Identified! AR - Blytheville, WhtFem 449UFAR, 18-36, 'Kim' tattoo, Jun'78 - Kimberlin Mills

Maybe Kimberlin was her middle name?

OH WOW. I just found an obit for a Dennis Mills that says he was preceded in death by a daughter Kimberlin Mills.

http://www.hanlinfuneralhome.com/obituary?id=306627

Do you think this is her that is mentioned?
Yes I do, when a loved one is missing after so many years you do presume they have passed away. If there is no obituary for her, then this UID now known as Kimberlin Mills was probably his daughter.

How sad, her father just passed away. I hope he knew she'd been found, even it wasn't official yet.

Nothing in Classmates or Ancestry.

And I just checked with the Millington High School librarian. They have no record of a Kim Mills attending that school from 71 - 77 either in their yearbooks or school records.

Carl, do you think she might have gone to Vassar (Michigan) HS? That's the town her dad worked in and her brother and extended family appear to still live in that area. It's next to Millington.

Carl, do you think she might have gone to Vassar (Michigan) HS? That's the town her dad worked in and her brother and extended family appear to still live in that area. It's next to Millington.

I checked the 76 yearbook for Vassar HS. She wasn't there. She likely dropped out of school after her early-teen pregnancy and childbirth.

I noticed last night Carl that you posted on FB that they both had children. That is pretty sad and they were both pretty young themselves. Do you think that since she was not listed in any high schools that maybe there was an alternative school that she attended?

I noticed last night Carl that you posted on FB that they both had children. That is pretty sad and they were both pretty young themselves. Do you think that since she was not listed in any high schools that maybe there was an alternative school that she attended?
Probably not. In the 70s you mostly just dropped out. Even in larger cities there wasn't much choice.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Thank you for the updates CarlK.
Hopefully, we will have a face to go with the name soon.
Any thoughts from the family as far as their deaths go....running from the law...coincidence they were murdered..random act or ???

Thank you for the updates CarlK.
Hopefully, we will have a face to go with the name soon.
Any thoughts from the family as far as their deaths go....running from the law...coincidence they were murdered..random act or ???

They have thoughts about a possible perp, but none that they want to share publicly.

I'm a little doubtful though that the perp was someone they knew. If it was, he would have had to have been looking for them, and just coincidentally came across them hitchhiking.

I dont want to offend any family that may read this..... by just speculating.

However, the odds of getting murdered, especially by a stranger are slim.

The odds of the average person being on the run, are also slim.

The odds of running out on a light sentence, when your in a release program, and presumably close to completing your sentence without a BIG reason compelling you to do so, seems slim.

If someone was looking for them, and they had been sending letters and making phone calls.... suggests to me. It's plausible someone could in theory... find them.

I gotta belive there was a reason they ran.

Certainly could be wrong, and mean no disrespect.

I thought it was interesting that after serving two years, why run now? Did jimmy feel threatened and if so, maybe this was no random killing.

From a quick search, about 15,000 are murdered each year in the United States. That's about 6.2 per 100,000 people. While it isn't going to happen to everyone, that's a lot of people.

About 20% of murder victims are killed by someone they did not know.

Moving on, 2017 has been a good year for solving unidentified cold cases. I hope it keeps up!

I'm kinda thinking they weren't victims of a serial killer. I think maybe they were on the run but not necessarily just from the law.

I dont want to offend any family that may read this..... by just speculating.

The odds of the average person being on the run, are also slim.

The odds of running out on a light sentence, when your in a release program, and presumably close to completing your sentence without a BIG reason compelling you to do so, seems slim.

If someone was looking for them, and they had been sending letters and making phone calls.... suggests to me. It's plausible someone could in theory... find them.

I gotta belive there was a reason they ran.

Certainly could be wrong, and mean no disrespect.

There were no threatening letters or phone calls.

They were young and made young people's mistakes. They felt it was the end of the world to not to be together every moment. It's very sad that they did not just stay and Jimmy finish his sentence. I believe they had another reason to run, but it wasn't because they were being threatened.

I did not organize my thoughts very well.

Certianly, I did not mean to suggest, they (kim &jim) were receiving threatening calls and letters from some other party.

What I meant to convey was that "Jim & Kim" had been making calls home, and i read they sent a letter, from the truck stop.

That said, if they were in communication with folks in & around Detroit...I think it is plausible that anyone inclined to do them harm, could have known approximately where they could be.... this tied back into my theory that most murders are committed by individuals known to the victim.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back