTIAL WITNESSES:
CLINT BOBO: Holly’s brother, who said he saw her being led into the woods near her home on April 13, 2011. He told media that he endured police interrogations and received death threats.

and you'll have to read the rest of the article, otherwise I'll be posting more than 10% !
I copied & pasted so that's why the Caps!

Where is everyone?? Are you all still sleeping?? :)

Are we going to the "new" thread I see, but closed?

I guess it doesn't start at 8am.... :waiting:

Can you tell I'm anxious for this to start! :giggle:

Hi Niner...I've been waiting patiently for quite some time too. It's now Sunday morning (12.32am) for me. What time is it over in Hardin County, do you know? TIA

Hi Niner...I've been waiting patiently for quite some time too. It's now Sunday morning (12.32am) for me. What time is it over in Hardin County, do you know? TIA

It said 7:36am - hmmm.... I guess they are Central time!

Are you somewhere in Australia UndiscoveredTruth?? Since you are 9 hours ahead of me...

Zach Adams to appeal conviction in Holly Bobo murder trial

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — The man convicted of killing Holly Bobo could get a second day in court.

There are new developments on the status of Zach Adams ’ appeal and the very real possibility he could get a new trial.
[.....]
The case against him was almost entirely circumstantial and hinged heavily on the testimony of co-defendant, Jason Autry.

In chilling testimony at trial, he told the jury Adams killed Bobo and Autry admitted he helped dispose of her body.
[.....]
So, what are the grounds for a new trial?

Todd believes there were clear instances of improper testimony jurors never should have heard.

For instance, testimony linking Adams to prior incidents, including drug use and past arrests. The Appellate Court may well determine such testimony tainted the jury verdict.
[.....]
The appeal could be filed before the end of the summer.

The defense is simply waiting for the court to provide the full transcripts of all testimony that will be used to make their case. Once the appeal is filed, it will take several months for the Appellate Court to respond.

If a new trial is granted it likely would now come before sometime late next year.

I just clicked onto that link above for the new thread and that is actually an old thread too, no longer open to replies--I ended up clicking onto several links to new threads and got tired so came back here LOL. Why is this thread not closed?

I just clicked onto that link above for the new thread and that is actually an old thread too, no longer open to replies--I ended up clicking onto several links to new threads and got tired so came back here LOL. Why is this thread not closed?
Ok, gotcha. So this is the right thread because it is the only one left open.

But back to the point---this sucks if he gets another chance at freedom. ugh

Ok, gotcha. So this is the right thread because it is the only one left open.

But back to the point---this sucks if he gets another chance at freedom. ugh

Hi! :)
Sorry, if I posted this on a wrong thread - and someone mentioned this is an "old" article?? I'll have to go look at the date of this.

This thread looked like the most "recent" thread and it was a discussion thread - so that's why I posted it here. :)

Holly Bobo case: Zach Adams' appeal may move forward

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — There’s new information in the high-profile Holly Bobo murder case. Zach Adams' appeal of the conviction may now move forward.

Everything had been on hold since Adams' conviction while all of the trial testimony was transcribed. In 2017, jurors convicted Adams of first-degree murder for his role in Bobo's kidnapping and killing.

Now that the transcription process is complete, Adams' attorney, Jennifer Thompson, can now move to file an appeal. This also raises questions now about what happens with another defendant in the case — Jason Autry.
[.....]
Now with the wheels in motion, it's possible we'll soon see a new development regarding a possible date for Autry's release.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back