GUILTY TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, murdered, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

You can walk off the street and into a dispensary and even ask the clerks "what will help me sleep/relax me/make me concentrate/help with ADD/stop my back pain" and they will point you to a strain of marijuana that will help. Let's hypothesize that I have gone into a store and purchased and used marijuana for one of these reasons. Let's then say I get murdered and I have THC in my system.

Perhaps my thoughts are being misunderstood. Drug dealing is not the same as drug usage. I have nothing against a user. it is not my life and harm is limited to self or a small circle (loved ones). Not so in trading.

"Easy money" aspect is coming with "illegal" part of hte deal. When it is legal, they do not have those margins, you do not have "Easy Money".

What is hte chance of you being hit in the head with a hammer by a store clerk you are purchasing it from? That should answer your question. Risk.

where was it said that Source1 parents don't want to be around him? I know that source1 parents asked THE SUSPECT to leave their home for being manipulative and a bad influence.

and sadly even some posters here have less sympathy because of dumb youth choices.... to me its just as sad if she was a cheerleader or a teen who made poor choices. she was a child.

I still don't see that there should be any reason to believe what Source1 says. He had no problem concocting a false story about where he was the night of KC's murder and he well known to be a master manipulator to the point where his parents didn't even want to be around him. What if he was trying to soil the image and reputation of Kaytlynn? What if he thinks that concocting a story about drug use (selling/dabs) will lessen peoples opinion of her and possibly garner some sort of lesser anger towards himself and cause a "well she shouldn't have been doing that/that's what you get for being involved with that stuff" towards Katylynn. Thats what a master manipulator does.

Another thought I was having, and I'm not trying to start an argument or trap anyone into corner, I just maybe want people to ponder this from another perspective. I know the situation with Katylynn didn't happen in a state where marijuana is legal but some of the thoughts in this thread make me wonder what people think since age of use hasn't been mentioned (that i have seen) in regards to smoking marijuana being good/bad. I've seen a few "DRUGS ARE BAD" thoughts. Keep in mind that tobacco, alcohol and caffeine are also drugs (and lets not even get into prescribed medications ugh!!) ... I live in a state where marijuana is legal. You can walk off the street and into a dispensary and even ask the clerks "what will help me sleep/relax me/make me concentrate/help with ADD/stop my back pain" and they will point you to a strain of marijuana that will help. Let's hypothesize that I have gone into a store and purchased and used marijuana for one of these reasons. Let's then say I get murdered and I have THC in my system. Should people think less of me? Would/should it get me or my family less sympathy? what if I crossed a state line and used marijuana in a neighboring state where is is not legal and then got murdered there? Again, I know that the situation is not comparable, I am of age and I live in a state where it is completely legal (does that even matter to some?) but it seems that drug use in general (don't forget tobacco/alcohol/caffeine are drugs) is tainting how Kaytlynn might be seen and again... we still have no idea that Source 1 isn't manipulating us all!

Peace/love/good vibes and all that jazz. Always MOO

Of course! Sorry I meant to put that I was agreeing with you! I probably should have put my post as a reply to the first poster to prevent confusion. I'm so sorry! I definitely agreed with your post. Lol :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was agreeing with your post also! lol :)

IMO I was still rattled by the posters that keep finding fault in our young victim. I know I should scroll, and roll, and 'ignore', when needed.

I believe that you, and I, and undoubtedly many others, are on the same page. Or darn close to the same.

ETA. IMO Source 1, and possibly others, are as guilty for their actions, or inaction, as the suspect. KC might still be with us, if self preservation wasn't in force, when KC's family was initially looking for their daughter. Those people chose to not explain where KC could have been. I hope they can live with that. I know I could not.

Can you show me a reference where second-hand smoke or direct usage can be differentiated post-mortem with "low" or "high" numbers?

That exactly is my point, but I am opening your hand before your hand is dealt.

For now, you said "There is no proof, I will wait tox report". Fine.

When tox report comes positive, you will say "it could be second-hand smoke".

You can find excuses ad infinitum.

Obviously, IMO, there is an abundance of valid studies about levels of THC in blood, and urine. Whether for normal testing, or for postmortem testing. Google searches will show you many.

IMO, you are putting words into my 'mouth', by saying I would find excuses for any results in a toxicology report. Go back and read all my comments. I never once said that I would do anything of the sort.

Where we differ is that I am no longer hung up on what KC may have been doing. Whether smoking (awaiting proof), whether mixed up in creating 'dabs' (awaiting proof; more than supposed hearsay from Source 1), or if she was a typical 14 year old child, trying to fit in with her 'friends.'

Scroll, and roll, and even put me on 'ignore'. This is my final reply to your choice of direction.

Obviously, IMO, there is an abundance of valid studies about levels of THC in blood, and urine. Whether for normal testing, or for postmortem testing. Google searches will show you many.

Can you show "one" from those many that shows how to differentiate second-hand smoke from direct usage postmortem? I will really be grateful.

Can you show me a reference where second-hand smoke or direct usage can be differentiated post-mortem with "low" or "high" numbers?

That exactly is my point, but I am opening your hand before your hand is dealt.

For now, you said "There is no proof, I will wait tox report". Fine.

When tox report comes positive, you will say "it could be second-hand smoke".

You can find excuses ad infinitum.

See my earlier post regarding marijuana. Each article I posted have (has?) links to scientific papers on them. A lot more believable than that dabs website. But I feel as if we're all going in circles and I think we're all getting a little frustrated while we need to be focusing on why a teenage boy would kill a girl with a hammer. That is a huge level of violence and rage. IMO

I was agreeing with your post also! lol :)

IMO I was still rattled by the posters that keep finding fault in our young victim. I know I should scroll, and roll, and 'ignore', when needed.

I believe that you, and I, and undoubtedly many others, are on the same page. Or darn close to the same.

ETA. IMO Source 1, and possibly others, are as guilty for their actions, or inaction, as the suspect. KC might still be with us, if self preservation wasn't in force, when KC's family was initially looking for their daughter. Those people chose to not explain where KC could have been. I hope they can live with that. I know I could not.

Yes! I so completely agree. Especially with your last paragraph! ❤️

Can you show "one" from those many that shows how to differentiate second-hand smoke from direct usage postmortem? I will really be grateful.

Not really able to find any post mortem ones but here is another article mentioning the variation in levels of the metabolite in someone smoking it vs. someone nearby. The main point a lot of these studies make (see my earlier links as well.) is if you are in an unventilated room or car, that is normally when minute levels would most likely be found in a drug test of someone that doesn't smoke.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/873147

Levels of THC and another major active ingredient, cannabidiol, were undetectable in the urine samples. However, COOH-THC was found in 16% of them, ranging from 0.03 to 1.5 ng/ml, with only two children exceeding 1 ng/mL. As expected, these levels were lower than would be seen in the urine of a person directly smoking marijuana.

If that is what it takes, I certainly will. And if she was actually smoking, that would show up in much higher levels, right? You don't need to answer that. I think we all understand the possibilities. I know some of us are expecting the high number. And some the low number. And no matter what the number is, Kaytlynn was murdered. She will not be with us any longer. That, IMO, is where our efforts should be focused.

PS. I know it was discussed about our search histories, and website visits, on our computers. I have now added < redacted > to mine. Added to all the searches I've conducted? Yeah, No. Certainly officer, I was only trying to find info on second hand.... a very interesting conversation to be had I am sure :)

Warning about the included website. Here is a snip:

Very nice CountingCrows. One way to spread your message. Where does this have anything to do with this murder?

So who cares if indeed she was smoking pot or even producing dabs. I mean, yes, that's bad and illegal on her part, and if she continued on that path it would in the end have negative consequences on her life. We would all like to think that at 14 there was no way she could be involved in drugs. She was too tiny and cute and small. Come on, it's the whole "dont just a book by it's cover" theory. Look at her memorial video. She had a feisty way about her it looked like. She looks like she could have been a handful. She was young and didn't fully realize the serious of her actions and how far her involvement in this kind of business could put her in real danger. We all think we are invincible at that age. But we are fooling ourselves if we close our minds and turn our backs on the possibility that in fact she sold drugs and did drugs. I've been her age and witnessed this very thing from 14-year-olds. But in no way shape or form does this mean she deserved to be murdered. I don't think they made their basis on her going to get drug money just on the witness's words alone. I'm sure they have plenty on her phone.

