Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That I think he could've went fishing and something happened from there. I live in Ellis County and fishing or hunting is something almost every male I know does here. I think something could've happened to him from there

I also wonder if that is why the last phone ping was Lake Tawakoni! Maybe someone took him out on the water and disposed of him. I hate to say this..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. We need a reporter to interview the daughters and sons. They need to state that HCSO seems to be dropping the ball, not following up on leads, leaving the family to do the brunt of the investigation and not keeping the family in the loop and also not following known procedures nor asking the TR or FBI to consult. Who has ever heard of being able to print your own phone records and bring them to police???!

It is sounding like collision between BC and HCSO to me. MC deserves more than this. I don't know how I would personally function if my DH was missing. But I would probably be talking to whomever would listen and begging for info. And I would be picketing in front of HCSO until they started showing some results! We will not go quietly into the night; these kids and family need and deserve answers. MC put his life on the line for countless strangers as a firefighter and we owe him!!

I've suggested a march or picket at least a dozen times. Nobody cares to do it. Not sure why everyone in that town is so afraid to make some noise, and demand some kind of reassurance from LE that they don't have a murderer walking around the streets. What an odd place to live, I guess. No concerned citizens? Family doesn't want to? I'm flabbergasted that everyone who is truly involved with this man is giving HCSO a pass. The only way I could understand is if the family was being kept firmly in the loop, and things just couldn't be said. But...more than one person from the family has said ON HERE that they are not happy with communication and have pretty much said it his horrible. If people involved aren't demanding answers and action, especially his wife, not sure we here or on FB can do much about it. I'll continue to monitor for updates until there is something, anything, to go on besides the notebook full of notes I have.

It's a damn crying shame that this man, who has given so much of himself in his lifetime, isn't worth some loudly expressed outrage by those that have the voice and are in the position to do so. I'm just so sad about that.

I've suggested a march or picket at least a dozen times. Nobody cares to do it. Not sure why everyone in that town is so afraid to make some noise, and demand some kind of reassurance from LE that they don't have a murderer walking around the streets. What an odd place to live, I guess. No concerned citizens? Family doesn't want to? I'm flabbergasted that everyone who is truly involved with this man is giving HCSO a pass. The only way I could understand is if the family was being kept firmly in the loop, and things just couldn't be said. But...more than one person from the family has said ON HERE that they are not happy with communication and have pretty much said it his horrible. If people involved aren't demanding answers and action, especially his wife, not sure we here or on FB can do much about it. I'll continue to monitor for updates until there is something, anything, to go on besides the notebook full of notes I have.

It's a damn crying shame that this man, who has given so much of himself in his lifetime, isn't worth some loudly expressed outrage by those that have the voice and are in the position to do so. I'm just so sad about that.

BRAVO!! If I weren't out of state I would be up there demanding answers. I would sleep in front of the station. They would get so sick of me that perhaps they would move more quickly or at all.,

RSBM
3.) I'm a 911 dispatcher in TX so I know pings can be inaccurate and bad but they always at least give a historical ping that shows the last "good" location. Where was it and what time?

Just thought I'd bring this post back up after the mention of MC's phone pinging at Lake Tawakoni. Any thoughts?

I understand we have the many resource centers set up for children.

The Jacob Wetterling Resource Center, the Polly Klaas Search Center, and others.

Are there any that can be contacted for Michael's case?

Wouldn't having an organization like that getting involved, force LE (Specifically the TR, and FBI components), and MSM, to take notice? Of course, I believe the family needs to make that call. Heck I know I would if this was my 85 year old dad gone missing!

All MHO as always.

We all need to mail a picture of Papaw to news media and HCSO.

I have the impression, whether right or wrong, that this is a SO that you don't want to tick off, for a number of reasons. JMHO.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I have the impression, whether right or wrong, that this is a SO that you don't want to tick off, for a number of reasons. JMHO.

I am so glad to see the news coverage. Also, I did not mean to imply earlier that I faulted the family at all. Just frustrating to not see LE giving some type of update regularly, at least to the family.

Same. IMO they don't know who they can trust. They are in a tough spot with HCSO.

I am so glad to see the news coverage. Also, I did not mean to imply earlier that I faulted the family at all. Just frustrating to not see LE giving some type of update regularly, at least to the family.

