IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

https://mobile.twitter.com/samjcharles/status/916376805329731584/photo/1
the reporter’s Twitter has the postmortem details
attachment.php

Not if what is being posted on FB groups is any indication.

Thanks for posting the screen shot, very interesting.

So I guess we can rule out organ harvesting and gang rape.

Idk how to post pics on my phone but here is even more info from the same twitter account

https://mobile.twitter.com/samjcharles/status/916400790184402944/photo/1

Cause of death is hypothermia. Ruled an accident. Alcohol and topamax intoxicating are significant contributing factors.

Given the info above, i don’t understand why her mom is still pursuing this with her legal team. Why do they want a list of employees and subcontractors who were at the hotel?

What information will be enough for this tragedy to be accepted as an accident?

Toxicology tests detected alcohol and topiramate, an epilepsy/migraine medication, in the woman’s system. Her blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) was 0.112, which is higher than the 0.08 BAC level that is considered as legally drunk for motorists in Illinois, the coroner’s office said.

Snip

The medical examiner’s office says it ordered comprehensive toxicology tests to determine whether any drugs, including so-called “date rape” substances, were in Jenkins’ system. There were none, the news release said.

Snip

“There is no evidence, per the police investigation, that Ms. Jenkins was forced to consume the alcohol or the drug. There is no evidence of another person in the vicinity of the kitchen with the decedent and there is no evidence of an altercation or interaction with another individual in the time immediately prior to demise. There was no other evidence of external or internal trauma due to physical abuse.”

https://www.google.com/amp/chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/10/06/kenneka-jenkins-autopsy-results/amp/

Idk how to post pics on my phone but here is even more info from the same twitter account

https://mobile.twitter.com/samjcharles/status/916400790184402944/photo/1

Cause of death is hypothermia. Ruled an accident. Alcohol and topamax intoxicating are significant contributing factors.

Given the info above, i don’t understand why her mom is still pursuing this with her legal team. Why do they want a list of employees and subcontractors who were at the hotel?

What information will be enough for this tragedy to be accepted as an accident?

I think we are definitely getting to the point of an accidental death.

From your link (hope it can be seen, it looks very tiny on my screen right now)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 9014D4BA-CDE6-4DE4-B749-7D00244F8DF3.jpg
    9014D4BA-CDE6-4DE4-B749-7D00244F8DF3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 237
Did she have epilepsy or was that just something she took at the party?

Topiramate is used to the treat seizures, epilepsy, migraine headaches and not to be combined with alcohol.. I have seen nothing to indicate if she had ever used this before or if this was the first time. Nor how fast someone might experience adverse reactions. But the balance/poor walking sure fits.

some of the possible side-effects include:
https://www.drugs.com/cdi/topiramate-tablets.html

• Not able to focus.
  • Change in balance.
  • Very bad dizziness or passing out.
  • Not able to eat.
  • Back pain, belly pain, or blood in the urine. May be signs of a kidney stone.
  • Trouble passing urine.
  • A burning, numbness, or tingling feeling that is not normal.
  • A big weight loss.
  • If seizures are worse or not the same after starting this medicine (topiramate tablets).
  • Bone pain.
  • Chest pain or pressure.
  • Memory problems or loss.
  • Muscle pain or weakness.
  • Ringing in ears.
  • Trouble speaking.
  • Shakiness.
  • Trouble walking.
  • Not able to control eye movements.

So there was a lot of debate about whether she was found upstairs or downstairs. I didn’t really get too involved in that convo because I was really confused about what some people were posting about, due to me not watching a lot of the videos most of you all did. So I wasn’t knowledgeable enough to contribute.

Now that it’s confirmed she went thru the main kitchen area, then walked down the steps to the unused kitchen area which is where she was ultimately located in the freezer, does this change anything for anyone? I’m not trying to be snarky, I genuinely did not know much about the kitchen debates going on earlier in the thread.

I also think it’s interesting that there are no other points of entry in the back of the kitchen area she was found in, bc I know some people were wondering if someone had come in the kitchen another way and was able to evade cameras.

OMG. I have just tapered off topamax/topiramate after six months of taking it. It is horrible. To note: it is awful combined with alcohol, absolutely exhausting. The combination is not something that I would describe as a 'buzz'. About 20 to 30 minutes after taking it I would become extremely hot... we are talking no blankets in the middle of winter. For example, if I had been reading in bed and then took topamax, 20 minutes later my blankets and clothes would come off in a cold bedroom. Strangely enough, throughout the day it would become difficult to get warm again if I felt cold. It absolutely messes with your thermostat.
It is very much like Epilum in that it is used as a mood stabiliser and/or to prevent seizures. You have to taper on to it when starting out because of the risk of heat rash!
It is also used as a treatment for bullemia. I had it as a mood stabiliser after bad flashbacks from PTSD. It is a real appetite killer. It stops bullemia because you just feel 'sated'.
It makes you emotionally numb. Perhaps it was her mother's? Not a fun drug. At all.
moo

ETA: I even complained to my psychiatrist about feeling nothing when my friend's dog died, ironically. I was willing to have PTSD flashbacks rather than continue with that drug!

