Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope remains for William Tyrrell three years after his disappearance
Aaron Langmaid, Herald Sun
26 minutes ago (as of 19:43 AEST 15 September 2017)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...e/news-story/b58b323ebd58fd0e85aa4ec9208187af

'Despite the work of the largest assembled team of investigators in the country, police are still relying on fresh leads.

Speaking at a press conference marking the anniversary this week, Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin showed his frustration.'

'“We are not interested in information from clairvoyants or people who have dreams,’’ he said.

“Please don’t waste our time.

“(We) don’t want to get bogged down with pieces of information that are not relevant.

“It’s three years down the track. “Let’s be realistic.’’

The hunt to find William, once driven by fear and adrenaline, has now become a much slower game of numbers.

Today, 1099 days since he vanished, police have identified 700 persons of interest. There have been 4000 pieces of evidence, yet not a single trace of the toddler.

The tragic search for Queenslander Daniel Morcombe dragged on for more than eight years before its biggest breakthrough.'

'But unlike the meticulous detective work to corner Morcombe’s killer — a string of leads pieced together and a final gamble for his confession — investigators in the William case say, at least publicly, they still lack anything concrete.

They now play on human emotion. Somebody knows. And they hope the weight of guilt might lead to answers.

“What we are interested in is people who have genuine information,’’ Insp. Jubelin said. “That information might be in the form of someone who has concerns about somebody they know, someone within their family, the way they react when William Tyrrell’s name is mentioned might cause suspicion.’’

In a week when the advertising campaign to find William was significantly ramped up, Det-Insp Jubelin said they would never give up.

“We are very mindful of the public’s interest in this matter and we are very mindful of the public’s expectation that a crime of this nature should be solved.’’'

'WILLIAM was taken. He didn’t wander into the nearby state park. He didn’t fall into a gully or slip below the surface of a dam.

Police are adamant of that.'

'Investigators said this week Mr Spedding remained part of the inquiry but that he “had moved way down the priority list’’.'

'His [William's] parents have learned not to read online comments about their son’s case.

Despite police ruling out any involvement from both families, keyboard warriors are quick to cast assumption.

“The online criticism is savage and really unfair and they don’t need that in their life,’’ Ms [Hetty] Johnston* said. “Any child would be lucky to be with these incredible beautiful parents."

“They just want to know where William is. That’s all.’’

That William was in foster care when he disappeared — a fact that wasn’t initially made clear — has only served to compound the situation.

Just this week, Brendan Collins and Karlie Tyrrell were publicly identified as his biological parents for the first time after a Supreme Court order ruled details of William’s complicated family history could be published.

Collins has only recently been released from prison on drugs charges. The pair have also been ruled out of the investigation.'

'THE advertising campaign to find William Tyrrell is almost unprecedented in its volume.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been donated to keep its momentum.

This week 774 Where’s William? panels were displayed in retail outlets across the country. The live ads featured in cafes and offices across 139 locations.

Digital portrait panels also ran in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide airports targeting passengers as they disembark.

Television and social media advertising reminded viewers of the $1 million reward.'

[*Note: Ms Johnston is the founder of Bravehearts.]

Trouble for me with point 3 is, I have seen a few things over the years that are not supposed to exist. For people who are into yowie hunting, the Taree area is a hotspot apparently. MOO

Is that near Tatooine?

I thought the graffiti on the tree was curious. "WILLIAM DAD" makes no sense. Although I do realize that perhaps graffiti isn't subject to a spelling or grammar test.
Have a look at the "A" in "WILLIAM" and the "A" in "DAD". They are completely different. What if DAD is meant to be something else?
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...s/news-story/d86fc12d9061008ca7f1b9388c149a06
View attachment 123147

Very good point there Saxon and do you see an outline of a house as a child would draw it enclosing the two words?

Something a bit interesting. His Honour Brereton decided to use Julian as William's name in the recent case that permitted publication of certain details. I decided to wiki the name Julian. Julian as in the Roman emperor his death date was 26 June which just happened to be William's date of birth.

(quote)
Hoping desperately that he would be found, Ms Tyrrell nevertheless was unable to go public with appeals to find her missing child.

The case of William Tyrrell is one of Australia’s most puzzling missing child cases.

There’s no suggestion that either William’s biological or foster families were involved in his disappearance or have any knowledge of his whereabouts.

But it had been their and the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS)’s secret until Thursday, that William was being cared for by foster parents.

In 2016 there were almost 700 people in the sights of the investigators and in September 2016, a $1 million reward for information on William’s disappearance was announced.

At the time William disappeared from the house in Kendall, he was under the control of the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS), being cared for by foster parents in what is referred to as out-of-home care.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...e/news-story/bc7917cd0513453a8ed2a8027c4da671

Something a bit interesting. His Honour Brereton decided to use Julian as William's name in the recent case that permitted publication of certain details. I decided to wiki the name Julian. Julian as in the Roman emperor his death date was 26 June which just happened to be William's date of birth.

Do you think it all implies something? I have a cousin overseas called Julian. I really like the name. John Lennon's son is a Julian too.

I've been listening to a Podcast about a non-related case, "Somebody knows something".

In that podcast they use cadaver dogs. The missing person has been gone for 40 years, yet they are still think there is a small chance the dogs can pick up a scent.

I'm wondering how effective these dogs are. Matthew Leveson was not able to be found, even though they knew the location (they had to return to the spot they originally thought). If the dogs worked, surely something would of been found by them in that instance?

Do you think it all implies something? I have a cousin overseas called Julian. I really like the name. John Lennon's son is a Julian too.

Just found the connection interesting and puzzling. I was trying to work out why judge chose Julian as a pseudonym for William and the pseudonym Sarah for William's sister.