There is absolutely no MSM or info from LE to substantiate that a sexual assault occurred in this case, so please stop with the suggestions. They are nothing but wild speculation which is not allowed here.

Also stop the bickering and sarcasm (whether about marijuana or s/a); state your opinion respectfully and move on. The back-and-forth gets tedious for members and guests reading here.

Scroll and roll folks !!

Not really able to find any post mortem ones

That is the reason I was asking as well. I could not find any information if that can be differentiated postmortem (and I remember reading something to the contrary while I was skimming for passive smoking).

medscape requires login.

I am just curious. I don't think her smoking has any relevance to anything (and I am not the one who brought this up)... but It would be good to know if htey can indeed test postmortem if a person is a user or passive smoker.

That is the reason I was asking as well. I could not find any information if that can be differentiated postmortem (and I remember reading something to the contrary while I was skimming for passive smoking).

medscape requires login.

I am just curious. I don't think her smoking has any relevance to anything (and I am not the one who brought this up)... but It would be good to know if htey can indeed test postmortem if a person is a user or passive smoker.

Weird that it did that! I'll see if I can find the link again as I didn't have to login but when I click on the link I posted, sure enough you have to login.

And that is definitely a good question ! I'd be interested to know as well.

Cannabis & Marijuana Drug Testing
Cannabis and its active ingredient THC is tested for in most drug tests. After one-off or occasional use its break-down products or metabolites can be detected between 3-5 days after use. (1) However, THC can be detected in a chronic user up to 12 weeks after use (2) although the average is 25(3) -27 days (4).
Cannabis is highly detectable a long time after use because THC lingers in the fatty tissues of the body and leaks steadily into the blood and then the urine over weeks. It is difficult to determine exactly how long it will take the THC to leave your body. It depends on your metabolism, how much you ingested and how often you used weed or hash

https://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/cannabis/drugtests.htm

So wait I'm confused; why does it seem everyone is "hating on" (for lack of a better term) the source 1? Just because their story is inconsistent and it seems they may be trying to cover up their own involvement in drugs by emphasising Kaytlyn? Or did i miss something, because I've seen some pretty rude things said about source 1

So wait I'm confused; why does it seem everyone is "hating on" (for lack of a better term) the source 1? Just because their story is inconsistent and it seems they may be trying to cover up their own involvement in drugs by emphasising Kaytlyn? Or did i miss something, because I've seen some pretty rude things said about source 1

You didn't miss anything.

Because he is possibly the connection between Kaytlynn and the suspect. The suspect was a temporary resident in the apartment complex, but source1 knew him well enough that the suspect lived in source1's house at an earlier time. Just my opinion. Hopefully I won't get attacked by a grouchy grump again for saying this ! &#128534;

Because he is possibly the connection between Kaytlynn and the suspect. The suspect was a temporary resident in the apartment complex, but source1 knew him well enough that the suspect lived in source1's house at an earlier time. Just my opinion. Hopefully I won't get attacked by a grouchy grump again for saying this ! [emoji37]
Oh i see. I hope I'm not who you're refering to i didn't mean to attack anyone. I just think people have been unnecessarily mad at the dude considering hes also a kid who just made some mistakes as far as we know. Why would it matter if he was the connection to the killer, its not like he forced to do this, as far as we know she was a willing and equal participant in the whole thing.

Oh i see. I hope I'm not who you're refering to i didn't mean to attack anyone. I just think people have been unnecessarily mad at the dude considering hes also a kid who just made some mistakes as far as we know. Why would it matter if he was the connection to the killer, its not like he forced to do this, as far as we know she was a willing and equal participant in the whole thing.

You are not the one attacking. However, you may be attacked so hang on.................................... We actually don't have many attackers here at all.

No!! Not at all. It wasn't you!! In fact it wasn't any regular that posts on this thread.

My hope now is for the families involved to have a speedy legal process, and hopefully get some bit of closure. Prayers for ALL!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back