VA VA - Ed Keyton, 81, Martha, 54, (found deceased) & Flora Helmick, 52, Bridgewater, 3 Aug 1973

Could Tricia email this person directly? They might not check their pm here.

Tricia's instructions say we can private message, or email her:
If you have any questions please post them at the link above. Feel free to send me a private message or email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

That might be the best way to notify Tricia about this contact scenario. Can you, or did you already, get in touch with Tricia? I just don't want all of us swamping either of her methods. IMO as usual :)

Can you, or did you already, get in touch with Tricia? I just don't want all of us swamping either of her methods. IMO as usual :)

I've not messaged her, no. I'll let you or Elainera do the honours :)

Hi Everyone,

I attempted to contact Ladeegreenii when Chief Simmons first reached out a week or two ago. Sorry my weeks run together.

We have emailed her and sent a private message but we have yet to hear from her.

Ladeegreenii joined on August 18th and has not been back to Websleuths since then.

That's why we are trying to find other family members. I hope she contacts the police or Websleuths but it appears she joined and left the same day.

Take Care,
Tricia

You can put down your pens and pencils because we already have contact with a granddaughter thanks to a Websleuths member.

I will tell you who as soon as I get their permission.

THANK YOU. MORE LATER
Tricia

I believe I found Ladee on FB and an obituary for Flora & Martha's sister, which I have sent to Tricia to send to the Police Chief.

Everyone here is amazing! I appreciate the sleuthing. I was just contacted by the Chief of the Bridgewater Police Department, J. Simmons, and we're arranging for DNA testing to confirm the identity of the deceased.

Wouldn't be possible without this site - - thank you, Patricia, Chris, Joe and everyone who's making it possible to get closure for my family!!

Everyone here is amazing! I appreciate the sleuthing. I was just contacted by the Chief of the Bridgewater Police Department, J. Simmons, and we're arranging for DNA testing to confirm the identity of the deceased.

Wouldn't be possible without this site - - thank you, Patricia, Chris, Joe and everyone who's making it possible to get closure for my family!!

Thank you for joining Websleuths Ladeegreenii. Please be sure and keep us updated on the DNA tests.

Tomorrow (Thursday) I will be taking this story to social media. I meant to do it today but I ran out of time.

What happened was several people came up with the same information before it was announced Ladeegreenii had been found.

Everyone was right on with their information but this time there is a bit of a twist. I'll explain more tomorrow.

G'night.

Tricia

Thank you, Tricia, for keeping us up to date.
Ladee, I'm very sorry for your loss, but hoping this brings your family closure, and glad we could help with that.

Article requires a paid subscription in order to read it.��

I was able to read without a subscription. Sorry about that. :thinking:

[FONT=&quot]From the above link:

Bridgewater Police Chief Joe Simmons said the department was contacted about 10 days ago by authorities in Fayette County, Ky.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The call was about remains found in the Kentucky River during a Lexington Fire Department training exercise in October 2016, according to Fayette County Coroner Gary Ginn. The department was practicing removing cars from the river, which runs along the southeastern city limits; it is known to have abandoned vehicles in the area, according to a report by CBS affiliate WKYT.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When one of the cars was pulled to the shore, a firefighter noticed bones and called the coroner.
[/FONT]

Investigators began searching for information about missing people on Websleuths, an online forum dedicated to unsolved crimes and missing persons. That’s where they heard about the Bridgewater trio.

[FONT=&quot]The next step in the case is comparing DNA from the relatives to the DNA found at the scene.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Now, it’s a waiting game,” Ginn said. “From what I understand, there’s a good bit of information that matches the information we’ve got here.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]From the above link:

Bridgewater Police Chief Joe Simmons said the department was contacted about 10 days ago by authorities in Fayette County, Ky.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The call was about remains found in the Kentucky River during a Lexington Fire Department training exercise in October 2016, according to Fayette County Coroner Gary Ginn. The department was practicing removing cars from the river, which runs along the southeastern city limits; it is known to have abandoned vehicles in the area, according to a report by CBS affiliate WKYT.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When one of the cars was pulled to the shore, a firefighter noticed bones and called the coroner.
[/FONT]

Investigators began searching for information about missing people on Websleuths, an online forum dedicated to unsolved crimes and missing persons. That’s where they heard about the Bridgewater trio.

[FONT=&quot]The next step in the case is comparing DNA from the relatives to the DNA found at the scene.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Now, it’s a waiting game,” Ginn said. “From what I understand, there’s a good bit of information that matches the information we’ve got here.”
[/FONT]

Here is the link to a Websleuths thread about the vehicle and bones that were found in the Kentucky River last year.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...mp-Human-Bones-Found-in-Kentucky-River-Oct-16

Here is an update from a Lexington, Kentucky television station regarding the remains and vehicle that was pulled last year from the Kentucky River.

Coroner: It Could Take Years To Identify Remains Found In Kentucky River

WKYT-TV from Lexington, Kentucky is reporting that the Fayette County Coroner has expressed concerns that it could take years to identify the remains found last year in the Kentucky River if the DNA from the remains doesn’t match the DNA of the missing trio from Bridgewater, Virginia.

There is also a picture of the ferry crossing near where the remains and vehicle were pulled from the Kentucky River last year.

Source:

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Co...emains-found-in-Kentucky-River-453416163.html

The DNA has been collected from my mother, the maternal niece of the missing women. Without getting into the details, I don't believe there's any doubts in anyone's minds, that the remains are those of my great aunt.

I will continue to update this forum since this wouldn't be possible without you all!

Cold Case Nearing End

[... ]The tests compared DNA to a niece of Martha Helmick, who was last seen leaving town with her sister, Flora, and John Ed Keyton on Aug. 3, 1973. They were driving to a family reunion in Dabolt, Ky., but never arrived.

Simmons said the woman who submitted DNA has since died, and there are no other living relatives.

The development leaves the possibility for an open-ended conclusion to the cold case.

Simmons said there’s a “99.9 percent” chance that the vehicle belonged to Keyton.

“There are numerous things that would lead us to believe that was the car that left Bridgewater,” he said.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back