Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #3

if this is Lisa, so very sad, but better than not having any answers. You Australians are a wonderful lot and I have appreciated reading your posts. I like the insight from a different perspective. Very smart posters in here, with a lot of empathy and compassion. Perhaps Lisa's loved ones will one day stumble upon this thread and find some nugget of solace, knowing so many folks care and worked so hard to find her.

So very sorry to Lisa's community, her children, (and yes, especially her dog), and all those who know and love her. (staying in present tense... feels better)

Amen Az.

Looks like friends in the area have been active in the community - though it's unclear whether they were staying down there before the disappearance. I wonder if one of these friends was the one who spent the Grand Final time with EC. I recall reading very early on that a friend was staying on at the holiday house in case EC returned to the house, which made DC & the kids returning to Surrey Hills seem more logical.

I also wonder how many people were friends with the family in the area, or at least regular holidayers - we're only really aware of a few, but it's likely they had friends visit the area as well as connecting with locals. I guess it opens up the possible scenarios for her interacting with other people (apart from strangers) since that last contact we're aware of. JMO

I interpreted it as two people who are friends with each other -- not necessarily with the Curry's -- who were being interviewed about the reaction in the community.

I guess it opens up the possible scenarios for her interacting with other people (apart from strangers) since that last contact we're aware of. JMO

It's a super friendly community. We fish down there and local's are always out walking. It's rare for someone to walk past and not say 'hello' or ask about our catch.

Entirely possible. It depends if a person’s torso was injured in a fall (if it was, the longer their remains may stay on the sea floor), if their remains were caught under rocks, how long their remains stay on the sea floor and the types of scavengers there are in that particular part of the ocean, the person’s weight (the more adipose [fat] tissue a person has, the quicker their remains float to the surface); the salinity, temperature and acidity of the water which impacts on decomposition time; current, swell and wave action; what they were wearing (not to be too gruesome but hands and feet are the first to detach from a body and if the person was wearing runners their feet float).

Thanks for that insight :) I guess there are lots of factors involved. Such an awful thought if it was her out there for all those days.

I interpreted it as two people who are friends with each other -- not necessarily with the Curry's -- who were being interviewed about the reaction in the community.

Ahhh yes, I see that too, thank you.

I just read the part about police asking the public to leave any other suspected remains alone and call police. I know what some of you have said about it sounds like only parts were found, but another thought which is how I first read it is that possibly the person that found the body moved it or disturbed the scene somehow. I think that would relate more to it being a crime scene though than her being washed up and IMO I think it's a suicide and her remains have washed ashore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like friends in the area have been active in the community - though it's unclear whether they were staying down there before the disappearance. I wonder if one of these friends was the one who spent the Grand Final time with EC. I recall reading very early on that a friend was staying on at the holiday house in case EC returned to the house, which made DC & the kids returning to Surrey Hills seem more logical.

I also wonder how many people were friends with the family in the area, or at least regular holidayers - we're only really aware of a few, but it's likely they had friends visit the area as well as connecting with locals. I guess it opens up the possible scenarios for her interacting with other people (apart from strangers) since that last contact we're aware of. JMO

Hi Kitoki :)
I interpreted the article a bit differently. Although I did find the wording confusing. I think they meant that 'Clare' and 'Renee' are long time friends with each other. Not with Elisa. Their quotes make then sound like they don't know Elisa at all personally to me. Or maybe I am wrong!

" Longtime friends Clare from Collingwood and Renee from Tasmania had been staying near the Curry holiday home and said the story had captivated everyone.
“It’s been such a big topic here, it’s shaken the small town,” Clare said.
“Everyone walking around the town has been fearing the worst.
“It’s such a beautiful part of the world here; I just hope there can be some closure that comes for the poor family.” "
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...fb89508434b717

ETA: apologies Kitoki I see someone else already suggested the same thing as me. Didn't mean to barrage you with corrections!!! 😳

Feeling very sad today, thinking about those 3 beautiful children who no longer have a Mum to guide them through the ups and downs, through the good and bad times and what the future may hold for them on this long and winding road that lies ahead for each one of them.

