Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.23.17 - Day 1, Opening Statements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe DM is representing himself because he didn't want to pay for a Lawyer when he knows he's done. AGAIN!

Just wait until we hear what "else" was found in CN's closet. I'm gonna bet that there is stuff pertaining to LB. And, his letters are going to tell all as well. MOO

Maybe DM is representing himself because he didn't want to pay for a Lawyer when he knows he's done. AGAIN!

My thoughts exactly. Might as well save what fortune he has left, he needs something to shop at the Canteen for the remainder of his [pathetic] life.

And they have the nerve to plead "not guilty" ? With all the blunders and evidence???? Mind boggling actually...

In a sick way I think DM & MS are going to "enjoy" this charade while causing that poor family so much pain.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
"We had no reason to think anything had happened to her," dad says of why they didn't cancel her phone right away. #Babcock

Adrian Humphreys‏ @AD_Humphreys
Clayton Babcock is recounting his family life; with wife, son and Laura. He's steady, clear but emotional on occasion. #Babcock #court #law

Now looking at bank accounts for Laura #Babcock. Several cheques deposited. #Millard #Smich

Laura #Babcock had more than one bank account - her parents weren't aware. Still looking at deposits.

Laura Babcock's father said he met Dellen Millard once, when he came to pick Laura up at their home. They exchanged hellos, nothing more.

Accused #Millard & #Smich are sitting at lawyer tables. #Millard is representing himself. #Babcock dad says shut #Babcock accts eventually

Millard has asked for morning recess before he does cross examination of #Babcock father.

After morning break, Dellen Millard, accused of murdering Laura Babcock, will personally cross examine Laura's father. Unusual circumstance.

Caryn Lieberman‏ @caryn_lieberman
Millard will cross-examine Laura Babcock’s father after morning recess.

Lisa Hepfner Retweeted [READER]
Correct. I would like to sit. No idea when it will ease up.
[READER]
Hey so it's really busy there right? No room 2 sit down for regular spectators? U think it will get less busy in a week or so? Thx

Trevor Dunn‏ @trevorjdunn
Crown has finished its questioning of Clayton Babcock. Court will recess. Then Dellen Millard, self-represented, will question the witness.

Dellen Millard has long stringy brown hair. Wearing grey and white striped shirt with blue jeans.

Re: Millard cross examining LB father...
This is going to be a tough time for Clayton. Not because Millard's skill or knowledge, but a tough time forced to communicate directly with the accused murderer of his daughter.
Prayers for strength for Clayton. I must admit, a "Jack Ruby" moment would not break my heart...

Millard will cross-examine Laura Babcock’s father after morning recess.

Snipped and BBM

This really makes me angry, that Millard can do this. How awful for Mr. Babcock. I know that Millard has the right to represent himself, but I wish he had to allow another lawyer to cross examine Laura's close relatives. Can you imagine how that must feel to have the guy accused of murdering your daughter cross-examining you in court? Ugh.

Re: Millard cross examining LB father...
This is going to be a tough time for Clayton. Not because Millard's skill or knowledge, but a tough time forced to communicate directly with the accused murderer of his daughter.
Prayers for strength for Clayton. I must admit, a "Jack Ruby" moment would not break my heart...

We were thinking along the same lines. I hope Millard doesn't drag it out.

Just saw the news on CP24 that there was a rap song or lyrics about Laura being on "skin and bones" and that she was sitting "on hot stones" and if someone goes into the pool "they will find her cell phone." UGH.

Also Noudga was complicit in all of this. Possibly a catalyst in Laura's murder. She received the text messages about getting Laura out of their lives. Disgusting. Noudga should stay out of Canada forever. She should be in jail. JMO

In a tweet i saw they said that text was to his girlfriend CAMERON not noudga

No that's Jill Cameron, the prosecutor, said..."First I'm going to hurt her, then I'll make her leave. I will remove her from our lives," Millard allegedly texted his girlfriend"

Should have been a colon there IMO but it was a comma.

"First I'm going to hurt her, then I'll make her leave. I will remove her from our lives," Millard allegedly texted his girlfriend, Cameron.

vs.

"First I'm going to hurt her, then I'll make her leave. I will remove her from our lives," Millard allegedly texted his girlfriend: Cameron.

No that's Jill Cameron, the prosecutor, said..."First I'm going to hurt her, then I'll make her leave. I will remove her from our lives," Millard allegedly texted his girlfriend"

Should have been a colon there IMO but it was a comma.

"First I'm going to hurt her, then I'll make her leave. I will remove her from our lives," Millard allegedly texted his girlfriend, Cameron.

vs.

"First I'm going to hurt her, then I'll make her leave. I will remove her from our lives," Millard allegedly texted his girlfriend: Cameron.

Ahhhh ok makes more sense It was the only tweet of that text that had a name to it when I saw it

After morning recess, one of two men charged with the murder of Laura Babcock will cross examine her father.

This trial has garnered a lot of media and public attention. Standing room only in courtroom today.

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO
Happening now at 361 University Toronto court house , Dellen Millard set to cross examine first witness. Huge line up, limited seating.

Left for the break & got straight into line. Now I have a seat. Right behind #Millard. #Babcock trial

Cristina Tenaglia‏Verified account @cristina_CP24
We heard Dellen Millard speak. He is representing himself..."I notice you're shaking a bit, this is not an easy thing to go through."

Dellen Millard will cross-examine the father of the woman he's accused of murdering

Cristina Tenaglia‏Verified account @cristina_CP24 now1 minute ago

"This can't be easy for you, asking questions by me." - Millard to Clayton Babcock, Laura's father.

Ya think? :banghead:

Cristina Tenaglia‏ @cristina_CP24
This is an accused murderer, asking questions of the man whose daughter he is alleged to have killed.

Dellen Millard's first question to Clayton Babcock: "Are you nervous?"

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO
Millard : Are u nervous? Do u find this difficult? This can't be easy being questioned by me.
Babcock: no

Cristina Tenaglia‏
"This can't be easy for you, asking questions by me." - Millard to Clayton Babcock, Laura's father.

#Millard starts w #Babcock's dad. "I noticed you shaking up there. This is difficult for you isn't it? ...more "difficult bc I am accused?"

“This can’t be easy for you being questioned by me” says Millard to Laura Babcock’s father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle