GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #3

I had a reply from KY3 and they said they have asked the court to Live Stream and are awaiting a reply from them.

:please:

As recent as Oct 4, 2017 the Judge overruled the defendant's objection to cameras in the Courtroom. I believe part of the hesitation is that part of the trial is going to be very graphic. Gene Hartley of KY3 is the media coordinator that originally filed for permission for the cameras in the Courtroom, but I believe he has since retired.

10/04/2017
Pre-Trial Conference Held
State appears by PA Dan Patterson, APA Todd Myers and APA Elizabeth Kiesewetter Fax. Defendant appears from GCJ with Attorney Patrick Berrigan and Attorney Jeff Stephens IV. Defendant's oral Objections to Cameras in the Courtroom, overruled. Pre-Trial Conference held. Pre-Trial Motions remain set for 10/12/17 at 9:30am. Defendant admonished and remanded back to the custody of GCJ. Notice of Entry to GCJ. TEM/mmd

*****Scheduled For: 10/04/2017; *2:00 PM ;* THOMAS E MOUNTJOY;* Greene
per casenet.mo

JMO's

I found this jggordo for the reply on the cameras in the courtroom, plus all this other stuff. It is amazing what these criminals want kept out of the trial!

This is from the Missouri court system Case net. Anyone can search this by entering Craig Wood name into the search. Look for his name under Greene County.

10/12/2017 Correspondence Filed
Letter addressed to Judge Mountjoy filed by Greene County PA. Sent to court 10 12 17 at 4:53. /act
Filed By: TIMOTHY TODD MYERS
Hearing Held
State appears by PA Dan Patterson, APA Todd Myers and APA Elizabeth Kieswetter Fax. Defendant appears from GCJ with Attorney Patrick Berrigan, Attorney Jeff Stephens IV and Attorney Thomas Jacquinot. Argument heard on State's Seventh Motion to Endorse filed on October 6, 2017, same granted without objection. Argument heard on State's Eighth Motion to Endorse filed on October 11, 2017, same granted without objection. Argument heard on State's Motion in Limine #1 to Exclude Testimony Concerning Legal Mental State filed on October 9, 2017, same granted over objection as to the guilt phase, ruling as to penalty phase reserved. Argument heard on State's Motion in Limine #2 to Exclude Evidence of Plea Negotiations filed on October 9, 2017, same granted over objection as to the guilt phase, ruling reserved as to penalty phase. Argument heard on State's Motion in Limine #3 to Exclude Evidence of Jeffrey Barfield Federal Indictment filed on October 9, 2017, same granted over objection. Argument heard on Defendant's Motion in Limine Re: Contents of Purple Portfolio, filed on September 26, 2017, and State's Response to Defendant's Motion In Limine Re: Contents of Purple Portfolio, filed October 11, 2017. State to provide copies of the materials the subject of this Motion to the court for in-camera review by close of business today. Motion taken under advisement pending. Argument heard on Defendant's Motion in Limine: Guns, Sex and Drugs, filed on September 29, 2017. State to provide photographs of the materials the subject of this Motion to the court by close of business today. Motion taken under advisement pending. Argument heard on Defendant's Motion in Limine Re: Prejudicial Photographs, filed on September 25, 2017, same overruled. Argument heard on Defendant's Motion in Limine to Prevent Testimony Concerning Opinions of Lack of Remorse, filed on October 10, 2017, same granted over objection as to the first phase, reserved as to penalty phase. Argument heard on Defendant's Motion in Limine to Prohibit Improper Comments During Closing Argument, filed on September 25, 2017, same granted without objection. Argument heard on Defendant's Motion for Instruction on Non-Statutory Mitigation Factors Consistent with Mo.Rev.Stat. 565.032, filed on October 10, 2017, same to be taken with the case. Argument heard on Defendant's Motion For Court To Reject Any Strikes For Cause or Peremptory Challenges Against Potential Jurors Solely Because of Their Reluctance To Serve as Foreperson or Sign the Verdict Form, filed September 25, 2017, same to be taken with the case. Argument heard on Defendant's Motion to Permit the Accused to Make a Personal Plea to the Jury, filed on October 10, 2017, same overruled. Argument heard on Defendant's Motion to Constitutionalize Oral Objections filed on October 10, 2017, same granted without objection. Argument heard on Defendant's Motion to Limit Trial to Reasonable Hours Per Day filed on October 10, 2017, same to be taken with the case. Argument heard on Defendant's Motion for Rulings on Strikes for Cause Based on Extreme Questionnaire Responses, filed on October 6, 2017. State granted until close of business today to submit any further suggestions in this regard. Defendant's Oral Motion to order all law enforcement officials who have custody of Defendant, to allow Defendant to change into civilian clothes, to have access to a shaving razor, and to have no visible restraints while in the presence of potential jurors is granted. Order entered and filed. Defendant's Motion to Prohibit Victim Impact Testimony, filed October 12, 2017, to be taken up prior to penalty phase if same is reached. Jury Selection remains set to begin October 23, 2017, at 8:30am. Jury Trial remains set for October 30, 2017 at 8:30am. Defendant remanded back to the custody of GCJ. Notice of Entry to GCJ. TEM/mmd
Scheduled For: 10/12/2017; 9:30 AM ; THOMAS E MOUNTJOY; Greene
Subpoena Served
See case file for service information. /act
Filed By: JOHN DANIEL PATTERSON
Subpoena Served
See case file for service information. /act
Filed By: JOHN DANIEL PATTERSON
Motion Filed
Motion to prohibit Victim Impact testimony; Exhibit A attached. /act
Filed By: PATRICK JOSEPH BERRIGAN
On Behalf Of: CRAIG MICHAEL WOOD

