NY - Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, murdered, 1993-94, John Biltroff *GUILTY* - #2

BBM -Not sure who thought that or where but the concept of physical deformities correlating to criminality is from 19th century thought. afaik it's okay to post pages from a book so if anyone is curious about this here ya go: [FONT=&amp]Bernheimer, Charles, et al. [/FONT]Decadent subjects: the idea of decadence in art, literature, philosophy, and culture of the fin de siècle in Europe. Baltimore, The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2002.

That was inappropriate of me to criticize that comment in that way, but it is generally accepted now that characterizing criminality by things like physical attributes, race, etc is not constructive nor wise.

Criminality should be seperated from any factors which are identified and might influence it, for the simple reason that 'criminality' is a social construct that must be subordinate to learning, or it is destructive.

So, for example, you can go to a place where the wealthier and well educated are white, and the poor and less educated are black, and you can say "blacks in this location tend towards crimes, as defined by local laws". But if you generalize and say that the criminality comes from the blackness then you are off base, most educated people would say.

Same with any physical characteristic.

If, for example, you have a person who has seizures, and during those seizures he or she flops against bystanders and injures them, the epileptic has commited assault. But it is jackassery to charge them with assault, unless you refuse to learn, i.e., unless you consider local laws a 'god' rather than a short term step.

edit to add
Now I drop this subject and will not post anymore, absolutely.

Yeah, can we PLEASE not go down the road of trying to link criminality to physical characteristics. It's not only bad science, it's discriminatory at its heart- discriminatory against people whose ethnicity lends itself to particular features be they whites of eyes showing, size or position or droop of eyes, and it's discriminatory against people who might have slight deformities or simply normal variations, not to mention against people who may suffer from illnesses of one kind or another. It adds absolutely nothing of value to any investigative path and serves to reinforce terrible stereotypes against anyone seen as deviating from physical norms within a given population. Frankly it's offensive as hell and has been used to demonize individuals and historically has played a part in false arrests and convictions of people believed to have some equivalent to "the mark of the beast" or whatnot.

Also can we PLEASE (I'm begging you) not derail and clutter the threads with astronomical assertions and theories. I think there used to be a section of this site where such musings/chartings were welcome and maybe there still is?

People have talked about Bittrolff and the girls and this and that

He was a carpenter
but was he self employed?
did he work with his brother? family business?
who did he work for?

I believe the answers to all of these questions can be found in the early pages of his thread.

He was self-employed, or rather he owned a sole proprietorship. His wife was listed as part of the company but she had a separate full-time job so at least at the time of his arrest it wasn't a family business in the true sense- it was his. His business was contracted and subcontracted for work on projects.

Yeah, can we PLEASE not go down the road of trying to link criminality to physical characteristics. It's not only bad science, it's discriminatory at its heart- discriminatory against people whose ethnicity lends itself to particular features be they whites of eyes showing, size or position or droop of eyes, and it's discriminatory against people who might have slight deformities or simply normal variations, not to mention against people who may suffer from illnesses of one kind or another. It adds absolutely nothing of value to any investigative path and serves to reinforce terrible stereotypes against anyone seen as deviating from physical norms within a given population. Frankly it's offensive as hell and has been used to demonize individuals and historically has played a part in false arrests and convictions of people believed to have some equivalent to "the mark of the beast" or whatnot.

Also can we PLEASE (I'm begging you) not derail and clutter the threads with astronomical assertions and theories. I think there used to be a section of this site where such musings/chartings were welcome and maybe there still is?

Absolutely! I posted the book pages only to provide a credible source showing how outdated that is, but I realize it really wasn't productive of me to have posted in the first place. Hopefully this is more productive... There were two State Police who were fired for but not charged in sexually abusing two dancers in late 1993. Their names did not come up in the Bittrolff investigation that I know of but I think that considering the timing it deserve a look.

2 State Cops Are Dismissed Exotic dancers brought charges: [NASSAU AND SUFFOLK Edition]
Susan Forrest. STAFF WRITER. Newsday, Combined editions; Long Island, N.Y. [Long Island, N.Y]31 Mar 1994: A07.
The two state troopers suspended last fall after they pulled over a pair of exotic dancers who alleged sexual abuse and other misconduct - including stopping innocent motorists to impress them - have been fired, State Police confirmed yesterday.
Frank Costa, 26, and Ramon Bereras, 34, who were assigned to Troop L in Farmingdale, were fired March 17 after administrative hearings...

The dancers - 20-and 23-year-olds from Manhasset Hills whose names are being withheld by Newsday because of their sexual-abuse allegations - were pulled over by Costa and Bereras on the southbound Meadowbrook Parkway in the early morning of Sept 1. No traffic tickets were issued but the women, later charged by Nassau police with burglary, went for a ride with Costa and Bereras who were away from their post without permission for a significant time, State Police officials have said.
Attorney Joseph Famighetti, who represents the State Police Benevolent Association, said Costa and Bereras were fired for conduct unbecoming officers. Famighetti said the troopers testified at the hearing and maintain their innocence. He said he plans to appeal the firings to the State Supreme Court in Albany...
In statements to Nassau police Sept. 2, the women alleged, among other things... they were intimidated into demonstrating lewd flips they perform at bachelor parties; asked to strip naked, which the women said they did not do; that the 23-year-old was handcuffed, her shirt lifted and bra unhooked so one trooper could see her breasts; that a gun was pressed against one of the women's arm and back; and that both dancers were grabbed sexually.
In addition, the women said Costa and Bereras drove them to the Freeport home of the 23-year-old's former boyfriend, where Nassau police said the troopers waited outside while the dancers jimmied the lock and stole personal items. The women were charged with burglary Sept. 2, but Costa and Bereras were never arrested in connection with the break-in... In December, Nassau prosecutors dropped the criminal investigation into the troopers, citing insufficient evidence.
On March 21 - four days after the troopers were fired - the women pleaded guilty in Nassau County Court to trespassing, which is not a criminal charge but a violation, and were conditionally discharged on 12 months of unsupervised probation, sources close to the case said. The women's cases are sealed. Ferri refused to talk about their cases.

I keep thinking Hackett made the call but he was being coached with someone standing right next to him with the phone on speaker, someone like Bittrolff, or SY or missing link from VMOA...someone who IS involved with a "home for wayward"
Exactly my theory

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Anyone remember the SY usasexguide post? SY was essentially hosting prostitution in a hotel room in Thailand was it? Then hawk says Burke and Spota took a trip to bangkok? Starting to understand why the case isnt solved.
Interesting

What does the above (below) have to do with Rita Tangredi and Colleen McNamee?

Suggestion: if you don't like to see posts moved, then don't post off topic.
Some feel there is a connection between a ring of men and perhaps bittrolf was one of them.

This is a mugshot of John Bittrolff taken 10/8/1990 by Suffolk County police and a sketch of an unknown man seen in the area at the time

Karen Louise Wilson vanished in 1985, Police want to find him for questioning. (Photo Credit: Namus.gov)

Karen Louise Wilson was last seen on Wednesday, March 27, 1985 abt 7:30-8:00 PM in the Colonial Quad parking lot at The University

of Albany (State University of New York or SUNY) in Albany, NY It is presumed that she was heading to her Colonial Quad dorm.

Karen was 5'3" and weighed 114 pounds at the time of her abduction. She has brown hair and brown eyes.

http://deaniepeters-missingangels.blogspot.com/2013/09/karen-louise-wilson-missing-28-years.html

According to an article in TimesUnion.com, http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Out-of-sight-but-not-of-mind-4334152.php

Police believe that Karen was abducted near or in the parking lot to her dorm room.

Investigators ran a re-creation of an abduction scenario in a parking lot and timed it. The time it took for a bigger man to single handedly

abduct a petite woman was only 10 seconds.

They theorize that a lone man in a car was waiting in the college parking lot for a target and saw Karen.

Although persons of interest have come and gone, and sex offenders have been looked at, police have a sketch of an unknown man seen

in the area at the time Karen vanished. They are not calling him a suspect, simply someone wanted for questioning..

Missing Since: March 27, 1985 from Albany, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: February 2, 1963
Height and Weight: 5'3, 114 pounds

Read more about Karen Louise Wilson at the links above and here on Websleuths at

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Albany-27-March-1985&p=11661305#post11661305
Hmmmm as dee pointed out, he could have sat for the sketch.

I keep thinking Hackett made the call but he was being coached with someone standing right next to him with the phone on speaker, someone like Bittrolff, or SY or missing link from VMOA...someone who IS involved with a "home for wayward"

if THE CALL LL6 is talking about is May 3, at 1:42 - Alex Diaz was standing next to him and absolutely NOT coaching him.

There IS NO WAYWARD GIRLS PHONE CALL. Mari LIED.

If i were le, i would be looking at the friendships bittrolf had at the gun club he frequented.

North sea...I think fieldnotes theorized Buttrofl might have been a member of the north sea gun club. I believe they owned property in the upstate new york town we thought bittrolff may have had a second home in. From what google it looks like the north sea gun club is next to the Big Woods preserve in North Sea, so perhaps Sandra Costilla was found there?
Dee check this out

Two curious cats, I had never associated burlap with construction. I'm not a Northerner but I imagine that winter would not be a great time to build houses on Long Island. Any stories about JB being a smooth talker or someone who could disarm the girls?
My husband and i general contractors in colorado and we self perform a lot of our own work. We plant trees and work with burlap when we landscape some of our projects.

Looking through the first few pages of this thread I found the following post. I don't know if it answers your question exactly but... it might help.

I also saw photos of John Bittrolff as a kid on his mothers fb account im not sure I can mention her name here. Another thought is this. I believe his older son made refernce to hunting upstate in McDonough. I checked every property record there. I didnt see anything in the Bittrolff name but did see that North Sea Hunting Club owns about 20 acres. North Sea Hunting Club is based in South Hampton by invite only. I wonder if JB is a member. We know he is a Hunter. There also is a guy from Mastic who owns land in McDonough, ny. I wonder if they are friends. Over and out

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Bittrolff-ARRESTED*-2&p=10933138#post10933138
Another old post that could be useful

Dee check this out

I think your right. And poor Sandra was found in North Sea.
Bittrolff has a cabin in upstate NY. The place he has an appitite for raw hearts. SICKO.
Maybe he put the property in someone elses name.
I would not be surprised if he had bodies buried there.

Bittrolff has a cabin in upstate NY. The place he has an appitite for raw hearts. SICKO.
I have read a lot about crazy horse and the lakota. Eating the heart of the animals they killed for food was giving thanks. Maybe bittrolf is an imitator of that hunting ritual. Maybe he is a recipient of an indian curse because his mind is weak as in most cases with those who struggle with compulsions and addictions. He lives close to indian land i have read. A place that frowns upon big egos and arrogance.

Eating the heart of the animal is a way to obtain that animal's medicine. Deer represents gentleness. Elk is stamina and love medicine. Moose is elder wisdom. The more and more i think about bittrolf, the more i think he is lisk and its like a ritual for him to kill.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan