UK - Actor Kevin Spacey accused of making sexual advances, 12 charges against 4 boys *acquitted in 2023*

anonypotomous

Reaction score
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/theater/kevin-spacey-gay-anthony-rapp.html

Actor Anthony Rapp has accused Kevin Spacey of making a sexual advance at him when Rapp was 14, Buzzfeed reported Sunday.

In an interview with Buzzfeed, Rapp said Spacey picked him up, put him on his bed and "was trying to get with me sexually" in 1986. Spacey was 26 at the time. In response to the allegations, Spacey tweeted that he was "beyond horrified to hear [Rapp's] story."

Spacey tweeted: "I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago."

Anthony Rapp mention the incident in an interview from 2001, but doesn't name Spacey:

https://www.advocate.com/news/2001/06/01/music-boys…and-everyone-else

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 1.11.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 1.11.19 PM.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 345
Anthony Rapp says Kevin Spacey made sexual advance toward him when he was 14

Anthony Rapp said in a report out Sunday that Kevin Spacey, then 26, made a sexual advance toward him when he was 14 years old.

“Star Trek: Discovery” and “Rent” actor Anthony Rapp said in a report Sunday night that he was 14 years old when actor Kevin Spacey made a sexual advance toward him, the latest in a wave of sexual abuse accusations across Hollyw

Actor Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14

Now, after the accusations leveled against Harvey Weinstein have sparked an unprecedented conversation about sexual abuse and harassment in the entertainment industry, Rapp said he feels compelled to come forward.

"And not to simply air a grievance," he said, "but to try to shine another light on the decades of behavior that have been allowed to continue because many people, including myself, being silent. … I'm feeling really awake to the moment that we're living in, and I'm hopeful that this can make a difference.

WOW! Of course he’ll use the “I was so drunk” defense. This sure does make me see Kevin Spacey differently. What a creep!

Kevin Spacey’s Apology Slammed by Dan Savage, Rose McGowan, Billy Eichner

Kevin Spacey’s apology to actor Anthony Rapp has unleashed a flood of negative reactions on Twitter. Spacey’s decision to combine a coming-out statement with an apology to Rapp, who has accused him of sexual misconduct when Rapp was just 14, was slammed by observers who were shocked that Spacey took the opportunity to talk about his own sexuality in the midst of the accusation of underage sexual assault.

[video=twitter;925040235066679296]https://twitter.com/ZacharyQuinto/status/925040235066679296[/video]

WOW! Of course he’ll use the “I was so drunk” defense. This sure does make me see Kevin Spacey differently. What a creep!

I know. A creep and a coward. I try to be realistic, I don't know these people obviously, but I always thought Spacey was an okay guy. I lost all respect for him with his response to Anthony Rapp.

I'm honestly curious - How is it that EVERYONE automatically believes this Anthony Rapp fellow?

For me, it's the part where Spacey didn't deny it or or lawyer up to counter it, and instead apologized - for what he doesn't remember, but is sorry for and by the way he's also gay.

Nothing he said in response indicates that Anthony Rapp is lying.

For me, it's the part where Spacey didn't deny it or or lawyer up to counter it, and instead apologized - for what he doesn't remember, but is sorry for and by the way he's also gay.

Nothing he said in response indicates that Anthony Rapp is lying.

That's part of the problem, no doubt. I think Kevin is older, and old school, and somehow thought if he apologized (even if he didn't think he did it!), that it was the "gentlemanly" thing to do. I'm sure he regrets that now.

Bryan Singer has molested young boys for years, but he keeps denying it, so I guess it's ok for him. He's a lying . ---->

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bryan-singer-sex-abuse-case-699828

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bryan-singer-sex-abuse-suit-699673

Something stinks to me about the Anthony Rapp story though, sorry.

I hate people feeling the need to automatically disregard accusations. Just another one of the reasons why people don't come forward at the time, and then people use that against them when they do come forward. Such a sick cycle.

There's really no reason for Anthony Rapp to lie. He's an accomplished actor in his own right and has a significant show going on right now, so there's actually a lot to lose by drawing this attention. He's also talked about the issue before without saying Spacey's name, so it wasn't as if this was some 'random' story he brought up. It's an issue he's talked about before.

Also the title needs to be changed because he's not being accused of molesting anyone. Spacey is being accused of making a sexual advance.

Spacey is being accused of making a sexual advance.

Accused? he's already been tried and found guilty by the media and most everyone else.

