TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
A killer's trial begins on Monday for a case I've followed since December 6, 2014; therefore, I must tread lightly. I will not risk being deemed worthy of a T/O by tiptoeing our TOS guidelines.

These comments are only an informed opinion. For 15 months, my POI was not correct. Hence, my present opinion could be incorrect.

If you think they have known SP's identity the entire time what do you think is taking them so long to make an arrest? What are they waiting for?

Simple, bluesneakers. The investigation is complicated and connects deeper.

Wow Dedee-I'm surprised to "hear" you say this. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't your prime suspect a man? What else has changed your mind? And was SP known to MB? Intriguing to say the least!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

* Yes, Razz. My POI was a particular man. If, I have the proper SP in my line of vision, then, I am relieved it wasn't him or his wife.
* I went back to news stories, around the time, the dastardly deed was performed. Also, news videos regarding MB in that first week or so, were reviewed.
* Yes, again, if I am chasing the correct SPs tail, MB knew who her killer beforehand.

If you look at MPD timetables, there was ample time to create the mess and then get into position. IMO, she had to have been taken by surprise (to neither run or ward off her attacker.)

Thank you, WannaBDetective. You possess understanding.

Usually, in crimes of passion, in the heat of an impulsive moment, staging takes place after the murder.

This murder was premeditated. The exterior camera at the Porte Cochere was messed with prior to Monday morning. SP entered the Church with more than enough time to create the faux B&E scene by shattering glass, appearing on cctv to be attempting to breach an interior door, etc.

Also, I reviewed our earlier posts in this case. I reviewed what Jethro4WS wrote about SP appearing on camera, in the last scene of the video, posted yesterday. The object carried in SPs left hand triggered the recording of SP staging the scene. It was a critical mistake. MPD knew from that final scene of breaking glass, while SP is standing in the interior rather than outside of the building, that the CS was staged to appear as a B&E.

SP could not wait until after the murder to conduct the staging because of Campers arriving. SP was in position for the coup de grâce when MB entered the SW doors. SP wasn't down the hall fidgeting or around the corner still breaking glass. Further, recall the arrival time of the first CGs who remained in their vehicles for a few minutes before approaching the Porte Cochere. It is only my opinion that one of them may have seen a vehicle departing.

Ask yourself cui bono.

Cui bono, literally "to whose profit?" Could it also be translated to mean: "for whose benefit?" I declare that both interpretations apply here. I feel SP made a profit.

Honest question : why would SP "stage a breakin " if he/she knew they were on camera ? It defeats the purpose ? jmo

Good question. I'll even take it a step further. Why would SP "stage a break-in" at all? There WAS a break in. No staging necessary.

If SP was trying to stage a burglary on the other hand, they didn't do a convincing job at all, nor did they try, according to what we saw and how LE has described the remaining tape we haven't seen (they said SP did "more of the same"). Staging a burglary would involve looking through things with more than just curiosity, trying to get into the office with stronger intent. What we see is someone just walking around with not much intent -- he's just wandering around seeing what he can get into.

There's a possibility that SP was in the church specifically to murder MB, but I don't think the actions we see on tape are anything more than someone curious and killing time. Not staging anything.

Reiterating that this is only my own current opinion, att. The clues were there for us all along. We simply did not connect the proper dots. This may be my last post on this thread as I have an approaching trial date in another case.

I can safely state that LEO offered the public critical information in MPDs statements when the Church video was released. Review the presser, if need be.

BB told the public a few things, too. He said, "I hope I don't know who did this." Did he really mean he knew who did this? BB also told the public to look at SPs mannerisms. >> That is from his interview given while sitting outside on the patio.

Review MBs MILs two letters written to the SP. She also dropped some significant clues, by writing, for instance, "in your shoes that are too big". I've always felt, and previously mentioned, that SP wore false soles attached to the bottom of SPs boots. The right sole is visible when SP is about to open the Dutch Door. SP was quite clever in feigning surprise when opening the door to discover it was a Dutch Door. Was the crook attempting to fool by pretending to be unfamiliar?

Here is one frame showing the right footwear. Note the right sole is possibly of a larger size than the rest of the boot. It is in the next frame or two that the right sole is seen more clearly, as the false sole appears as a whitish area, under the boots. I could also be wrong, in that, the entire boots were simply too big for the crook. SP would not want to risk leaving behind a true and accurate shoeprint of the exact size boots/shoes normally worn in everyday life.

MB SP Shoes.jpg

Honest question : why would SP "stage a breakin " if he/she knew they were on camera ? It defeats the purpose ? jmo
The staging was to throw LE off for the first hour or two (took a while I suspect to get the right people on site who would have the expertise to know where all the recording equipment was stored, what worked - and what didn't, how it worked, and then an hour or two to actually watch and decipher the video. He only needed 45-90 minutes for his trail to close up behind him and disappear back into the landscape.

And even at that, he caused some reasonable doubt (some still believe it could have been a random breakin).

