GUILTY VA - Ashanti Billie, 19, found deceased, Virginia Beach, 18 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

A press briefing was scheduled this afternoon. Did anyone see it? I can't find the actual briefing online.
https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/fiel...ss-releases/press-briefing-for-ashanti-billie

Maybe they only announced the reward.

From your link, Dalagali:
Congressman Scott Taylor spoke with the Billie family Monday morning. Taylor said, "Understandably they're a little upset with sort of the progress of what's happening to find their daughter."

He also said,"listening to them I think that there perhaps were some mistakes made in protocol... I don't know that for sure yet. I don't want to disparage anybody, but we're going to make some calls to everything from the feds all of the way down to local level and in my office, all resources all hands are on deck."

Having held jobs that required me to go in before dawn the last thing one normally does is go in an hour or more early. She arrived at the base almost 90 minutes before work started. Hopefully, the phone will provide some clues. Did she have a friend on base she was going to meet before work - did she go to a gym there? There might be info on the phone.

It doesn't say if anyone else was working at the sub shop that morning. Her car was seen leaving the base. Wondering if there was a car following hers? Hoping she is taking a break somewhere. Seems to me a lot of pressure on her with school and a 4:30 am start time for work.

I wonder if the guards at the gate have to actually scan her ID when she goes on base. We're military (Coast Guard) and my son is in Security Forces at Langley AFB in Hampton, VA. They will actually scan the drivers military ID when we go on to our local Navy base here in CT and they scan our ID's at Langley. I would imagine that whoever was working the gate scanned her ID so they would know exactly when she came through that gate. It's weird that she got there so early ahead of her work schedule. An idea that we could consider is that maybe someone was in the car with her when she came on base. Did any of her room mates see her leave in the morning for work? Could she have maybe not been alone? Maybe someone stayed the night and she was returning them back to base early so they could report to work on time also. Just a random thought or idea.

Yes they actually scan them at little creek too. (I live in Hampton and go to Langley AFB too :) even though my husband is navy and works in Norfolk.) When they scan your ID the pic is supposed to come up on the scanner with all info and it will alert if it’s expired or what not. I’m sure the ID scan time is accurate.

I believe this Blimpie Sub shop just opened on August 23 (according to a FB post anyways). They only reason I can imagine her getting there that early is because of traffic. My husband usually leaves at 5:15 to get to base in Norfolk but he doesn’t have to be in at work til 6:30 or so. Traffic is horrible in this area, especially getting on base early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, sometimes the guards will scan each persons ID or request to look at an ID if they don’t have a military ID. Sometimes when we go they request both my husbands and mine (if I am sitting in the front seat), sometimes they don’t. Just a thought.

This gives me pause. Why such quick involvement? She's of age, and there doesn't appear to be any evidence of a kidnapping across state lines. The linked article also mentions NCIS and a Congressman. Is it because she was last seen on base?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Yes any involvement in/of crime on base is handled by NCIS and if needed turned over to local authorities

It doesn't say if anyone else was working at the sub shop that morning. Her car was seen leaving the base. Wondering if there was a car following hers? Hoping she is taking a break somewhere. Seems to me a lot of pressure on her with school and a 4:30 am start time for work.
Per an earlier article, Ashanti was opening the store that day. Another employee showed up around 9:00 am? (not sure if this is correct) and she wasn't there. I assume AB was scheduled to work alone until the next shift arrived. They wouldn't have much business until around noon, IMO. I don't see where they serve breakfast foods, but the opener would likely set up for lunch time and prepare catering orders.

When Andrew Estrada got to work Monday at a Blimpie sub shop at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek, he was surprised to find no one there.

Ashanti Billie was scheduled to open that morning. The 19-year-old assistant manager is reliable and never late, Estrada said. She should have been there hours earlier.

[...]

That was sometime after 9 a.m. Monday.
<snipped>
https://pilotonline.com/news/local/...cle_3f778746-bbe4-54c7-9da5-0d35617a583e.html

No hours are listed for this Blimpie store.
https://www.blimpie.com/stores/12268?latitude=36.9160055&longitude=-76.19063069999999

I wonder if she was carjacked when she arrived at work and was getting out of her car.

