CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of a podcast that focuses on this case?

Also - what is the latest on Tim Davis and Cheryl Anderson? Are they actively involved in this case anymore in regards to helping make sure the investigation doesn't go cold?

Anyone know of a podcast that focuses on this case?

Also - what is the latest on Tim Davis and Cheryl Anderson? Are they actively involved in this case anymore in regards to helping make sure the investigation doesn't go cold?

Just came across Dennis Mahon’s podcast on the case, as well as Kristen Modafferi and Kent Jacobs. Very good info so I highly recommend checking it out. http://kristinsmart.podomatic.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may just be because it's almost that time of the year again or because I'm seeing how much SLO PD doesn't seem to be keeping the Kristen Marti case fresh in the public's minds here, but I've started thinking about Kristin Smart again.

One local theory was:

Kristin Smart is in the Cal Poly Parking garage. I do not believe the construction of that structure overlapped with KS's disappearance. This came from a psychic who swore up and down that girl got dumped in the construction site but I don't believe the dates matched up.

Another theory is this girl was just tired of having to measure up to something and literally ran away and changed her name and probably is just fine somewhere. This seems also ridiculous to me, because unless she was also a sociopath she'd most likely feel guilty enough to contact her family after all this time.

But these are just some of the wilder theories here on the coast.

Wow, I just discovered the NamUs database and looked to see if I could remember the name of the girl who went missing my first year of teaching. I remember how creepy it was to walk around the Cal Poly SLO campus at night. I'm shocked that a body was never found.

Wow, I just discovered the NamUs database and looked to see if I could remember the name of the girl who went missing my first year of teaching. I remember how creepy it was to walk around the Cal Poly SLO campus at night. I'm shocked that a body was never found.
Her body was apparently buried in Paul Flores's parents' back yard at some point but later dug up and moved. You'll have to read the thread from the beginning to find the details.

It boggles my mind that Flores hasn't been charged, but I guess prosecutors don't think they have enough to prove murder. Some tapioca-pudding-brained jurors might think that Kristin died of alcohol poisoning and that Flores panicked and got rid of the body.

Kristin Smart’s Family Keeping Hope Alive 22 Years after Her Disappearance

It's been 22 years since Kristin Smart disappeared.

"It was 22 years ago this Memorial Day that we got our last call from Kristin," her mom, Denise Smart, told FOX40. "So it was three days later that we got an SOS call from the Cal Poly Police Department -- do we know where our daughter is?"

Kristin was a 19-year-old freshman at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, a determined young woman from Stockton with her whole life ahead of her.

"She was a dreamer. She had expectations. She was going to be a millionaire. She was going to be an architect. She was going to be Joan Lunden. She was going to travel the world. She had a very adventurous spirit," Smart said.

But that life was cut short when Kristin went missing from campus.

22 years later, Kristin Smart's family honoring her legacy through new scholarship foundation

May 25 marks 22 years since the disappearance of Cal Poly student Kristin Smart. She was last seen in May 1996 outside her Cal Poly dorm and was just weeks away from finishing her freshman year.

More than two decades later, the Smart family is honoring their loved one and the legacy she left behind.

Kristin was smart, adventurous and ambitious with many goals and aspirations. On this day last year, her family wanted to remember their daughter in a way that would help others, so they started the Kristin Smart Scholarship.

In the last year, $60,000 was raised and two female students in Northern California and one in Arroyo Grande received scholarships of $2,200.

“It's a reason that we can smile and feel good and know that she is being remembered and being remembered in a positive way and helping other young women,” Kristin's mom, Denise Smart, told KSBY News.

Paul Flores was the last person Kristin was seen with on the night she went missing, according to witnesses.

It's so obvious who murdered kristin, I hope Paul Flores has nightmares every day...
not becouse he has conscience ( he doesn't)
but because he afraid that one day one of the knocks on his door will be the police who comes to arrest him.

I hope justice for Kristin and her Family will finally come and Paul Flores will rot in prison

Last edited:
May 25, 2019
DNA evidence spots suspect in 1970s San Luis Obispo County murder cases
April 17 2019
“I really want to implore our governor that they need to put more money into DNA testing,” Parkinson said. “The amount of work these labs have on their plate is extremely significant. The importance of DNA to an early identification of possible suspects is something we would really benefit from.”

Parkinson said top priorities for his office are solving other cold cases, like the highly-publicized 1996 disappearance of Cal Poly student Kristin Smart and the 2009 murder of 71-year-old Jerry Greer in Templeton.

“Both of those are actively being investigated and will continue to be,” Parkinson said. “Our hope is to bring those to a resolution as well.”

I’ve lived in slo county 3 years now and just heard about this case last week. The best info I’ve found is listening to the podcast “your own backyard” and the la times article below. It’s much harder to look hard into these cases before social media/cell phones but I’m really interested in finding a connection between the Flores family and law enforcement to support the theory that they had “pull” in the case and that’s why it wasn’t investigated fully at the time. A Cold Case, a Haunting Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member