There's really no reason for Anthony Rapp to lie. He's an accomplished actor in his own right and has a significant show going on right now, so there's actually a lot to lose by drawing this attention.

Oh please. You're kidding, right? There's NOTHING to lose. It's called being brave, and courageous. It's now a badge of honor. He's being lauded and praised to the high heavens.

I hate people feeling the need to automatically disregard accusations.

And I hate people feeling the need to automatically believe it when someone accuses someone of sexual misconduct.

It was an adult party, and it was late. It's possible that Spacey picked up the sleepy kid and put him in bed so he could go to sleep. Spacey may have leaned over him to say, "Get some sleep", and over the last THIRTY years, an innocuous gesture became sinister in Rapp's mind.. but we'll probably never know.

Having said that, it's entirely possible that it DID happen the way Rapp said. However, there's a lot of reasonable doubt on my part. But everyone wants to jump on that bandwagon, so I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Kevin Spacey isn't even denying it. Why people feel the need to deny it for him is beyond me. Superfans maybe?

The fact that he used this as his "coming out" release is all I need to know. He is laying the ground for an excuse. Hate to break it to him but homosexuality and pedophilia are not one in the same.

Accused? he's already been tried and found guilty by the media and most everyone else.

Oh please. You're kidding, right? There's NOTHING to lose. It's called being brave, and courageous. It's now a badge of honor. He's being lauded and praised to the high heavens.

And I hate people feeling the need to automatically believe it when someone accuses someone of sexual misconduct.

It was an adult party, and it was late. It's possible that Spacey picked up the sleepy kid and put him in bed so he could go to sleep. Spacey may have leaned over him to say, "Get some sleep", and over the last THIRTY years, an innocuous gesture became sinister in Rapp's mind.. but we'll probably never know.

Having said that, it's entirely possible that it DID happen the way Rapp said. However, there's a lot of reasonable doubt on my part. But everyone wants to jump on that bandwagon, so I'm sure I'm in the minority.

No one has suggested any sort of thing, and Spacey hasn't denied what Rapp said. He also apologized in his statement and said "If I did behave then as he describes" meaning he believes it is possible. Spacey has said nothing about taking a sleepy kid to put him in bed.

Why do some people insist it didn't happen, or that Rapp isn't telling the truth when they don't know the facts themselves? When even Spacey hasn't said Rapp made the whole thing up?

Kevin Spacey isn't even denying it. Why people feel the need to deny it for him is beyond me. Superfans maybe?

The fact that he used this as his "coming out" release is all I need to know. He is laying the ground for an excuse. Hate to break it to him but homosexuality and pedophilia are not one in the same.

I think he's also using it as a shield, like it's some sort of protection - he thinks can use this because coming out is sacred, who would dare attack him at the same time? He got that wrong.

And "choosing" to live as a gay man isn't exactly coming out anyway.

We're big Anthony Rapp fans as we thought he did an outstanding job as Mark in Rent on Broadway <3

I agree and I also do not think he is lying. Spacey isn't saying he didn't do it, lol.
I believe and stand by Anthony!

Like I said, I'm in the minority here. Maybe in a few days I'll change my mind. I tend not to believe things right away. I have an open mind - just being devil's advocate here right now.

And yes, I get the fact that Spacey didn't flat out deny it. The whole "If I did behave then as he describes" makes him seem like it could have happened. It honestly amazes me that he took that route. Most people would straight up deny it right away (especially if they're guilty, btw - see Harvey, Bryan Singer, Bill Clinton and many others)

I'll agree that using it as a time to come out is deplorable.

PS: I never said that Spacey used the "sleepy kid" excuse. I'm just saying it could have happened that way and got twisted over the years.

I think it is very interesting that House of Cards is canceled with this allegation (I believe it happened but it is still an allegation), while heterosexual assaults have not yielded canceled shows. I guess my question is, if this was a heterosexual assault would the show go? I hope so.

We're big Anthony Rapp fans as we thought he did an outstanding job as Mark in Rent on Broadway <3

I agree that I also do not think he is lying. Spacey isn't saying he didn't do it, lol.
I believe and stand by Anthony!

Loved him in Rent! We're big Anthony Rapp fans too. When I talked to my daughter she reminded me he was also in "Adventures in Babysitting."

rawImage.jpg

(We had an 80s film fest a few summers ago.)

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/27/64/32/6243980/5/rawImage.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie