GUILTY TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, murdered, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

So, I am not sure if the suspect can be named here. He is a 'juvenile', at 16 years old. He was named previously, however this article was not using his name. I will stick with 'suspect', to avoid any entanglements.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article171348142.html

The suspect showed little emotion Tuesday afternoon during the brief detention hearing before Judge Tim Menikos, as a probation officer read an arrest warrant affidavit detailing the brutal killing of Kaytlynn Cargill on June 19.

Before Menikos reached his decision, the teen’s mother asked the judge to allow her son to come home and be in her custody.

“Why was he living with his girlfriend at that time?,” Menikos asked. The mother answered in a voice barely audible in the courtroom.

Menikos then ordered the teen, who faces a charge of delinquent conduct-murder, to remain in the custody of Tarrant County juvenile authorities. He was detained early Friday by Bedford police.

His mommy wanted him to come home with her. Wasn't she listening to the charges against her son?! Didn't she hear what he did to Kaytlynn Cargill?!

Where is any follow up on this mother, and the suspect? Where are the investigative reporters that should be hounding this suspect's lawyer, and family? Are they just waiting for further feedings from the justice system? I don't get it.

Where is any follow up on this mother, and the suspect? Where are the investigative reporters that should be hounding this suspect's lawyer, and family? Are they just waiting for further feedings from the justice system? I don't get it.

RSBM - I'm sure it has something to do with a similar attitude of many here, it has come out that she was involved with drug processing so they aren't as interested in pursuing justice :-(

My thought on that matter is this – she was 14. She is not old enough to consent to sex. She is not old enough to be prosecuted for her own actions. The fact that she made poor choices should have zero bearing on her unfortunate demise. She was a child.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RSBM - I'm sure it has something to do with a similar attitude of many here, it has come out that she was involved with drug processing so they aren't as interested in pursuing justice :-(

My thought on that matter is this – she was 14. She is not old enough to consent to sex. She is not old enough to be prosecuted for her own actions. The fact that she made poor choices should have zero bearing on her unfortunate demise. She was a child.

Exactly, I could not agree more! If each and every one of us had our mistakes or errors in judgement held against us who would be left? No one!

Isn't all we have are allegations that KC was possibly involved in drug processing? Has it been proved? If it has, I've missed out on that information. Regardless, she was a child!! How many children do we know that always make smart choices?

BBM

You covered this completely IMO. It really falls in line with 'glass houses', and judgement. We all try to learn from our mistakes. This child does not get to. So sad in all ways.

I recused myself from this topic when I realized what is going on. A bit late, but better late than never.

Just hope some parents and kids learn from this murder. There is a reason we try to tell young people to stay away from drugs, alcohol, and people who use them. Jmo

what more is there to say?

Well, we could be hoping for swift justice for KC & her family & hoping & praying, as cluciano63 says, that lessons will be learned. Even if only a few kids reflect on the possible consequences of drug involvement, it would be a little progress. Rome wasn't built in a day.

So, where did everyone go?????????

So, I am not sure if the suspect can be named here. He is a 'juvenile', at 16 years old. He was named previously, however this article was not using his name. I will stick with 'suspect', to avoid any entanglements.

<snipped link by me>

His mommy wanted him to come home with her. Wasn't she listening to the charges against her son?! Didn't she hear what he did to Kaytlynn Cargill?!

what more is there to say?

Agree with Eileen. What more is there to say?

A suspect has been arrested.
We now wait for the judicial process to run its course.

I for one am glad the discussion has eased up. Most threads continue on simpy to bash the supsect and give opinions on how the person should be treated.

Why should the investigative reporters be hounding the suspect's lawyer and family for?

Why is it wrong to now be in wait and follow mode as the suspect makes his way through the system?

I was here at the start, but until there is a trial I don't know what more there is to say. Would everyone prefer to discuss drugs? How the suspect's mother wanted him to be released to her? Bash her for that? Bash her for not raising a son to (apparently) not be a killer?

I'll be watching for trial/motion/etc. updates as I'm sure most here who followed the case will be. Maybe at the next hearing we'll have more information to discuss.

I like to think that Kaytlynn earned her Angel Wings as soon as she passed. I like to believe that her terror was over quickly. And I apologize for not considering others' opinions. I realize that I have my faults. It's just me. I forget that others do not see things the way that I might. And I need to try better at recognizing differing opinions. Another fault is somehow finding forgiveness, where my gut demands retribution. And I need to tone that gut of mine down.

IMO I believe we all need to find this similar forgiveness with all of the children here. IMO I forgave Kaytlynn quickly. Even with that affidavit, I quickly realized this child is gone. She does not get to live out a full life, here on our planet. I also know I sound like a broken record in writing similar opinion pieces.

I have not completely forgiven Source 1, for not alerting Kaytlynn's parents on her whereabouts. He knew where she had gone. With the timeline, could this child have been rescued? Kaytlynn was murdered, between 1800 (6pm) and 1930 (7:30pm). [See Affidavit, Document Page 8, PDF page 10/13. Bottom line Under Item XIII] http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nn-Cargill-14-Bedford-19-June-2017-4-*ARREST* Post number 2.

Or, was she gone already, when Source 1 returned from his basketball game, and saw Kaytlynn's mom with the dog? But only said something when interviewed 4 days later. On June 23rd. After KC had been discovered in the landfill, on June 21st. [See Affidavit, Document Page 4, PDF page 6/13. Bottom of page, under Item V]

I will eventually find forgiveness for this poor soul, who may, or may not, wonder to himself, "What if?"

Our suspect. Let it go for now.

These are only my opinions. I do not intend to offend anyone with any of these words. I do not intend to try and sway anyone's opinions, as all are valid to each, and every one of us.

May Kaytlynn rest in paradise. Whichever version that would follow her beliefs. Peace & Love to all. :rose:

SOURCE1 directed LE to Suspect on 20th (not 23rd). Suspect was interviewed same day in Fort Worth.

Had SOURCE1 been forthcoming on 20th, the best outcome would have been for LE to find KC before she was sent to landfill (still improvement IMO).

SOURCE1 could not have prevented what happenned by disclosing it to mother (given estimated time of death). KC went to Suspect. SOURCE1 played basketball half an hour. Went back to apartment. Messaged her to check her wellbeing and when he did not receive a response, he went back to park to find mother with dog. Mother also called daughter with no response as per the phone records.

It was already too late.

It is also unreasonable to expect him (or anyone in a similar situation) to divulge all the info to mother so soon.

But we would have expected any decent human-being to disclose EVERYTHING to LE at least the next day once his friend was missing overnight.

But "decency" is not a quality in fashion when you are detached from reality, doing illegal drug manufacturing and trading for "Easy Money".
I guess that "Easy Money", is not so easy for a reason and that knowledge was missing from their nature & nurture.

On June 20, 2017 Detective Shelly and Detective Cottongame responded to Fort Worth and made contact with REDACTED. REDACTED advised that on June 19, 2017 he and Kaytlynn planned to meet at the dog park in the apartment complex. REDACTED stated that he arrived at the dog park at which time he observed Kaytlynn's dog. REDACTED stated that he did not meet with Kaytlynn and he went back to REDACTED's apartment.

It is pain to type anything here. I must edit all the time to get it right

BBM. I have a question:

How did he know dog was there in the park?
The park is not visible from the roads. Anyone coming there also would be seen by the people there (if SOURCE1 was playing basketball, for example). He would not have lied if he hadn't seen the dog.

NsMiO0N.jpg

It is pain to type anything here. I must edit all the time to get it right

BBM. I have a question:

How did he know dog was there in the park?
The park is not visible from the roads. Anyone coming there also would be seen by the people there (if SOURCE1 was playing basketball, for example). He would not have lied if he hadn't seen the dog.

NsMiO0N.jpg

Potentially he had seen the missing person posts and knew the mom found the dog tied up?

Potentially he had seen the missing person posts and knew the mom found the dog tied up?

Unlikely. Poster was pusblished June 20th, 18:00 on Facebook (TimeZone Unknown). Detectives talked with him on 20th as well and that was in Fort Worth. He wouldnt have based his story on a poster he might or might not have seen. He had the story prepared beforehand.

I am curious to know how he knew about the dog in park. It is very unlikely that he went to the park after murdering her, given that his uncle picked him up at 19:27 (from text messages) under his apartment.

Did she tell him, maybe? Or all 3 met in the park and KC went with him?

Unlikely. Poster was pusblished June 20th, 18:00 on Facebook (TimeZone Unknown). Detectives talked with him on 20th as well and that was in Fort Worth. He wouldnt have based his story on a poster he might or might not have seen. He had the story prepared beforehand.

I am curious to know how he knew about the dog in park. It is very unlikely that he went to the park after murdering her, given that his uncle picked him up at 19:27 (from text messages) under his apartment.

Did she tell him, maybe? Or all 3 met in the park and KC went with him?

It was posted in the area and all over FB prior to the official missing persons post by PD. IIRC, her mom had posted it to FB and it was getting shared throughout the community and on local FB pages.

It was posted in the area and all over FB prior to the official missing persons post by PD. IIRC, her mom had posted it to FB and it was getting shared throughout the community and on local FB pages.

Yes, the poster that was being circulated was posted first on 20th on Facebook. Is there any earlier reference? Earlier than this is 19th night where murder happened.

Mother's FB post is probably earlier, but on that one it does not say anything about the park or dog tied to a fence. It just says "she went to walk the dog and never returned".

I am also finding this extremely curious why mother would go after her daugther 30 mins after she left. This is not normal behavior.

Kaytlynn's mother said her daughter went missing around 6:30 p.m. while walking the dog around the Oak Creek Apartments in Bedford.

"I went out looking for her after she didn't come back for like 30 minutes,"

Normal and not normal is relative. Some people keep a closer look at their children than others. In this particular case, I think mother suspected KC was hanging out with the wrong people.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back