TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #4

This is true. We don't know. Sadly, Crystal isn't here to tell us either. :(

Ultimately it doesn't even matter. She could've slept with Santa Claus for all I care she didn't deserve what happened to her. It is beyond unfortunate. Regardless of what she thought of her decisions, I wish I love his children and I cannot kill their mother.

Ugh. This is why I hate using talk to text! I sound drunk in that quote... This was supposed to say, "Regardless of what he thought of her decisions, I wish he loved his children enough to not kill their mother."

Grateful that you have explained to us about your wishes.
This, right here, so much:

I wish he loved his children enough to not kill their mother.

I think strangling the mother of your children to death is more than being. A "monumental idiot". To me, this is a minimization of the horror of this man's conscious decision. It wasn't that he couldn't handle his own emotions. It's that he is a controlling, abusive monster who chose to end her life rather than know she was with someone else.

Can anyone link to their twitter accounts? Thanks!!!

Here is hers: https://twitter.com/McXtal

I'm not finding his.

you are not allowed to link from social media accounts as far as I know but CM twitter gives an insight into how much she worshipped her children and how much she loved spending time with them.

We are allowed to link to SM accounts of the victim and the suspect. We just can't link their friends, family or random SM comments.

We are allowed to link to SM accounts of the victim and the suspect. We just can't link their friends, family or random SM comments.

-I think her Twitter is a wealth of information about her sweet spirit. A positive and lovely woman, a Mother who was above & beyond bonkers for her children.

Her obituary is so sad. Absolutely breaks my heart.

I didn't realize her son was 9. For some reason I thought he was younger. At 9 and in g & t classes, I would bet he knows what happened.

I feel sick.

What I have been surprised at is that I have not seen any documents nor a case listed for Steven McDowell in Chambers County. I was under the impression that his court and bail appearances were in the 253rd District Court in Chambers County.

What I have been surprised at is that I have not seen any documents nor a case listed for Steven McDowell in Chambers County. I was under the impression that his court and bail appearances were in the 253rd District Court in Chambers County.

-I know nothing about the County Courts but I trust that you do. Would there be any reason why it's not showing up?

443BC40B00000578-4880314-image-m-64_1505310767454.jpg
443BC40600000578-4880314-image-m-66_1505310823638.jpg

Steven McDowell, 44, looked tearful in court on Wednesday after police say he admitted strangling his 37-year old ex-wife, Crystal Seratte to death just before Hurricane Harvey hitAm I the only one who doesn't see the "tearful" look that all the media outlets reported?

Why not in the 344th District Court in CC? He must be listed somewhere. Mimi, or anyone else, can you help with this matter?

Agree... Him posting missing posts on his Facebook, knowing the truth, is DISTURBING. And people kept replying that they kept him and his family in his prayer, wishing for her safe return. And he updated the missing posts multiple times... Knowing where she was and what happened? Oh yea, now he cries.... He is now realizing his position is right, he knows he is effed. That's where those tears are coming from. UGH! My opinion only. Just glad all our tears are really for Crystal. May please justice be done and those kids overcome this somehow.

you are not allowed to link from social media accounts as far as I know but CM twitter gives an insight into how much she worshipped her children and how much she loved spending time with them.

Thank you so much. I thought we were allowed to link to the social media of the victim and the perp. I need to review!!

But I was able to view a bunch now. And I think I understand why so many people seem to be willing to give this guy a pass. It's hard to see videos of a dad with his kids, having fun and being sweet, and to see that he's proudly posting videos and photos of his kids, and then see him as evil or bad or less than human.

But thats what most bad people are like. Heck, Hitler was warm and sweet with children. Countless murderers we see in these cases were well-liked, friendly, popular.

And most things and most people arent that black and white. Everything is always complex.

But what's simple to me is that a normal, decent, honest, good person and loving parent doesn't "lose control" and strangle their ex to death over a period of several, agonizing minutes. A normal, decent, honest good person and parent doesn't cover it up for days and post posts about their missing ex, all the while knowing where her corpse is rotting.

This man is a bad human being. He chose this. He destroyed a beautiful woman and his beautiful kids out of jealousy and possessiveness.

I reserve my sympathy for the real victims. And he's not it.

Here is hers: https://twitter.com/McXtal

I'm not finding his.

Thank you all so much!!

443BC40B00000578-4880314-image-m-64_1505310767454.jpg
443BC40600000578-4880314-image-m-66_1505310823638.jpg

Steven McDowell, 44, looked tearful in court on Wednesday after police say he admitted strangling his 37-year old ex-wife, Crystal Seratte to death just before Hurricane Harvey hitAm I the only one who doesn't see the "tearful" look that all the media outlets reported?

Nope. I'm with you as well. He looks stoic to me. I bet in person he sniffled and made faces trying to indicate remorse. But the stills tell the real story.

He needs to spend some decades in prison. But based on reaction here and from the sheriff I have a feeling that if he remains totally remorseful and cooperative he could a relatively short sentence. 2-20 I think was an option for crime of passion.

Poor Crystal. She was beautiful and bubbly and devoted to her babies. She wanted to be happy and live free from that man. But he couldn't allow that. He couldn't allow his possession to walk away. It's gross. He's gross.

Great discussion going on - so you all probably missed my question.... :)

Anyone know "when" his next court date is??

TIA! :wave:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347