So there was a lot of debate about whether she was found upstairs or downstairs. I didn’t really get too involved in that convo because I was really confused about what some people were posting about, due to me not watching a lot of the videos most of you all did. So I wasn’t knowledgeable enough to contribute.

Now that it’s confirmed she went thru the main kitchen area, then walked down the steps to the unused kitchen area which is where she was ultimately located in the freezer, does this change anything for anyone? I’m not trying to be snarky, I genuinely did not know much about the kitchen debates going on earlier in the thread.

I also think it’s interesting that there are no other points of entry in the back of the kitchen area she was found in, bc I know some people were wondering if someone had come in the kitchen another way and was able to evade cameras.

I'm confused now. The post (thumbnail) below says they ''ascended" the steps to a second kitchen where the freezer and body were found. Ascended means to go up, not down. It sounds like they were in the lower level main kitchen in the back and walked up some type of stairs to the level above which contained a kitchen with the freezer and body in it. That part where they ''ascended" the steps confuses me.

Attachments

• DLe91FmUQAArYDb.jpg
    DLe91FmUQAArYDb.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 64
A further note on Topamax/Topiramate... if K's friends had also taken it with alcohol and no uppers, I would assume that they also would have been too tired and emotionally numb to bother looking very hard for her. They would have wanted to lie down. Whoever drove the car home to her Mum's place must not have had any, because I just can't imagine driving.
moo

I'd also assume coroner and assistant, the assistant would have been wearing the jacket and hat because of the temperature in the freezer. My son takes a coat and hat to work on days that he has to stock or rearrange the freezer.

Personally, I'm kind of surprised that they had her view the body onsite instead of at the coroner's office but maybe it was done that way for her mom's benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM. I was under the impression that mom insisted on seeing her right after she was found. I seem to recall that mom was actually really upset that she had to wait hours before they would let her back there to see her. Watching the video now we can can see that it really took about 2 hours to get her out of the freezer. They probably needed to carefully document everything and log it as evidence.

This medicine may make you sweat less which will cause your body temperature to increase. Use extra care not to become overheated during exercise or hot weather with this medicine. Overheating may result in heat stroke and hot baths or saunas may make you dizzy or feel faint.

https://www.drugs.com/cons/topamax.html

I'm confused now. The post (thumbnail) below says they ''ascended" the steps to a second kitchen where the freezer and body were found. Ascended means to go up, not down. It sounds like they were in the lower level main kitchen in the back and walked up some type of stairs to the level above which contained a kitchen with the freezer and body in it. That part where they ''ascended" the steps confuses me.

Great catch, I did not realize that. I could have sworn I saw video in the beginning before all the footage was released of her walking DOWN steps. I also watched a couple of YT videos today that were basically conspiracy theories IMO, but one of them was accusing a man of dragging a bag down the stairs to the kitchen and that it looked like it had a body in it (it was an absurd video and reassured me I did the right thing by not going down the rabbit hole in this case)

Still curious about everyone’s thoughts. Does anything change in anyone’s minds due to what floor she was found on?

How many stairs are we talking about? An entire story or 2-4 stairs? Throughout the parts of the hotel we can see walk through on google there are 2-4 steps up to different platforms on the same level. So nothing is clear to me about how you reach the kitchen she was found in, IMO. However, if she did walk up or down stairs to the second kitchen, why does that matter now? There were no bruises, no evidence of any violence done to her and her weird jerky movements are easily explained by the high blood alcohol level and the anti-seizure med. Cause of death was hypothermia (sped up by the high BAC), Manner of death was accident. Is mom still going to get a 2nd autopsy?

Looking thru SM for the first time regarding this case. I’m astounded.

People questioning the fact that she was found face down as if that somehow proves she was murdered? News flash - some people sleep on their stomach and sides. I can’t believe anyone would think that’s concrete evidence of LE coverup.

Why do people want so badly for this to be a murder? Why would they prefer for this poor girl to have been murdered as opposed to passing out drunk in a freezer and possibly not suffered?

If these social media warriors truly cared about justice for kenneka, they’d accept the truth that it was an accident and take some comfort in the fact that it’s very possible she laid down, fell asleep, and felt no pain or fear.

How many stairs are we talking about? An entire story or 2-4 stairs? Throughout the parts of the hotel we can see walk through on google there are 2-4 steps up to different platforms on the same level. So nothing is clear to me about how you reach the kitchen she was found in, IMO. However, if she did walk up or down stairs to the second kitchen, why does that matter now? There were no bruises, no evidence of any violence done to her and her weird jerky movements are easily explained by the high blood alcohol level and the anti-seizure med. Cause of death was hypothermia (sped up by the high BAC), Manner of death was accident. Is mom still going to get a 2nd autopsy?

The reason I’m asking about the stairs is bc some posters felt it was very important and meant something. Personally, I don’t but I am curious how others feel now that official documents have been released to the public.

A private autopsy was done which found the same things as LEs autopsy, but no mention of toxicology as far as I know. Which is why i wondered on an earlier post why her mom is protesting still and not accepting what her own private investigation concluded.

https://mobile.twitter.com/samjcharles/status/916376805329731584/photo/1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back