GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I read the more I am convinced Jenna is the victim of human trafficking. Although I try to keep an open mind, everything not adding up only adds up to the same thing, in my honest opinion. Trafficking is a multi-million dollar business, with Atlanta being the hub for the entire country. The people behind it are masterminds and the authorities cannot keep up with them because so much is done out of sight (there are even internet sites that are so advanced that everyday common surfers cannot see).

Something tells me Jenna was questioning her situation, not realizing the full picture, which is completely understandable due to her Autism. While groomed, victims are coerced and brainwashed - by the time they realize the reality of it, it is too late. For Jenna, my guess is she had ZERO idea of what was going on, truly believing the groomer was indeed her boyfriend. This was probably a unique situation for the “boyfriend” as well. My belief is that she was living with a groomer in that apartment, and actually being on the lease was a great coverup. How in the world would she be able to get a lease otherwise, with no income and a record for stealing money from her employer? I’m hoping LE is looking into connections of the other person on the lease (or who actually owns the unit or possibly even the building) because it wouldn’t surprise me if it is part of a much bigger operation. A fabricated landlord that allows an apartment lease to those without income for a kickback? The true landlord is being paid, in my opinion, mainly to keep their mouth shut.

I feel Jenna was an enigma to the trafficking business, not straying too far, but not staying exceptionally close, either. If she was still being groomed, she was being shown that all her financial needs could be met by her groomer (no need for her to seek reportable income and it explains why she hasn’t had a deposit in quite some time). Everything was being financially controlled for her, and the rest of the control was in the process. My guess is that her leaving for the weekend for the cat (or even just going to visit the house frequently if she didn’t actually stay there) was completely off the charts and created havoc. My gut tells me that either the groomer (or his superior) sent her away to another part of the country within his circle to get her completely away from her family (makes sense with the abandoned car/belongings), or she was feeling uneasy with her current situation and somehow befriended another groomer/pimp who promised to take care of her. Unaware of the true reality of it all, being friendly with two different trafficking circles could have really caused problems.

A few random thoughts...
- Studio Execs possibly taping over the video surveillance footage (somewhere in thread #2 mentioned by Subie) was alarming to me
- GBI involved from the beginning leads me to believe they are onto trafficking and because of the depth of trafficking organizations, it is a very slow process to unweave the intricacies of their webs
- strip clubs are oftentimes completely against trafficking because one is legal and one is not. There have been many instances where the nightclubs have helped LE with trafficking (this is something Jenna could have been unaware of and if she tried to go to a strip club, that could have been an issue with her groomer/pimp for several reasons).
- gas stations and convenience stores are common pickup places for trafficking. There is trafficking language/code. Until there is surveillance footage, or at least amounts and times of purchases, I do not think I can place much more thought because it might not have even been Jenna there or making the purchases (still trying to focus on FINDING HER).
- the tapestry is a mystery and I originally thought it could be related to a community worshipping the Egyptian Sun God, Ra (my husband told me he heard references back in his rap music days to Ra), which led me to want to believe there was a connection to the Opera House concert the night of her disappearance (if I remember the band/place correctly) or to Studio Execs, but there are SO MANY MISSING PIECES! This tapestry is frustrating, to say the least, but like the gas stations, until there is come concrete evidence, I can come up with 1000 theories, but I feel, for me, it is futile without more info.
- I, like many others on here, think all these “friends” of Jenna’s are somehow connected. The South Carolina one still has me confused because I want to believe she is legit and unrelated to the happenings in Atlanta, but I want her to tell more (and maybe she is, we just don’t know). My gut tells me most of Jenna’s “friends” aren’t talking because they are somehow involved with illegal activities themselves, therefore the cry for help in order to find her is not coming from her “friends.” So sad.
- the scariest part to me is that Jenna, although 25, is vulnerable and could be looked at as a VERY potential profitable resource in the trafficking industry. She could be advertised for being much younger due to her social vulnerability and her small stature (which is nauseating that there is an overwhelming desire for underage sex), but the reality is that she is actually of legal age, so it is a win-win for pimps (the difference in charges between trafficking children and adults is huge - I think trafficking adults is only a misdemeanor which means they get arrested, pay their bail, and are back at it the next day. Trafficking children will land you in jail for a LONG time).

I want with all my heart to be wrong, but I strongly believe, although it is only my opinion, this possibility cannot be denied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only the last paragraph of my post appears on the app (which makes it look really strange and cryptic). There is a way to see it, but I know I wouldn’t look unless prompted. I must have too many words... sorry!

The location of the car ... parking on a street, in front of a building with a visible camera. You can see the camera right by the door. Also, it's not just any camera. It's a camera that recorded a shooting and it was publicized in the news.

Either the person who left it was dumb or they felt police would not be getting any helpful info on it, IMO. There's plenty of other places in this city - even around there - to leave a car and be more discreet. This is not a street where people park cars so it would stand out. The tank was not empty to the point it couldn't be driven somewhere else.

Is there such a thing as a turf war relating to drug sales/trafficking or something of the sort? Does that really happen or have I watched too many movies?

Are you talking about the camera at the recording studio?

Only the last paragraph of my post appears on the app (which makes it look really strange and cryptic). There is a way to see it, but I know I wouldn’t look unless prompted. I must have too many words... sorry!

I can see your post in its entirety in the original post & the quoted post! [emoji4]

Very good points you bring up!

I find the location of the recovered vehicle very interesting as well. I wonder how many times it had been moved prior to discovery.
Also, anyone know when Jenna was first issued her license?

Another couple questions on the vehicle- when discovered, it was initially processed by DeKalb, correct? It was not first disturbed by family or others with a spare key, is that correct? Also, did Jenna have AAA or other roadside assistance coverage?

This case recently came across my radar screen.

Subie-my thoughts are with you and your family during this terrible time. And with Jenna as well of course. I hope and pray that the discovery of her car brings some significant answers to her disappearance.

I do have a few questions-I tried to take notes so that I wouldnt clearly repeat anything that has already been asked and answered but it was a lot of material to digest, so please forgive me in advance.

Early on, subie, you indicated that Jenna had mental illness as well as a mild form of autism. It may have been post #316-I will go back and check.

* Was she being actively treated for it? You indicated that she went to a career counselor of sorts but I wondered if she was being treated with medication.

* Are you familiar with any medical care she might have been receiving? It may interest DeKalb to have her medical records subpoenaed so they can get a clear idea of things she may have disclosed to a physician.

* Along these lines, who carried her health insurance? I realize that she was out of work, at least before she seemed to be living off of the grid. I was just curious as to whether or not it was state care.

One of my biggest areas of confusion is where she had been staying for the entire week. Was she at her parents home the entire time and was the dear cat receiving medication daily?

Thank you in advance for any input.

Yes

I just looked to find the original quote from Subie alluding to the surveillance video of the studio having nothing on it (according to whom?) or possibly being recorded over (yikes!). I wonder if it has been modsnipped.

I am also interested in the need for the second private investigator. Is DeKalb cooperating with sharing material? Was the first PI successful?

From a SAR perspective, it is also useful to know what, if any, medical conditions Jenna was diagnosed with and being treated for. Also considering the ASD, what her specific likes/dislikes/sensitivities are. What is she reactive to?

If this were the case, it's doubtful there would be a record of her debit card being used at said gas stations. I would think anyhow!?

Oh,,right....I was thinking they didn't know if she USED card, only tried to use it, and knew from Google tracking that she was at these places.
Good point, if they have proof Purchases were made with card...I wasn't sure

Hope she is found soon.. Thread 3 already..hate to say, but not looking good :(

From a SAR perspective, it is also useful to know what, if any, medical conditions Jenna was diagnosed with and being treated for. Also considering the ASD, what her specific likes/dislikes/sensitivities are. What is she reactive to?

I am completely with you. Did she have a routine, anything she was compulsive about etc...

I think there are a lot of things that could be repetitively purchased with small amounts of money at several gas stations. I think someone brought up lottery tickets on the first thread. I think that is a great explanation...someone must know if she liked to play.

I wonder where the buffet cover ended up? It maybe distinctive enough to check pawn shops or thrift stores around the area?

This case recently came across my radar screen.

Subie-my thoughts are with you and your family during this terrible time. And with Jenna as well of course. I hope and pray that the discovery of her car brings some significant answers to her disappearance.

I do have a few questions-I tried to take notes so that I wouldnt clearly repeat anything that has already been asked and answered but it was a lot of material to digest, so please forgive me in advance.

Early on, subie, you indicated that Jenna had mental illness as well as a mild form of autism. It may have been post #316-I will go back and check.

* Was she being actively treated for it? You indicated that she went to a career counselor of sorts but I wondered if she was being treated with medication.

* Are you familiar with any medical care she might have been receiving? It may interest DeKalb to have her medical records subpoenaed so they can get a clear idea of things she may have disclosed to a physician.

* Along these lines, who carried her health insurance? I realize that she was out of work, at least before she seemed to be living off of the grid. I was just curious as to whether or not it was state care.

One of my biggest areas of confusion is where she had been staying for the entire week. Was she at her parents home the entire time and was the dear cat receiving medication daily?

Thank you in advance for any input.

I would recommend anybody new in this thread to read my summery of the case/timeline including thread 1 and 2. Posted in this thread in the beginning...every info which is available is in there....

Bit Of Hope,

College park is not even on this map. It's the neighborhood surrounding the airport far to the south. The gas station to the east is near Scottsdale which is partially a refugee community.

I would recommend anybody new in this thread to read my summery of the case/timeline including thread 1 and 2. Posted in this thread in the beginning...every info which is available is in there....

I read every iteration of it I could fine. It was an excellent job and I thank you.

Been trying to sift thru, thank you bit of hope for all of your hard work. I am very interested in how the direction of the case changed/did not change after the discovery of the vehicle. I.e, on 9/4 subie_climber states that 'police never fingerprinted it.' I am inferring by context that poster is referring to Ms. VG's vehicle? Sometimes when a missing persons vehicle is discovered at a later date, other vehicles which may or may not have been involved in a disappearance are more thoroughly investigated. Were they? Another example- k9s were dispatched to the scene of Jenna's vehicle. Were they then dispatched back to the VG's residence and vehicle? Sorry if I have missed this info- I am still catching up. TIA.

NAMUS indicates she was last seen on 8/19, BTW.

Link HERE

Yes, that is interesting...we haven't been able to confirm where this is coming from. Maybe LE knows a little bit more and not telling us...maybe it an estimate....confusing about the time her bf (we call her S.C. girl = person 5 talked to her on the phone...at first the info was around 12 am, later 11.45 pm. Still wondering what was discussed....not in public....

•She had also been in contact withher friend in S.C = person 5 T2 # 324 VI around 11:45 pm
•Another friend = person 5, said shehad a conversation with Van Gelderen. From media on Saturday <after Friday12pm> So at present it seems the SC friend was the last to speak to J at 11.45p.m. /12.00 approx. The LE has spoken to the S.C. friend, as well as the p.iand my parents. She did not know where Jenna was. Per VI - Thread #1, post #839Did she tell what wasdiscussed? Incoming/outgoing, we don'tknow that.

And then later she/somebody texted this bf with Jenna phone, saying "I'm laying down"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer