Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the 🐘 in the room...
I want to know if there are signs of recent sexual abuse.

Reporter Maria Guerrereo said in the video (link below) following the presser that the culvert is near the home and near the water tower. (She's weeping, bless her.) Also, police have been searching fields "very close to the family's home" 1-2 miles away.

"No arrests have been made." She also thanks the PD for being so helpful and responsive in her covering this.

Today's 2:30 p.m. presser by the Richardson PD spokesman (I didn't catch his name). Hope this is helpful. I learned a few more details during the transcription. Please pardon any spelling errors/typos. I welcome any and all corrections!

Here we go:

It’s with a heavy heart that we’ve all been called here today. Since the time Sharin Matthews was reported missing on Saturday morning October 7th, the Richardson Police Department and several other law enforcement entities have been working 24/7 to locate her.

Today at approximately 11 a.m., during one of those search operations, the body of a small child was discovered in the area of east Spring Valley Road and south Bowser (Mowser?) (? I think that’s what he said.) Road.

The area has been blocked off as a crime scene. We are awaiting the FBI’s evidence recovery team to respond and process the area. At this time, I want to let you know that a positive identification has not yet been made. The ME’s office will need to respond and take custody of the body to try to make a positive identification of the body and try to determine the exact cause of death.

Because of this, the area being marked off as a crime scene, there’s going to be some disruption to the neighborhood. We ask those who are just concerned or bystanders to try to stay out of that neighborhood and allow those neighbors privacy.

There is a staging are that we set up for the media. That staging area will be there at Bowser(Mowser?), I’m sorry — at Spring Valley and Town House, just west of the location.

I’ll take a few questions right now, but it’s only going to be a very limited amount of questions I’m going to take.

Q: (Can’t her it on my little speakers.)
A: No one has been arrested yet. We are still trying to make a positive identification on the body.

Q: (Same. Crosstalk. Something about notification process.)
A: Notification has gone to the parents, so that notification has been made.

Q: Since notification has gone to the parents, is there any reason to believe it is not that girl? Are there any other reports of missing children or anything?
A: Well the indications are that it is most likely her. However, we do not have a positive ID. So until we have a positive identification, we are not going to say that is is Sherin.

Q: Are her parents cooperating? Have you spoken to them again?
A: We have not done anything other than make notification to the parents.

Q: (crosstalk) Have the police searched this area before?
A: There are many areas that we searched. Like I said, today is just another day of continuous searching that we’ve been doing since October the 7th.

Q: (unintelligible)
A: It was in a culvert beneath the road that we found the body.

Q: What led you to search that area?
A: Just as the investigation continues to unfold, more and more stuff came to the surface. We followed up on that and it led to the search of that area with K9s and that that’s how we came across the body.

Q: How long had you been searching that property where the body was found?
A: We’ve been searching since early this morning and they found it around 11 o’clock.

Q: How far away was if from that home —
A: I don’t know for sure how far that was —
Q: I mean, was it within walking distance for a 3-year-old?
A: It depends upon the condition of the child.

Q: Without going into any more details, (something about searching around the college) Was there anything found in connection there? Anything that you can tell —
A: As I say, as this investigation continued to evolve, there were more and more areas of interest that we had, and we continued to search those areas, eliminating them as we went along.

That’s all I’ve got for now, OK. Thank you all very much.

attachment.php
attachment.php
It
is the one behind the tree/large bush on the opposite side of the tracks from the home

So she was put beside a tree. :'(

roses, I think it was you that said to me yesterday that the t-storms may bring evidence to the surface. Looks like it did just that.
I would like to see where the culvert begins. Going on a google road tour

Is the four year old a bio child?

This is so heartbreaking. I guess until her body is found, there is at least a glimmer of hope that she could still be alive.. but not anymore. I'm glad that she has finally been found and that LE can now get down to business bringing whoever is responsible to justice, I suspect they have a lot more info than we know and this is a crucial development in being able to proceed with possible arrest(s) now.

On another note, doesn't the mother have her hearing tomorrow in trying to get back their biological child? Gosh, I can only imagine how that's gonna turn out with all these developments the day before!

I hope he does. I hope he has to stare at her. Decomp and all. Lock him in the room with her!
I think both parents should go together to ID the body. Maybe if one is covering for the other, they will break and tell the truth about her death. JMO

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Bumping request.

Looking for a timeline/map for this case — trying to catch up. I noticed that several partial maps are made already. I tried to build one to start combining everything, but I'm clueless. I can't do it. Ugh.
:shame:

Anyone here know more about how to build a timeline/map than me?

Here's a link to an as the crow flies map.

http://tjpeiffer.com/crowflies.html

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The only culvert in that area is here:

Yes. It's basic rn, but I have one going: Map

I would like to see where the culvert begins. Going on a google road tour

rsbm
More video from the scene. By Mercedes Peterson.
https://www.facebook.com/themercedeslife/videos/10159365474565316/ Main crime scene is on the South west side of the street. Does that help zero into the correct culvert? Oh dear.

attachment.php
attachment.php
It
is the one behind the tree/large bush on the opposite side of the tracks from the home

Sherin could have walked it and hidden in the drain. Less than 15mins, in the dark and no roads need to be crossed (drain under Centennial). She is an orphan child from Kerala, this is not beyond her inner stamina. IMO.
attachment.php

Can someone inform those of us less knowledgeable about this case what the "car driving at 4AM" is all about? Was the dad out driving?

Yes. Their car was out between 4-5am
We don't know who was driving. We shouldn't assume dad, although it's a pretty safe guess.

I am relieved she's been found and angry as he77 at the person responsible.

I'm really surprised no one mentioned coyotes making their den in culverts. They do travel along railroads.... This appears to be the logical set up by dad. It might have been believable if he simply said she wandered off. But his mention of coyotes and then finding her like this means all bets are off. He put her there, no if ands or buts about it. Oh, and the tree next to the culvert.

I hope an arrest is imminent

So she was put beside a tree. :'(

Someone had mentioned this way back, that his statement of by the tree could be literal. I commented that I thought it was brilliant at the time.

Sherin could have walked it and hidden in the drain. Less than 15mins, in the dark and no roads need to be crossed (drain under Centennial). She is an orphan child from Kerala, this is not beyond her inner stamina. IMO.
Untitled.jpg

I am relieved she's been found and angry as he77 at the person responsible.

I'm really surprised no one mentioned coyotes making their den in culverts. They do travel along railroads.... This appears to be the logical set up by dad. It might have been believable if he simply said she wandered off. But his mention of coyotes and then finding her like this means all bets are off. He put her there, no if ands or buts about it. Oh, and the tree next to the culvert.

I hope an arrest is imminent

With this information, I'm wondering if he was hoping she would be taken or...investigated by coyotes. Ugh, disgusting.

Rest easy sweet girl. Utterly heartbreaking.

We don't know who was driving. We shouldn't assume dad, although it's a pretty safe guess.

Was there a GPS on the car that revealed this information? Sorry for the dumb questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member