I suppose that depends on what the cops see on the video. Is the perp appearing to have a planned out attacking position?
Staging usually happens after. Right? I don't know if there is another case similar. Staging in a public facility shortly (within a half hr) b4 a planned murder and planning to escape minutes b4 the next person's arrival must be rare. But I suppose he.she could be that bold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes this person was bold. Remember TX is a Death Penalty state and they don't like having too much vacant space in Huntsville.

Has it ever been published if participants showing up for class, vehicles ever searched prior to them being allowed to leave? I posted this at the very beginning but as of today, haven't heard or read anything about what scrutiny LE used to thoroughly check out the people at the church that morning and if cameras caught anyone leaving prior to the arrival of emergency personnel and law enforcement.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Has it ever been published if participants showing up for class, vehicles ever searched prior to them being allowed to leave? I posted this at the very beginning but as of today, haven't heard or read anything about what scrutiny LE used to thoroughly check out the people at the church that morning and if cameras caught anyone leaving prior to the arrival of emergency personnel and law enforcement.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

As far as I know that info has never been revealed. The only reference to a car early in the investigation was one LE mentioned in a presser. Then later they showed the Altima at SWFA.
30e69c5fa82082d14d6b1d8eb235f475.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I know that info has never been revealed. The only reference to a car early in the investigation was one LE mentioned in a presser. Then later they showed the Altima at SWFA.
30e69c5fa82082d14d6b1d8eb235f475.png

My interpretation of this statement was that LE saw SP drive into the church parking lot (along with MB and the campers) from the gun store cameras. They could see headlights and general shape from that angle/distance but not much else.

Staged break-in, but unplanned murder. SP didn't expect to encounter anybody.

So why would he stage a break-in? Because he wanted to create a need that he could then supply - and from which he could profit.

Perhaps he works in security. He hoped to sell an alarm system, or to be hired in a security role. Maybe both.

Why go to such lengths? Desperate times, desperate measures. A dire financial need. Joblessness.

What went wrong? He was surprised by Missy. And while his outfit was great for concealment from cameras, it didn't conceal his identity when standing next to her. She knew him. In that moment he decided he had to kill her.

Very interesting plot. It actully connect a few dots; It seems like LE is struggling to get evidence. Maybe we go back and flesh out different possible motives. Were there other like incidences in that area (esp before). Tho that doesn't rule anything out or in.

Staged break-in, but unplanned murder. SP didn't expect to encounter anybody.

So why would he stage a break-in? Because he wanted to create a need that he could then supply - and from which he could profit.

Perhaps he works in security. He hoped to sell an alarm system, or to be hired in a security role. Maybe both.

Why go to such lengths? Desperate times, desperate measures. A dire financial need. Joblessness.

What went wrong? He was surprised by Missy. And while his outfit was great for concealment from cameras, it didn't conceal his identity when standing next to her. She knew him. In that moment he decided he had to kill her.

Interesting. More and more I'm leaning toward Missy not being targeted but in the wrong place at the wrong time. Whether Missy knew her killer or not, if they fled the scene there was a risk of Missy getting a license plate number or at least a vehicle description so it is just as likely she was hit with a hammer to prevent that sort of thing. If that is the case did SP intend to kill her? Or did they merely intend to render her unconscious and an adrenaline fueled attack got out of hand? We don't have the benefit of the autopsy report.

I still over a year later think she was targeted and that they’ve got a suspect in mind that they’re watching. I could be completely wrong, but there’s too many things that I won’t rehash. JMO...justice rides a slow horse, but she always arrives! Hopefully an arrest will come sooner rather than later.

I agree with your view that the murder was planned in advance, janesmith787.

My vote: wrong time, wrong place. I hope someday soon we get an answer.

I still over a year later think she was targeted and that they’ve got a suspect in mind that they’re watching. I could be completely wrong, but there’s too many things that I won’t rehash. JMO...justice rides a slow horse, but she always arrives! Hopefully an arrest will come sooner rather than later.

LE has confirmed that they have one or more POIs, just they haven't named who the POIs are

LE has confirmed that they have one or more POIs, just they haven't named who the POIs are

When was this? I don’t remember it, but it’s been a long time since I’ve read up on stories.

ETA: Not doubting you’re correct, that’s what I’ve thought all along...just didn’t remember LE saying it.

Interesting. More and more I'm leaning toward Missy not being targeted but in the wrong place at the wrong time. Whether Missy knew her killer or not, if they fled the scene there was a risk of Missy getting a license plate number or at least a vehicle description so it is just as likely she was hit with a hammer to prevent that sort of thing. If that is the case did SP intend to kill her? Or did they merely intend to render her unconscious and an adrenaline fueled attack got out of hand? We don't have the benefit of the autopsy report.

One of the pieces that doesn't fit here is that they attacked her chest. That's personal. Just taking her out they would go for the head

Interestingly, one group did a poll yesterday: who thought LE pretty well knows who did it. 31 out of 31 said "yes" in one form or other. Surprised me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998