I've been listening to a Podcast about a non-related case, "Somebody knows something".

In that podcast they use cadaver dogs. The missing person has been gone for 40 years, yet they are still think there is a small chance the dogs can pick up a scent.

I'm wondering how effective these dogs are. Matthew Leveson was not able to be found, even though they knew the location (they had to return to the spot they originally thought). If the dogs worked, surely something would of been found by them in that instance?

Tracking dogs are very useful to track footprints via scent but there is no ground based scent if a child is physically picked up by an abductor and removed from site. If say William had got lost by wandering off without intervention by an abductor his scent would have more than likely been recognised by highly trained dogs.

There are some awesome K9's used by LE out there. Some dogs can even detect human remains underwater.
(quote)
The Nose Knows
A cadaver dog searches for a body in Tuscaloosa, Ala., after tornadoes in 2011

Tom Pennington/Getty Images.

Police on Thursday revived their search for Etan Patz, a 6-year-old who disappeared in 1979 en route to a New York City bus stop, after a cadaver-sniffing dog recently detected the odor of human remains in a basement near Patz’s SoHo home. Can dogs really smell 33-year-old remains?
Yes, if you have the right dog. Genetics matter: beagles, bloodhounds, German shepherds, and Labrador retrievers are best, although many breeds are appropriate as long as the dogs prove smart and eager to please. Education is also crucial. At coaching centers for “canine law enforcement officers,” there’s a rigorous training during which the pooch is exposed either to human remains (bits of bone, blood, or nail clippings) or to “pseudoscents” that simulate the death odor. Dogs can only indicate the presence of a smell, not an actual cadaver—but their sensitivity to the olfactory traces of decomposition means they can sometimes tell where a body was even after it’s been removed.
http://www.cadaverdog.net/the-nose-knows/

Tracking dogs are very useful to track footprints via scent but there is no ground based scent if a child is physically picked up by an abductor and removed from site. If say William had got lost by wandering off without intervention by an abductor his scent would have more than likely been recognised by highly trained dogs.

Did they use cadaver detection dogs at all in WT's case or SAR dogs or both? To my knowledge SAR dogs won't detect cadaver odor, but will only detect the scent of where a person has been after given an article of a missing person to sniff.

Did they use cadaver detection dogs at all in WT's case or SAR dogs or both? To my knowledge SAR dogs won't detect cadaver odor, but will only detect the scent of where a person has been after given an article of a missing person to sniff.

both types............ country and western

Not sure if there might be other indications of what types were used, but there is this, fwiw:

"Sniffer dogs have failed to pick up any scent of the three-year-old William Tyrell on the NSW mid-north coast, fuelling fears he may not have wandered away from home."

"Neither police sniffer dogs nor cadaver dogs had been able to pick up any sign of the boy, Fehon said."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...olice-say-chances-of-survival-are-diminishing

Hope remains for William Tyrrell three years after his disappearance
Aaron Langmaid, Herald Sun
26 minutes ago (as of 19:43 AEST 15 September 2017)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...e/news-story/b58b323ebd58fd0e85aa4ec9208187af

The tragic search for Queenslander Daniel Morcombe dragged on for more than eight years before its biggest breakthrough.'

'But unlike the meticulous detective work to corner Morcombe’s killer — a string of leads pieced together and a final gamble for his confession — investigators in the William case say, at least publicly, they still lack anything concrete.

They now play on human emotion. Somebody knows. And they hope the weight of guilt might lead to answers.

I have to admit that it really sparks my ire when I read stuff like that which is quoted above 'dragged on for more than eight years before its biggest breakthrough'

First, there were at least 2 detectives who had their sights on the killer and recommended he be further investigated.. and second, if only someone had bothered to complete and/or check on the DNA testing that had been ordered. Would that perhaps have sped up the process by say, eight years?

"DNA samples taken from the car belonging to Daniel Morcombe's killer were not examined for eight years, a coronial inquest into the schoolboy's disappearance has heard.

"Inspector Darren Pobar, a forensics expert with the Queensland Police told the inquest fingerprint, blood and hair samples were taken from Brett Peter Cowan's car in 2003, but were not examined until 2011."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-...rder-evidence-ignored-for-eight-years/8122904

Not sure if there might be other indications of what types were used, but there is this, fwiw:

"Sniffer dogs have failed to pick up any scent of the three-year-old William Tyrell on the NSW mid-north coast, fuelling fears he may not have wandered away from home."

"Neither police sniffer dogs nor cadaver dogs had been able to pick up any sign of the boy, Fehon said."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...olice-say-chances-of-survival-are-diminishing

Thanks for posting the info. I remember reading about the sniffer dogs but not cadaver detection dogs.

I have to admit that it really sparks my ire when I read stuff like that which is quoted above 'dragged on for more than eight years before its biggest breakthrough'

First, there were at least 2 detectives who had their sights on the killer and recommended he be further investigated.. and second, if only someone had bothered to complete and/or check on the DNA testing that had been ordered. Would that perhaps have sped up the process by say, eight years?

"DNA samples taken from the car belonging to Daniel Morcombe's killer were not examined for eight years, a coronial inquest into the schoolboy's disappearance has heard.

"Inspector Darren Pobar, a forensics expert with the Queensland Police told the inquest fingerprint, blood and hair samples were taken from Brett Peter Cowan's car in 2003, but were not examined until 2011."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-...rder-evidence-ignored-for-eight-years/8122904

Unforgivable IMO. How does stuff like that happen FGS?

So according to those links no detection by sniffer dogs of WT's presence at the house he went missing from?
So much for a scent to the driveway of the place then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member