FL FL - Daytona, WhtMale 2128UMFL, 11-21, near pond, denim jacket, May'72

This one caught my eye because of the odd sketch and the shaved pubic region. I had the same thought as you: that he was possibly a male prostitute. It sounds like he died a violent death. There's not much to go on, but if I had to guess, I'd say maybe he was a runaway who was trying to support himself and got picked up by the wrong person.

I have to say, I know more than a few people (male and female) who, as adolescents growing pubic hair for the first time, shaved it off. They didn't understand what it was, that it was normal, so they shaved it off to hide what they thought was a shameful horrible abnormality.

So this UID is not necessarily a sex worker of any kind.

I have to say, I know more than a few people (male and female) who, as adolescents growing pubic hair for the first time, shaved it off. They didn't understand what it was, that it was normal, so they shaved it off to hide what they thought was a shameful horrible abnormality.
So this UID is not necessarily a sex worker of any kind.

You bring up a good point. The boys on our junior high and high school swim teams used to shave their arms and legs to cut down on resistance. It's possible that included shaving the pubic area as well, it's not something I would have asked about (lol). The report didn't mention any other areas being shaved, so this might not apply, but it's worth noting that the shaving of that area might not be always be related to sexual activity.

Oh I just popped to see if anything had been added to this guy... and nothing...sigh

I came across this kid from Canada named Allen Cox ran away.. I have not really found any more info or a photo of this kid but I wanted to add this to the thread just in case http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=4152.0

Madamx, here is a link to a form you can fill out to contact the RCMP in Nova Scotia (form at bottom of page).
I couldn't find this MP in Canada's MP database. You could still send a tip in, however. They may still investigate it.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/ns/contact-us

Madamx, here is a link to a form you can fill out to contact the RCMP in Nova Scotia (form at bottom of page).
I couldn't find this MP in Canada's MP database. You could still send a tip in, however. They may still investigate it.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/ns/contact-us

Thanks for the link Alleykins!!!!
but if you want to contact them that is fine by me.. I just post everything I find on websleuths.. because I never get feedback for anybody I ever contact or email... so I have just decided to only post here...

I came across this guy Harmon Shaw... there is no real information on stats on this guy.. I read the father thinks he died May 1972 in Florida.. And I know our John Doe here has had conflicting ages so I wanted to post this guy on here just in case..View attachment 124161 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...mi-Dade-Area-May-1972&p=13668763#post13668763
Madamx, where did you come across this guy, by chance? Very interesting find. I read the article you posted about the exhumation of the remains. Unfortunately, I don't think their attempts at extracting DNA were successful.

Madamx, where did you come across this guy, by chance? Very interesting find. I read the article you posted about the exhumation of the remains. Unfortunately, I don't think their attempts at extracting DNA were successful.

Ha! Alleykins... where did I come up with this guy? believe it or not ..I am always searching for anything that could match up or clue into this Daytona kid.. There a couple of cases that pull at me and this is one of them.. I still he had something to do with the Sheriffs Camp!!..but that is just me..from time to time I go and search online on anything that might match up to this boy and today I found this Harmon guy. Sadly there is not much information on Harmon on stats... so that's the story..

It appears his father is still alive and in his 90s. I would hope this avenue has already been explored, but you never know. Is there anyone handling this missing peron's case that we could bring it to their attention and see what shakes out?
Excellent find, Madamx!~

madamx, I think you should turn Harmon Shay into NamUs (if you haven't already) in regards to the Maryland John Doe. He would have been 21 at the time these remains were found, just one year over the upper age range. It's possible that they were already compared when the remains were found, we would have no way of knowing to what extent Harmon's family went to back in the day to find him. All I could find was where his father said in his essay that he had been murdered 2 weeks before his birthday, possibly in FL, but his body was never recovered. I wasn't able to ascertain where that conclusion came from. Definitely worth bringing him to someone's attention in regards to both cases.

madamx, I think you should turn Harmon Shay into NamUs (if you haven't already) in regards to the Maryland John Doe. He would have been 21 at the time these remains were found, just one year over the upper age range. It's possible that they were already compared when the remains were found, we would have no way of knowing to what extent Harmon's family went to back in the day to find him. All I could find was where his father said in his essay that he had been murdered 2 weeks before his birthday, possibly in FL, but his body was never recovered. I wasn't able to ascertain where that conclusion came from. Definitely worth bringing him to someone's attention in regards to both cases.

Thank You Alleykins.. if you want to submit it please do!!.. I only submit here on websleuths because the times I have submitted elsewhere nobody ever gets back to me.

Okay, I don't mind doing that. I will work on it tomorrow.

What I do is when I report to NAMUS, I ask them to send me a confirmation email. With law enforcement agencies, I simply call them - it's much easier and they prefer that method of communication.

Thank You Alleykins.. if you want to submit it please do!!.. I only submit here on websleuths because the times I have submitted elsewhere nobody ever gets back to me.

What I do is when I report to NAMUS, I ask them to send me a confirmation email. With law enforcement agencies, I simply call them - it's much easier and they prefer that method of communication.

Not everyone is able to use the phone route though. Many of our members are overseas, making calling more difficult. Some of us have hearing issues. It really sucks that so many LE agencies don't have any alternative.

Not everyone is able to use the phone route though. Many of our members are overseas, making calling more difficult. Some of us have hearing issues. It really sucks that so many LE agencies don't have any alternative.

Don't forget those of us who are a wee bit shy. (me) :laughing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back