CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

This is beyond the pale! My head is spinning.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...y-hired-spies-to-get-info-on-accusers-w511234

Harvey Weinstein Allegedly Hired Spies to Get Info on His Accusers

Mogul hired private investigators who used fake identities to extract information from Rose McGowan, Ronan Farrow's 'New Yorker' report claims

“Ronan Farrow revealed new details surrounding the massive Harvey Weinstein scandal in a second New Yorker exposé published Monday, alleging that the now-disgraced producer had an entire network of individuals helping him to suppress allegations of sexual misconduct.”

[emoji202]MOO

Here’s the link to the 3,500 New Yorker piece. Nauseating. (Lots more at link)

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-army-of-spies

Harvey Weinstein’s Army of Spies

The film executive hired private investigators, including ex-Mossad agents, to track actresses and journalists.

By Ronan Farrow

In the fall of 2016, Harvey Weinstein set out to suppress allegations that he had sexually harassed or assaulted numerous women. He began to hire private security agencies to collect information on the women and the journalists trying to expose the allegations.

According to dozens of pages of documents, and seven people directly involved in the effort, the firms that Weinstein hired included Kroll, which is one of the world’s largest corporate-intelligence companies, and Black Cube, an enterprise run largely by former officers of Mossad and other Israeli intelligence agencies.

Black Cube, which has branches in Tel Aviv, London, and Paris, offers its clients the skills of operatives “highly experienced and trained in Israel’s elite military and governmental intelligence units,” according to its literature.

Two private investigators from Black Cube, using false identities, met with the actress Rose McGowan, who eventually publicly accused Weinstein of rape, to extract information from her. One of the investigators pretended to be a women’s-rights advocate and secretly recorded at least four meetings with McGowan. The same operative, using a different false identity and implying that she had an allegation against Weinstein, met twice with a journalist to find out which women were talking to the press. In other cases, journalists directed by Weinstein or the private investigators interviewed women and reported back the details.

The explicit goal of the investigations, laid out in one contract with Black Cube, signed in July, was to stop the publication of the abuse allegations against Weinstein that eventually emerged in the New York Times and The New Yorker.

[emoji202]MOO

NPR interviewed reporter Ronan Farrow (yes, related to Mia) about covering the Harvey Weinstein case.

Story:
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...estigate-and-suppress-accusations-against-him

With interview transcript:
https://www.npr.org/2017/11/07/562486257/ronan-farrow-on-harvey-weinsteins-army-of-spies

“Mary Louise Kelly talks to Ronan Farrow, whose article in The New Yorker says that Harvey Weinstein hired people to track actresses and journalists to prevent abuse allegations from surfacing.”

[emoji202]MOO

It is so clear he would have stopped at almost nothing to keep this quiet. I do wonder if the silence of the women he abused was good thing given how vindictive he appears to be.

It is so clear he would have stopped at almost nothing to keep this quiet. I do wonder if the silence of the women he abused was good thing given how vindictive he appears to be.

He stopped at nothing to silence his accusers/victims. Literally. The victims and even reporters and news organizations were stalked, contacted by fake business professionals using aliases, intimidated ... it’s mind-blowing.

Listening to NPR’s interview with Ronan this morning, and my jaw just hung open for 7 full minutes. Just ... oh. my. god.

All those victims! There have to be more. And I️ bet more come forward once criminal indictments actually start coming down.

[emoji202]MOO

Harvey Weinstein reps 'do not believe' indictment is imminent

“We do not believe an indictment of Mr. Weinstein is imminent,” the spokesperson said in a statement. “A formal presentation will be made on Mr. Weinstein’s behalf in the appropriate course of the investigation, and we strongly believe we will demonstrate that no criminal charges are warranted. Blair Berk and Ben Brafman will be defending Mr. Weinstein in any matters in New York.”

Keith Urban set to perform new Weinstein-inspired song at CMA Awards

Of all the stories that Harvey Weinstein's sexual assault scandal has spawned, the latest is about a country music song.

Country star Keith Urban has released a new song called "Female," which was inspired by the disgraced producer and the way society treats women.

Urban is set to perform "Female," written by Ross Copperman, at the Country Music Assn. Awards on Wednesday, according to the Associated Press.

Harvey Weinstein’s Legal Team & NYPD Meeting Over Sexual Assault Allegations

A well-placed NYPD source confirmed to Deadline that the department has been in communication with Weinstein’s lawyers. Weinstein retained powerhouse L.A.-based criminal attorney Berk on October 11 to represent him in any potential matters such as this.

“We are not commenting on the investigation or any timeline,” Joan Vollero of the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office told Deadline on rumors of an indictment.

Opinion/analysis column from Deadline.

Bart & Fleming: Collecting The Shrapnel From The Harvey Weinstein Fallout

Meanwhile, there is a growing feeling around town that we are in the second act of The Crucible right now, although I am hard-pressed to see anyone exposed so far who didn’t have it coming. Agents and former agents who grew up in the alpha male culture that once dominated agencies and studios aren’t sleeping well, wondering if decades-old frat boy behavior and HR complaints or settlements might kill their careers decades later.

The line in the sand that started with Weinstein, sexual harassment, rape and non-consensual sex has blurred into bad behavior, the kind that was glorified in Entourage. They see journalists as bounty hunters, with lists of suspected bad boys as long as 75 names, each needing only a corroborating witness to be publishable.

A Harvey Weinstein Operative Played Another Role
Woman said to work undercover for the film mogul identified as also having dogged an insurer’s critic

(Wall Street Journal — paywall)

“Diana Filip,” Israeli undercover operative, meet “Diana Ilic.”

A private investigator reported to be working undercover on behalf of film mogul Harvey Weinstein was identified by two people as the same woman that The Wall Street Journal reported over the summer had used a different alias to wring information out of a critic of a large U.S. insurer.

The hole just keeps getting deeper, the more light that's shone into it.

Weinstein scandal raises questions about tactics used by super lawyer Boies

David Boies, who lost the U.S. Supreme Court fight over the 2000 Bush v. Gore presidential election and later helped win legalization of gay marriage in California, hired private detectives at Weinstein’s request earlier this year who sought to identify accusers and undermine news coverage of their claims. A primary target was the New York Times, which published an article in which the Hollywood producer was accused of raping an actress.

Boies also faces claims that his firm’s representation of Weinstein created a glaring conflict of interest because the attorney also was representing the New York Times in various legal matters.

The newspaper late Tuesday fired Boies Schiller Flexner, saying in a statement that the firm’s conduct was “reprehensible.”

Take this list with a grain of salt. Or two. IMO. Most of these men have not been convicted of any crime. ... I say this out of fairness. Not all of the accusations against come of these guys rise to the level of the ones made against Harvey Weinstein.

And none of these men even comes close to having 80 accusers, like Weinstein now does.

Since Weinstein, Here’s a Growing List of Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct

The public condemnation of Weinstein has seemingly emboldened others to come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against celebrities — with studios, networks and major companies responding — in what some have dubbed the “Weinstein ripple effect.”

Here’s a list of high-profile men who have been accused of sexual harassment, assault or both in the wake of the Weinstein scandal:

NY Times rips David Boies for 'betrayal' in secretly helping Harvey Weinstein

As Farrow reports about Black Cube, an investigative outfit run largely by former Israeli intelligence agents: "Boies personally signed the contract directing Black Cube to attempt to uncover information that would stop the publication of a Times story about Weinstein's abuses, while his firm was also representing the Times, including in a libel case."

That brought this stinging statement from the Times:

"We learned today that the law firm of Boies Schiller and Flexner secretly worked to stop our reporting on Harvey Weinstein at the same time as the firm's lawyers were representing us in other matters. We consider this intolerable conduct, a grave betrayal of trust, and a breach of the basic professional standards that all lawyers are required to observe. It is inexcusable and we will be pursuing appropriate remedies."

Take this list with a grain of salt. Or two. IMO. Most of these men have not been convicted of any crime. ... I say this out of fairness. Not all of the accusations against come of these guys rise to the level of the ones made against Harvey Weinstein.

And none of these men even comes close to having 80 accusers, like Weinstein now does.

ONE accuser is enough if it’s a viable crime! It shouldn’t have to be 80 to cause an outrage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE accuser is enough if it’s a viable crime! It shouldn’t have to be 80 to cause an outrage.

Oh, I️ agree any crime is a crime and every allegation is and should be taken seriously — 100 percent. Totally with you on that!

Not everyone on the list has been investigated, charged or convicted. They’re not all facing criminal charges and laundry lists of accusers. That the piece is a “throw everything into a basket and make it a roundup story” type article. That was my point.

I️ did not intend to minimize anyone or the seriousness of the allegations. You’re right, and I️ agree with you — one accuser is more than enough if it’s a viable crime.

Apologies that I️ didn’t state that more clearly.

[emoji202]MOO

Ah, ok, gotcha :) Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight (Thursday) on CNN:

Sexual Harassment in America: Tipping Point
LIVE

Alisyn Camerota moderates a live town hall discussion on sexual harassment; guests include Gretchen Carlson, Anita Hill, and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY).

9:00 - 10:00 PM CNN

AW Anita Hill, I remember her, and what she went through. What a beautiful intelligent lady she was and still is. I know there were some who did not believe her, I believed her. I look forward to hearing her speak.

Since Weinstein, Here’s a Growing List of Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct
by Dan Corey

In early October, reports surfaced that movie mogul Harvey Weinstein allegedly sexually harassed or assaulted multiple women over decades.

The public condemnation of Weinstein has seemingly emboldened others to come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against celebrities — with studios, networks and major companies responding — in what some have dubbed the “Weinstein ripple effect.”

Here’s a list of high-profile men who have been accused of sexual harassment, assault or both in the wake of the Weinstein scandal...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...ng-list-men-accused-sexual-misconduct-n816546

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back