Per an earlier article, Ashanti was opening the store that day. Another employee showed up around 9:00 am? (not sure if this is correct) and she wasn't there. I assume AB was scheduled to work alone until the next shift arrived. They wouldn't have much business until around noon, IMO. I don't see where they serve breakfast foods, but the opener would likely set up for lunch time and prepare catering orders.

<snipped>
https://pilotonline.com/news/local/...cle_3f778746-bbe4-54c7-9da5-0d35617a583e.html

No hours are listed for this Blimpie store.
https://www.blimpie.com/stores/12268?latitude=36.9160055&longitude=-76.19063069999999

I wonder if she was carjacked when she arrived at work and was getting out of her car.

I have wondered this too. Most people think the bases are safe (they usually are, don’t get me wrong) but there are crimes that do happen such as larceny, etc. I think to myself if that were to happen to me (car jacking on base) I would slam on the brakes by the gate when I was leaving and jump out to the guards who are armed.

So many scenarios going thru my head.

Finding her car really changes my perspective on things. If she needed a break to get away I don’t think she would ditch her car.

Back in May there was another black female (and her infant daughter) reported missing in my city not far away from Norfolk. Do you remember Kier Johnson and her baby? She hasn’t been found nor her daughter. Kiers car was found miles away abandoned by some residences. :/

I wonder if the guards at the gate have to actually scan her ID when she goes on base. We're military (Coast Guard) and my son is in Security Forces at Langley AFB in Hampton, VA. They will actually scan the drivers military ID when we go on to our local Navy base here in CT and they scan our ID's at Langley. I would imagine that whoever was working the gate scanned her ID so they would know exactly when she came through that gate. It's weird that she got there so early ahead of her work schedule. An idea that we could consider is that maybe someone was in the car with her when she came on base. Did any of her room mates see her leave in the morning for work? Could she have maybe not been alone? Maybe someone stayed the night and she was returning them back to base early so they could report to work on time also. Just a random thought or idea.
BBM Per articles I have read:

Ashanti Markaila Billie was last seen Monday around 4 a.m. in the 4400 block of Bonney Road at the Midtown at Town Center Apartments.
<snipped>
https://pilotonline.com/news/local/...cle_8a1f2577-93ef-5752-a5bc-30a956347dbb.html

BBM Those words lead me to believe someone saw her leave for work that AM, whether it was a roommate or neighbor, or someone else. JMO

I have wondered this too. Most people think the bases are safe (they usually are, don&#8217;t get me wrong) but there are crimes that do happen such as larceny, etc. I think to myself if that were to happen to me (car jacking on base) I would slam on the brakes by the gate when I was leaving and jump out to the guards who are armed.

So many scenarios going thru my head.

Finding her car really changes my perspective on things. If she needed a break to get away I don&#8217;t think she would ditch her car.

Back in May there was another black female (and her infant daughter) reported missing in my city not far away from Norfolk. Do you remember Kier Johnson and her baby? She hasn&#8217;t been found nor her daughter. Kiers car was found miles away abandoned by some residences. :/

I'm not familiar with the case of Kier Johnson. Did she have any connection to a military base?

The reason I'm leaving open the possibility of AB disappearing voluntarily, there was another case I followed a few years ago in which a young woman disappeared and her car was found abandoned miles away from her home. I thought the worst. But, it turned out that she had left voluntarily because of some personal issues and eventually reunited happily with her family.

I really hope that turns out to be the case here, although right now I admit I don't have a good feeling about it. :(

No I do not believe Keir had military connections. Well maybe her twin sister was in the military but her disappearance had nothing military related. Keir lived 5 minutes from my house. It really hit home to me. :/

I hope Ashanti is found ASAP. I will be following and updating when I hear any news from local stations.

Also, I'm wondering if there are any surveillance cameras outside the Blimpie store, and if there are any traffic cameras on base, at the exits, or nearby after leaving the base, or where the car was abandoned. AB's mother states in MSM:
The car was seen leaving the base about a half-hour later, but investigators could not determine who or how many people were in it,
<snipped> https://pilotonline.com/news/local/...cle_3f778746-bbe4-54c7-9da5-0d35617a583e.html

Sounds like investigators were studying surveillance pics, IMO.

Not 100% sure but I think there are cameras on some of the main roads. You can look up 511 VA traffic cams in the area and see. That is a good idea. I will do that on my desk top in the AM.

Yes any involvement in/of crime on base is handled by NCIS and if needed turned over to local authorities

NCIS does make sense, I think it's the FBI & Congressman that seem to be in awful quick. Not in any way saying that's a bad thing - just seems unusual.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Yes they actually scan them at little creek too. (I live in Hampton and go to Langley AFB too :) even though my husband is navy and works in Norfolk.) When they scan your ID the pic is supposed to come up on the scanner with all info and it will alert if it’s expired or what not. I’m sure the ID scan time is accurate.

I believe this Blimpie Sub shop just opened on August 23 (according to a FB post anyways). They only reason I can imagine her getting there that early is because of traffic. My husband usually leaves at 5:15 to get to base in Norfolk but he doesn’t have to be in at work til 6:30 or so. Traffic is horrible in this area, especially getting on base early.

I live in the area and I've accidentally driven onto 3 different bases. I travel for work and saw the sign too late and couldn't turn around. Every time they've taken my id and had me turn around and gave it back to me. I've been on this base before and because I was meeting someone, I had to have their information and they checked my id as well.

I've learned my lesson to stop driving on the bases, I hope!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Police are considering her disappearance suspicious because some of her belongings were found in Norfolk. Her parents say her phone was among the belongings.
<snipped> http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/09/...lege-student-missing-phone-found-in-dumpster/

Here is another map, showing the location where AB's car was abandoned.

https://goo.gl/maps/TaCNwJhabTN2

It looks like the car was driven along Rt 60 to where it was abandoned in Ocean View. Not good that whoever was in the car, possibly with AB, traveled so close to the water. Would someone be able to catch a ferry in Ocean View to get to, say, Buckroe Beach and Park where a vehicle may be parked.

AB's cell phone being found in Norfolk suggests 2 possbilities:
1.) Someone, with AB in the car, drove from the base to Norfolk and then backtracked/took I-64 to Ocean View.

2.) Two people are involved in the abduction of AB, one driving AB's car and the other driving a 2nd car. So, the one drives to Norfolk while the other drives to Ocean View.

Either way, he/she/they wanted to spread the evidence. Fortunately for LE, that's more opportunity to catch something/someone on camera. Hoping they did and Ashanti will be found soon.

ETA: meant to ask, what besides her cell phone was found in Norfolk?

<snipped> http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/09/...lege-student-missing-phone-found-in-dumpster/

Here is another map, showing the location where AB's car was abandoned.

https://goo.gl/maps/TaCNwJhabTN2

It looks like the car was driven along Rt 60 to where it was abandoned in Ocean View. Not good that whoever was in the car, possibly with AB, traveled so close to the water. Would someone be able to catch a ferry in Ocean View to get to, say, Buckroe Beach and Park where a vehicle may be parked.

AB's cell phone being found in Norfolk suggests 2 possbilities:
1.) Someone, with AB in the car, drove from the base to Norfolk and then backtracked/took I-64 to Ocean View.

2.) Two people are involved in the abduction of AB, one driving AB's car and the other driving a 2nd car. So, the one drives to Norfolk while the other drives to Ocean View.

Either way, he/she/they wanted to spread the evidence. Fortunately for LE, that's more opportunity to catch something/someone on camera. Hoping they did and Ashanti will be found soon.

Where is AB's cell phone?
There isn't a ferry from Oceanview to buckroe beach. The only way to get to those areas is the HRBT I-64 which is a pain.

I work near this part of Norfolk for the most part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yeah no ferries in this area. Just travel by car.

When does the FBI usually get involved with a case? All kidnappings or just some?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back