MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did "Eric" come from to get to Heron Rd?

There was no "Eric" or "Derrick" contacted by QT. Remember, QT's cell phone records were obtained and gone through with a fine tooth comb. The only people contacting QT were the women he was juggling. His phone was off at the time. He claims he called his girlfriend in Louisiana when he was walking to his sister's to borrow her SUV. There was no call to anyone named "Eric" or "Derrick."

So let's work backwards logically:

- QT contacted no one about this crime and he lived on his phone.

- There was no call on QT's or JC's phones to anyone with the name of "Eric" or "Derrick," and no calls to anyone at all in the hour+ before JC was driven to Heron Rd.

- QT himself didn't know at 7pm he was going to murder JC and burn her up. How do we know this? Because he was improvising as he went. He had to borrow his sister's SUV, go get the gas from the shed, drive back to Heron Rd, and light JC's car on fire.

- QT hatched that plan spur of the moment, when he drove back from Heron Rd to get the gas from the shed around 7:50pm.

- Do you think some random dude named "Eric" just so happened to show up at JC's car, someone she knew or he announced his name and then light the car on fire?

- How did this "Eric" or "Derrick" learn about JC's car being at that spot where she was burned? (there was no call to/from QT to anyone during this period of time).

She had known him two weeks. He's in a town of 500 juggling multiple women. Could he have told JC his name was Eric? Just a thought

O/T ..... arkansasmii, Did you edit your post about the cotton stalk? it is showing up in full now, but I swear I am not quite losing my mind. :scared:

O/T ..... arkansasmii, Did you edit your post about the cotton stalk? it is showing up in full now, but I swear I am not quite losing my mind. :scared:

Hey Spellz! :wave:

No - its ALL there.

So about 2 hours of deliberating so far? They started at about 5pm (my time) and went to lunch about 7:19pm (my time)

Interesting conversion about the Judge giving the reporters a stalk of cotton to a white reporter ... uh oh

EXCLUSIVE: In Racially Charged Case, Our Producer Booted After Catching Judge Gift Cotton Stalk to White Reporter
by Ronn Blitzer | 12:12 pm, October 16th, 2017
A bizarre incident took place during the murder trial of Quinton Tellis, charged with burning and killing teenager Jessica Chambers in 2014. It involves a white judge, a potentially racially charged gift to a reporter, and now our producer being expelled from the county after inquiring about the unusual gift.

The trial is taking place in the deep south, Batesville, Mississippi to be exact, and involves allegations that Tellis, a black man, killed a young, white woman. Race has remained an undertone in the case even though not explicitly part of the trial. LawNewz has been covering the trial gavel to gavel on our live trial network and the case is now in deliberations and legal experts are divided on the strength of the prosecution’s case. Judge Gerald Chatham, a former prosecutor, appears to have befriended a white female reporter who was covering the case. That happens in long trials. What happened in this one, however, is far from ordinary.

At some point on Sunday, as the trial moved towards its conclusion with closing arguments (the jury is sequestered so proceedings continued through the weekend), Judge Chatham gave the reporter a curious gift: a stalk of cotton (pictured below). It’s unclear what the judge meant by giving a white member of the media a gift like this, but the racial connotation of cotton—intentional or not—is hard to ignore.

Things quickly got even stranger on Monday when Jones was actually expelled from the courthouse—and the county—after posting the cotton stalk picture in our website’s chatroom. While she was in her car this morning, Major Barry Thompson from Panola Country Sheriff’s Department approached Jones and knocked on her window. When she opened the door, Jones reported he said, “Ms. Jones step out of the car … we were told you made a racial slur on social media last night is that true?”

“No,” Jones replied.

The official then asked if Jones took a picture, and apparently wasn’t interested in what Jones had to say after that point.

“Before I could answer, he said ‘You have five minutes to get your stuff together and leave Panola County and never come back here again’,” Jones reported that the major said. So to be clear, it appears our producer has been instructed to stay out of the courthouse and county because she posted something potentially embarrassing to the judge. Now the judge may have a perfectly innocent explanation for the cotton stalk gift but it seems even the Sheriff’s official recognized the potential racial implication, and his improper action certainly leads to more questions

We have reached out to both the Panola County Sheriff’s Department and the Judge’s chambers for comment or an explanation and we will update if we hear back. For now, Jones is at her home and no longer in Panola County. https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/liv...ng-judge-gift-cotton-stalk-to-white-reporter/

I just heard that on LawNewz and came to see what is going on! I mean, I have picked a stalk of cotton because it fascinated me, and I had never seen it before. So it's probably an innocent reason for this. Maybe the judge owns a cotton farm? But to kick a reporter out of the county! WHAT?!

She had known him two weeks. He's in a town of 500 juggling multiple women. Could he have told JC his name was Eric? Just a thought

I was wondering the same thing, but Kesha Myers testified that JC knew QT as Quenton.

White folks in the Delta (or near it, as here) just think cotton in full bloom is pretty and regional. I’m sure it was innocent, although I understand that for a national stage it was pretty tone deaf. I wish LE had handled that conversation better, though. That’s the worse problem that makes it a bigger news gossip story. Source: Born and raised here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;919961426101276677]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/919961426101276677[/video]

There is an old song "Dixie".

Dixie
by Daniel Decatur Emmett of Mount Vernon, Ohio
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten, (Alt Original: Cinnamon seed and sandy bottom,)
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.

In Dixie Land, where I was born in,
early on one frosty mornin',
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.

I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand
to live and die in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie

Read more: https://www.scoutsongs.com/lyrics/dixie.html#ixzz4vgrAXDMd
Follow us: @yugiohcardguide on Twitter | YuGiOhCardGuide on Facebook

Would you mind choking again and then trying to say Tellis? Just to be thorough. :thinking: :dance:

I sure will, the next time it happens to me! lol ;)

Only your first sentence showed showed up for me, so I went looking for something about this. I found it, but when clicking reply with quote, I can now see more of what you apparently had there, but was unseen.

so if it doesn’t show up.... here’s the link again:
https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/liv...ng-judge-gift-cotton-stalk-to-white-reporter/

Thank you.
Kinda crazy. How can they expel someone from a county like that?
If the Judge- which evidently he did - it was totally wrong to begin with. It falls on the Judge for the whole situation, no matter the reasoning for it. JMHO cotton plant from judge.JPG

While she was in her car this morning, Major Barry Thompson from Panola Country Sheriff’s Department approached Jones and knocked on her window. When she opened the door, Jones reported he said, “Ms. Jones step out of the car … we were told you made a racial slur on social media last night is that true?”

“No,” Jones replied.

melissalanejones.jpg

In MS we are surrounded by cotton fields, no different than the Midwest being surrounded by corn fields. Maybe the judge has a field being harvested, no different than being in Iowa and someone offering you fresh corn. People take so many things the wrong way. JMO

Interesting conversion about the Judge giving the reporters a stalk of cotton to a white reporter ... uh oh

EXCLUSIVE: In Racially Charged Case, Our Producer Booted After Catching Judge Gift Cotton Stalk to White Reporter
by Ronn Blitzer | 12:12 pm, October 16th, 2017
A bizarre incident took place during the murder trial of Quinton Tellis, charged with burning and killing teenager Jessica Chambers in 2014. It involves a white judge, a potentially racially charged gift to a reporter, and now our producer being expelled from the county after inquiring about the unusual gift.

The trial is taking place in the deep south, Batesville, Mississippi to be exact, and involves allegations that Tellis, a black man, killed a young, white woman. Race has remained an undertone in the case even though not explicitly part of the trial. LawNewz has been covering the trial gavel to gavel on our live trial network and the case is now in deliberations and legal experts are divided on the strength of the prosecution’s case. Judge Gerald Chatham, a former prosecutor, appears to have befriended a white female reporter who was covering the case. That happens in long trials. What happened in this one, however, is far from ordinary.

At some point on Sunday, as the trial moved towards its conclusion with closing arguments (the jury is sequestered so proceedings continued through the weekend), Judge Chatham gave the reporter a curious gift: a stalk of cotton (pictured below). It’s unclear what the judge meant by giving a white member of the media a gift like this, but the racial connotation of cotton—intentional or not—is hard to ignore.

Things quickly got even stranger on Monday when Jones was actually expelled from the courthouse—and the county—after posting the cotton stalk picture in our website’s chatroom. While she was in her car this morning, Major Barry Thompson from Panola Country Sheriff’s Department approached Jones and knocked on her window. When she opened the door, Jones reported he said, “Ms. Jones step out of the car … we were told you made a racial slur on social media last night is that true?”

“No,” Jones replied.

The official then asked if Jones took a picture, and apparently wasn’t interested in what Jones had to say after that point.

“Before I could answer, he said ‘You have five minutes to get your stuff together and leave Panola County and never come back here again’,” Jones reported that the major said. So to be clear, it appears our producer has been instructed to stay out of the courthouse and county because she posted something potentially embarrassing to the judge. Now the judge may have a perfectly innocent explanation for the cotton stalk gift but it seems even the Sheriff’s official recognized the potential racial implication, and his improper action certainly leads to more questions

We have reached out to both the Panola County Sheriff’s Department and the Judge’s chambers for comment or an explanation and we will update if we hear back. For now, Jones is at her home and no longer in Panola County. https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/liv...ng-judge-gift-cotton-stalk-to-white-reporter/

What the...?

Besides the judge giving the reporter a cotton stalk, which is bizarre in and of itself, it's legal to tell a free citizen they have to leave the county and never return?

Sounds like the judge was flirting with the reporter, bringing her a stalk of a plant that is known and local to the area.

In MS we are surrounded by cotton fields, no different than the Midwest being surrounded by corn fields. Maybe the judge has a field being harvested, no different than being in Iowa and someone offering you fresh corn. People take so many things the wrong way. JMO

RBBM, I agree and it is of my opinion also. But considering the atmosphere in our nation on how people make so many things out to be racial, I do not see how they would not think something would not be made of it.

I was wondering the same thing, but Kesha Myers testified that JC knew QT as Quenton.

Yes she did. I have to believe that anyone giving testimony is carefully guarding themselves so as not to end up like JC. My feeling is that this town let JC down. Many knew that JC and Q were together that day and night, but it seems no one was forthcoming with that info. Drug dealing and gang ties tend to keep people from telling the truth for fear of revenge. I would be very curious to know his street name, which I'm sure he has.

[video=twitter;919967997233717248]https://twitter.com/MelissaLaneJone/status/919967997233717248[/video]

Even if he had given her a rose, it's still weird in my opinion. Unprofessional. Throwing the producer out of the county just makes it worse.

LOL on the street names. Still trying to wrap my head around Poo Poo. Not sure I even want to know how she got that name. Lordy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627