Etiquette & Information Discussion

Didn't know where to post my question.

First, thanks for signing me up!

I noted that the threads on the disappearing of Lisanne Froon & Kris Kremers have been closed.
Is it allowed to discuss this topic on this forum again or not?

Best wishes
Willy

Didn't know where to post my question.

First, thanks for signing me up!

I noted that the threads on the disappearing of Lisanne Froon & Kris Kremers have been closed.
Is it allowed to discuss this topic on this forum again or not?

Best wishes
Willy

I alerted your post on a previously closed thread. Coldpizza has opened a new thread:

THANKS TO DINAMO ZG:

TRUE MYSTERY: Disappearance of Lisanne Froon & Kris Kremers

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306659

:gomods:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all, thank you Tricia, WS' Admins and Mods for everything you do to keep this forum running smoothly. Thanks also to Sillybilly for pointing me to the Etiquette thread.

I've been a bad, bad WSer *smacks own hand* I promise not to get so 'het up' in the future.

Just wanted to say, loving the sidebar! Thanks for adding that

My post keeps getting deleted?! I'm almost certain I didn't do anything against the rules. Do we not get a message or something saying why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

My post keeps getting deleted?! I'm almost certain I didn't do anything against the rules. Do we not get a message or something saying why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
You might get a pm, but in most cases, you will not. If we sent a message every time we removed a post, we'd have to work at it 24/7. On the other hand, members are always welcome to contact a mod or an admin with questions about the rules, or why a post was removed. Don't post questions about rules and moderation in the threads; always send a private message, or post general questions here.

As you become more familiar with the site, you will get a better handle on what is and isn't allowed. Also, keep in mind that your post, itself, might be okay. But, if you've quoted a post that has to be removed, your post will be removed, as well. That's often the case when a member comes to us and says s/he's certain a post was okay, and can't see why it was deleted. So, word of caution, be careful what you quote.

Hope that helps. :)

Bessie

Regarding the last q-and-a, if we are temporarily banned, we are not able to message the moderator. There was also a second suggestion in the rules regarding a way to contact the moderation team that I don't think we had access to when banned, but I would have to go back and refresh my memory about that one.

What is the appropriate email address to contact to discuss a temporary ban? I contacted the main email address immediately after a temporary ban, and it still remains unanswered, so it wasn't in any way effective in appealing the ban.

Is it possible to edit settings to allow people to PM only moderators if they are banned?

Regarding the last q-and-a, if we are temporarily banned, we are not able to message the moderator. There was also a second suggestion in the rules regarding a way to contact the moderation team that I don't think we had access to when banned, but I would have to go back and refresh my memory about that one.

What is the appropriate email address to contact to discuss a temporary ban? I contacted the main email address immediately after a temporary ban, and it still remains unanswered, so it wasn't in any way effective in appealing the ban.

Is it possible to edit settings to allow people to PM only moderators if they are banned?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for asking.

If I am not mistaken you can still send a private message when you are on a temporary ban. However, feel free to email websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Take Care,
Tricia

I'm not sure where to post this but almost every time I open this site on my phone a spam ad takes over the screen. This is the only site that this happens. Is there a way to fix this? I can't be the only one?

I have a question. Lileth told me that only those who had sent a certain number of posts can add a new missing person or murder case into Websleuths. How many posts is that ? I live in Memphis and the unsolved cases are piling up.

Next, I clicked on certain topics in Crimes in the News and a message appears that I should talk to an administrator. What gives.

Those are my two questions. Thanks.

I have a question. Lileth told me that only those who had sent a certain number of posts can add a new missing person or murder case into Websleuths. How many posts is that ? I live in Memphis and the unsolved cases are piling up.

Next, I clicked on certain topics in Crimes in the News and a message appears that I should talk to an administrator. What gives.

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Websleuths

I have set your account to "established". You should be able to post a thread in the Missing forum or anywhere on Websleuths.

As far as how many posts you have to have to be able to start a thread? I'm not sure. I should know but my brain only holds so much information and that number just flew out of my head.

If I am not mistaken it is 20 posts. but I will double check.

Just joined and not paying strict attent ion but have 25 posts and that makes permissions adequate to do new thread I see (t hough it may have been 20 not sure, having to much fun!!)

Hi Rowen,

I will make sure you and Robert321 can start threads. As soon as I move you into the "established" group you will be able to post threads.

Give me a bit to do this but I will come back and post when it is finished.

Welcome to Websleuths Rowen. Glad you are enjoying the site.

Tricia

Ok, both are set. I did Robert321's a few days ago. Rowen, you are ready to post a thread if you like

Not having fun... maybe I am sensitive, but this site seems like an endless parade of death. Yes, some get found or come home, but the vast majority of these cases are pointless. The victim is dead. The police are hampered by expansive bureaucracies. The family members crumple to the floor in tears. Nothing ever changes. A river of dead bodies. Maybe I am too sensitive.

“... not in our stars, but in ourselves...”. Shakespeare

I think it's not a bad idea to begin each new thread with a link to WS Rules and Etiquette thread. Many people have never read it and don't know where to find it. And lately a lot of threads seem to be going off the rails with overly heated discussions, snark, OT arguments, and general incivility. It would be a good reminder, I think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just found this thread. Are there any rules regarding user names? E.g. no swear words etc? Just asking if posters can object to a user name if they wish and should they just do it by alerting the post or how?

Can a moderator please direct me to or post the relevant information regarding posting a link to YouTube?

I am not finding it anywhere in the rules.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back