I've also been thinking of Allison Baden-Clay's 3 daughters today as well.
Allison's parents were on TV the other night speaking about how vandals damaged the lovely memorial they had done for Allison. Her Mum and Dad said that the girls are going very well, going to ballet classes and learning to play the piano. Allison's Dad was so lovely and said that the girls are keeping them young.

Sadly, I feel that the remains found belong to Elisa, according to all the msm reports so far...:crying::tears:

Hi Kitoki :)
I interpreted the article a bit differently. Although I did find the wording confusing. I think they meant that 'Clare' and 'Renee' are long time friends with each other. Not with Elisa. Their quotes make then sound like they don't know Elisa at all personally to me. Or maybe I am wrong!

" Longtime friends Clare from Collingwood and Renee from Tasmania had been staying near the Curry holiday home and said the story had captivated everyone.
“It’s been such a big topic here, it’s shaken the small town,” Clare said.
“Everyone walking around the town has been fearing the worst.
“It’s such a beautiful part of the world here; I just hope there can be some closure that comes for the poor family.” "
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...fb89508434b717

ETA: apologies Kitoki I see someone else already suggested the same thing as me. Didn't mean to barrage you with corrections!!! [emoji15]

Thank you SJK! And no worries, I think I was pre-coffee. Always happy for someone to help put me back on track!

I am catching up with this thread. Have had all my information from msm. The dog bit confuses me. Family dogs are very loyal to the entire family, especially if something is wrong. They might have their boss, but dogs know the entire family is it's pack. Can anyone enlighten me any more about this?

Interesting Headline ...

There's been a sad end to the search for mother-of-three Elisa Curry, who went missing at Aireys Inlet on Grand Final weekend.

Story: https://yhoo.it/2yY6Lbq

#7News

Not sure where else to ask this, but how do I delete my account? I can't find a link under accounts or settings?? Thanks

I am catching up with this thread. Have had all my information from msm. The dog bit confuses me. Family dogs are very loyal to the entire family, especially if something is wrong. They might have their boss, but dogs know the entire family is it's pack. Can anyone enlighten me any more about this?

I thought so too but my opinion was based on my own experience of my late Border Collie mix, who was very intelligent, had an excellent sense of smell and could find me just about anywhere.

I remember Insp. Seel saying something along the lines of Elisa’s dog being missing may have been somewhat of a distraction to SAR operations. I can’t find a link so it may be in one of the pressers he gave.

I suppose dogs, like humans, are incredibly diverse individuals and the fact that Elisa’s dog may have been ‘lost’ could account for his/her distress. I saved a search on Google to look over when I have the time. It may help to answer your question.

https://www.google.com.au/search?dc...dsOrWAhXIVLwKHTE4BJUQvwUIISgA&biw=320&bih=454

Thanks for that Bohemian but surely there must be a deactivate account somewhere on the site, rather than having to email?

There is that option on SM sites but not on WS AFAIK.

I dont think any injuries to the dog have been reported besides it being in a state of distress. If elisa had met foul play and the dog was with her i would think a loved family dog would not be brushed off easily and would probably sustain injuries itself if there was a physical altercation going on.

Also wondering could elisa herself been looking for the dog. Maybe after a few drinks and/or medication its caused her to havevsn accident?

Sorry if these points have already been brought up

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

O/T But a good outcome for a change :happydance::great:

NSW Police Force

A woman and child have been located in bushland in the Hunter Valley after they had not been seen for almost two weeks.
The pair, a 40-year-old woman and her nine-year-old son, was found on Mount Royal Road within the Mount Royal National Park about 12.30pm today (Thursday 12 October 2017).
It’s believed the pair had been missing for 10 days after going on a bushwalk in the area on Monday 2 October 2017.
Police, SES, NSW Ambulance paramedics and National Parks and Wildlife had been conducting a large-scale search for the pair since their vehicle was found parked in the park on Monday 9 October 2017.
The woman and child were taken to Singleton Hospital with dehydration and insect bites.

https://www.facebook.com/nswpolicef..._LubKKEtR1OdZS9-F7rm7XQ4Ort2flZw-U5LQ&fref=nf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back