GUILTY In - Halee Rathgeber, 20, Fatally Shot, Warrick County, 24 April 2017 *arrest*

http://www.courierpress.com/story/n...nd-defender-rathgaber-slaying-case/102521826/

Interesting that he chose the father-son attorney team in which the son has 2 years of experience over the appointed attorney with 17 years of experience... I wonder how much the father of that team pressured him to make that choice...

Also interesting from the article: "Also Monday, Granger denied Phillips' request to house Hagan at the Warrick County jail. Hagan has been ordered held at the Pike County Jail because his mother is a Warrick County jail employee."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting entry in the case file today:

Due to the volume and complexity of the witness, Defendant and investigatory interviews and statements present in this case the State and Defense Counsel have agreed to engage the services of one (1) independent stenographer for the purpose of transcribing the audio recorded interviews and statements obtained by various law enforcement authorities during the course of the investigation in this matter. The State and Defendant will share equally in the costs associated with this engagement and will cooperate in the distribution of the various statement and interview transcriptions obtained. The Court believes this is the most cost effective and just procedure and approves this arrangement.

Also interesting from the article: "Also Monday, Granger denied Phillips' request to house Hagan at the Warrick County jail. Hagan has been ordered held at the Pike County Jail because his mother is a Warrick County jail employee."

I thought I had read that somewhere and posted about it a few weeks ago. (Post #700) It's hard to believe Phillips would make the request to move IH. He had to have known IH mother worked there.

Interesting entry in the case file today:

Due to the volume and complexity of the witness, Defendant and investigatory interviews and statements present in this case the State and Defense Counsel have agreed to engage the services of one (1) independent stenographer for the purpose of transcribing the audio recorded interviews and statements obtained by various law enforcement authorities during the course of the investigation in this matter. The State and Defendant will share equally in the costs associated with this engagement and will cooperate in the distribution of the various statement and interview transcriptions obtained. The Court believes this is the most cost effective and just procedure and approves this arrangement.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like they've been busy investigating and interviewing.

Ruh roh:

Comes now the Defendant by counsel, Mark K. Phillips, and files Demand for
Probable Cause Hearing and Motion for Recording of Hearing and Motion to
Suppress Statements (Miranda Violations).

Entry on case file via Doxpop.

Could this be bc IH asked for a lawyer and then on the ride to the station the officer asked him where the gun was?

http://www.14news.com/story/36228427/festers-fest-proceeds-to-go-to-family-of-rathgeber-family

Tharon Rathgeber [Halee's dad] said Halee always made sure her family was taken care of and this is what she would want.

"She was always raised on those principles to give back and to help and to give anyone that was in need or in danger help so that's what her life was about was about helping others," said Tharon.

Tharon said throughout Halee's life, he thought the family was taking care of her, but after she passed, they realized all along she was actually the one taking care of them and still is through this college fund.

I'm still so sad that this young woman lost her life. She was loved by everyone and it seems that she was a positive influence in many lives. I just cannot believe someone murdered her. :(

Jury trial set for October 17th
http://www.courierpress.com/story/n...rrick-county-murder-case-set-trial/655268001/

I'm honestly shocked it's happening this quickly but per his case file, he was offered the chance to waive his "c4 rights" (right to speedy trial from what I'm understanding, basically <6 months from arrest to trial) and declined although defense did request a later date because they don't have all discovery yet.

How awful! I knew that guy was going to be found guilty of murder, that was such a tragic week -- wasn't he Haylee's ex-boyfriend, too? I feel so sad for all of the families involved.

IMO, LE is withholding certain information related to Libby's and Abby's case (e.g. COD) because they have determined the manner in which the girls were murdered to be very specific and unusual. If that's the case, LE wouldn't want to release that specific information to the public because those details might help in identifying the killer(s) as only the killer(s) would have that knowledge. If they are interviewing the perp, and he mentions a specific detail about the murder that was not released to the public, LE could investigate that person further. In Halee's case, I believe LE is releasing the COD because doing so is more likely to identify the killer than not releasing the COD. Does that make sense? Sometimes I'm horrible at communicating what I mean via online post. This is ALL JUST MY OPINION, by the way.

"Well, once there was always dark. If you ask me, the light’s winning.”
Can u link Abby and Libby thread?

Looks like subpoenas went out on Friday, lots and lots of people being subpoenaed. I recognize some names as local LE and some last names look familiar as friends of Halee's possibly but I haven't gotten a chance to look any of them up yet. There's a hearing on Thursday of this week at 9am.

Looks like subpoenas went out on Friday, lots and lots of people being subpoenaed. I recognize some names as local LE and some last names look familiar as friends of Halee's possibly but I haven't gotten a chance to look any of them up yet. There's a hearing on Thursday of this week at 9am.

Can you give us the link?

Thanks for keeping us informed about the trial, jessarox.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back