Thanks everyone for the updates.

O/T, this is so creepy, reminded me of Hailey, as CW also worked with kids:

Boulder youth soccer coach under investigation seen watching games with binoculars
http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_31410...nvestigation-seen-watching?source=mostpopular

(Reference:

"Wood has worked for the Springfield School District since 1998 as a substitute teacher, coach and teacher's aide. A current staff list on the Pleasant View Middle School website shows a Craig Wood working there this year."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/02/19/missing-girl-abduction/5603679/)

I am trying to find tweeters for this trial, I found one possible person to follow. I will be gone during the day. If someone could post the tweets I would appreciate it. If not I will post tweets when I get home.
tia

https://twitter.com/HKeeganNL

He works for the Springfield News and Leader newspaper.

So when does this start???? Confused. TIA

8:55 AM Jurors sworn in and given instructions
9:05 Opening statements have begun.
9:06 Prosecutor Dan Patterson says Hailey Owens stayed home from school, not feeling well, but improved throughout the day. She walked to a friend's house later that day, and was walking back home along Lombard Street.
Neighbors hear man in pickup ask Hailey if she knows where Springfield street is, then see him grab Hailey and pull her in truck. Carlos and Michelle Edwards can't reach the truck in time, but call 911 immediately, give license plate.
9:08 Hailey's phone is found a few houses down, thrown out of the truck. Detectives find who truck is registered to with license plate number and determine Craig Wood drives it, then get address. No one is home when they arrive.
9:10 Detectives see the truck arrive at the house on Stanford Street. They get out as Wood gets out of truck. As he walks past truck, Wood tosses duct tape in back of the truck. As they speak with Wood, detectives smell bleach and ask him to go to police station. He goes willingly.

9:12 Detectives do a safety sweep of Wood's house looking for Hailey and don't find her.
9:13 Defense asks for a conference with Judge Mountjoy and opening statements are paused.
9:16 Opening statement resume. Detectives at Wood's house see bag with liquid bleach at top of basement stairs, find stairs are wet and so is the floor in the basement, more bleach in the basement, plastic tubs, a hose.
9:18 Wood denies to detective that he has Hailey. Interview is short.
9:19 Officers near Wood's house did grid search of the area. Officer finds clothing in a dumpster behind a strip mall matching the description of Hailey's clothing.
9:21 About 15 minutes after abduction, Wood is seen checking out at a Walmart store, buying bleach and Liquid Plumber. Officers find Wood's laundry, including shirt he was wearing and bed linens, in washing Machine at Dutch Maid laundromat.
9:23 Surveillance video showed Wood put items in dumpster behind strip mall. Video at Walmart shows a second trip, where Wood buys duct tape.

9:25 Officers go back to Wood's basement about 2AM with search warrant. They open one container, find documents. When they open second container, see outline of a body in trash bags.
9:30 Inside safe, officers find rifle, find shell in house believed to be used to kill Hailey.
9:31 Defense begins opening statement. Defense says repulsive act was caused by a meth and sexual addictions. Admits Craig Wood did in fact kidnap, rape and murder Hailey. Jury will have to decide if murder was premeditated. Says there is substantial evidence of a lack of planning.
9:33 Defense says Wood did not disguise himself in any way, drove his own truck in broad daylight, window on Wood's truck was down. Wood knew people saw him.
9:37 In Wood's house, detectives find purple folder with stories he had written of sexual fantasies with young girls. As disturbing and disgusting as they are, they show he has an unhealthy sexual interest in young girls that doctors call paraphilic disorder. Stories have names of girls at Pleasant View Middle School, where Wood worked as a teacher's aid and coach. Girls were interviewed, and never felt uncomfortable about Wood.

9:40 Detective finds meth. Defense says meth finally unleashed Woods long suppressed sexual urges. Whatever jury decides, Wood will respect their decision. Defense concludes.
9:45 Rick Christmas, operations manager for Springfield-Greene County 911 called to the stand. Testifies he made copy of 911 call.
9:47 Michelle Edwards called to the stand. Testifies about the location of her house on W. Lomard.
9:51 Prosecution asks Michelle to recall afternoon Feb 18, 2014. Michelle was in house getting ready to make a phone call. Carlos was doing yard work. Michelle went in garage to smoke and make phone call. Saw little girl walking along side of road, and she was on phone, stopped in front of their house.
9:57 Michelle saw tan Ford Ranger, hears driver ask, "Do you know where Springfield street is?" Hailey starts to walk away, defendant opens door, reaches out and grabs Hailey. Carlos is running and yelling, telling him to not touch her. Michelle is upset as testifying about the kidnapping. She testifies she saw license plate and calls 911.
9:59 Court hears 911 call played. Michelle, frantic, gave dispatcher description of truck, direction of travel, plate number. She pleads, "please help her!" Michelle tells dispatcher little girl is maybe 10 or 12 years old, didn't know her.

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/LIVE-UPDATES-Craig-Wood-Trial-begins-today-454092003.html

Thank you so much jggordo:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11:30 Court recesses for lunch.
10:00 to 11:00 Springfield police officer who collected Hailey's phone testified. Springfield resident who found Hailey's cell phone found in his yard testified.
Carlos Edwards testified about seeing Wood grab Hailey, as he was out in the yard raking leaves.

It's so sad that mere seconds could have saved Hailey. All those poor souls that tried to help:( they must be so distraught. This monster is really ballsy to do this in broad daylight.

1:15 State shows many photos to officer, who testifies he obtained them from Hailey Owens' cell phone.
1:04 Officer testifies Wood rode in front seat of patrol car, not handcuffed, to police station. He did not notice any signs of drug or alcohol impairment from Wood. Officer says he collected surveillance video from Walmart at Bennett and Glenstone and from Pleasant View Middle School.
12:58 Officer says man seemed nervous, was breathing hard and heavy, told officer his name was Craig Wood. Wood gave permission for officer to search for his ID in the truck.
12:50 Officer describes seeing gold Ford Ranger pull into the driveway of Wood's home. He immediately approached driver as he got out of the Ford Ranger, says driver looked startled. Officer says driver had roll of duct tape in one hand, tosses it into bed of truck, allowed officer to pat him down in a search for weapons. Testifies man nodded his head up and down when asked if he knew why police were there.

1:45 Officer testifies for prosecution that he can determine if someone is under the influence without asking them, by things like smell and mannerisms.
1:35 Defense points out officer never asked Craig Wood about being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, points out beer cans on passenger floor board of Wood's pickup.
1:30 Court sees selfies and other photos Hailey took on February 18th, 2014 on her phone. The last selfie was around 4:30PM. Other photos showed a house, mailboxes, and an individual's hand.

1:55 Investigator says he and two other officers responded to Wood's house, but did not see any activity there at about 8PM. Testified he parked near University and Delaware, then saw gold Ford Ranger and followed it into drive of Wood's house.
1:47 Former Springfield Police investigator takes the stand. He testified he was asked to respond to SPD headquarters and immediately started notifying others to also respond.

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/LIVE-UPDATES-Craig-Wood-Trial-begins-today-454092003.html

The selfies. [emoji31]. So sad.

2:24 Neal testifies he noticed two blue totes stacked on the floor, other smaller totes on a folding chair, a shop vac, box fan. Found no one inside residence, then secured house and yard with crime tape while they applied for a search warrant.
2:12 State admits many photos of Wood's house as evidence. Neal testifies he yelled, asking if anyone inside house needed help, could see and hear dog barking through living room window. He testifies he and other officers went inside house, immediately noticed bleach and drain cleaner among items at top of basement stairs. Neal testifies about entering basement, finding steps and floor were wet and odor of bleach.

I am posting the updates here because sometimes the media link goes down. If I'm not suppose to do it please let me know. Seems to me this whole trial is about the death penalty, as Defense has already admitted he killed her.

JMO

2:24 Neal testifies he noticed two blue totes stacked on the floor, other smaller totes on a folding chair, a shop vac, box fan. Found no one inside residence, then secured house and yard with crime tape while they applied for a search warrant.
2:12 State admits many photos of Wood's house as evidence. Neal testifies he yelled, asking if anyone inside house needed help, could see and hear dog barking through living room window. He testifies he and other officers went inside house, immediately noticed bleach and drain cleaner among items at top of basement stairs. Neal testifies about entering basement, finding steps and floor were wet and odor of bleach.

I am posting the updates here because sometimes the media link goes down. If I'm not suppose to do it please let me know. Seems to me this whole trial is about the death penalty, as Defense has already admitted he killed her.

JMO

You are doing great! and THANK YOU!! I'm at work...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back