I agree with you completely. Was just sort of bouncing my thoughts after reading your post. :)

HCSO we won't let Michael Chambers go!

HCSO we won't let Michael Chambers go!

Heck no, we won't go! We are here to stay, so! Find PaPaw, bring him back! We won't forget, that's a fact! He is a hero and deserves our say. Find the guilty and make em pay!

heck no, we won't go! We are here to stay, so! Find papaw, bring him back! We won't forget, that's a fact! He is a hero and deserves our say. Find the guilty and make em pay!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

love this ❤️

Ive lived in the county for a few decades...my husband has been here his whole life. When I get quite vocal and involved in this case, it makes him very nervous. He's remarked more than once "If you don't watch what you say and who you say it to, we could easily end up missing or worse."
There is a definite paranoia about LE in this county...probably for good reason. And to clarify, we (DH and I ) are law abiding citizens and have family and friends in LE but not in this county and for reasons he has outlined to me, yes, there are probably some fact based fears floating around the county that keeps things around here normally hush-hush.
Speaking specifically to this case, I believe that silence was what the perp(s) were counting on. Never in his/her/their wildest dreams did they think six months later people would still be hot on this case and demanding answers.
There have been several suggestions offered to the family on raising awareness, publicity and causing a stink that would be a force to be reckoned with. For whatever reason, they have chosen not to yet go that route. I do not know if it is because perhaps behind the scene there is SOMEONE actually investigating and making progress, if they don't feel the publicity that may be focused in one particular direction and deflect any other possibilities coming to light wouldn't be best yet, or if they have other reasons for not taking people up on those offers right now. I DO feel very much so his children/grandchildren/siblings/nieces/nephews desperately want him found so when I have been one to suggest something and they do not choose to go that route, I defer to the fact that they may have very good reasons right now for doing so but it could come up in the future.
But in all honesty, no LE agency is going to answer to Joe Blow citizen about an open case. They may or may not choose to answer to family depending on where evidence or suspicions lie but any pressure will have to be initiated from family and I feel 100% confident if they asked others would willingly join in.
All MOO.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Ive lived in the county for a few decades...my husband has been here his whole life. When I get quite vocal and involved in this case, it makes him very nervous. He's remarked more than once "If you don't watch what you say and who you say it to, we could easily end up missing or worse."
There is a definite paranoia about LE in this county...probably for good reason. And to clarify, we (DH and I ) are law abiding citizens and have family and friends in LE but not in this county and for reasons he has outlined to me, yes, there are probably some fact based fears floating around the county that keeps things around here normally hush-hush.
Speaking specifically to this case, I believe that silence was what the perp(s) were counting on. Never in his/her/their wildest dreams did they think six months later people would still be hot on this case and demanding answers.
There have been several suggestions offered to the family on raising awareness, publicity and causing a stink that would be a force to be reckoned with. For whatever reason, they have chosen not to yet go that route. I do not know if it is because perhaps behind the scene there is SOMEONE actually investigating and making progress, if they don't feel the publicity that may be focused in one particular direction and deflect any other possibilities coming to light wouldn't be best yet, or if they have other reasons for not taking people up on those offers right now. I DO feel very much so his children/grandchildren/siblings/nieces/nephews desperately want him found so when I have been one to suggest something and they do not choose to go that route, I defer to the fact that they may have very good reasons right now for doing so but it could come up in the future.
But in all honesty, no LE agency is going to answer to Joe Blow citizen about an open case. They may or may not choose to answer to family depending on where evidence or suspicions lie but any pressure will have to be initiated from family and I feel 100% confident if they asked others would willingly join in.
All MOO.

Post of The Day here :goodpost:

Where is the fire department in all of this, one of there finest, have they made any statements or shown support?

Where is the fire department in all of this, one of there finest, have they made any statements or shown support?

I know they showed up in droves for the searches. They do not leave a brother behind.
They supported a vigil when the story first broke.
From my speaking with several members of the FF family, they 100% want him home, but are allowing LE to do the job they SHOULD be doing. <modsnip>

I work with a lady who grew up here. She states they have ALWAYS been underhanded and corrupt! JMO tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd