TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #2

19 Killed, 25 Injured in Japan Stabbing Spree
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/19-killed-25-injured-japan-stabbing-spree-n616491

Nineteen people were killed and 25 were injured by a man with a knife early Tuesday at a facility for disabled people in Japan, officials said.

An official from the Sagamihara City municipal government emergency task force told NBC News that nine men and 10 women were among the dead. Twenty suffered serious wounds, the official said, adding that the remaining five were medium to light injuries.

One incident a couple of years ago?

(I also disagree with those findings, but I am not a neuroscientist. I am however a retired teacher who has worked on the front lines with kids for years and I have seen a clear difference with many of them in many regards, as related to the advancement of technology. This is my opinion, don't want to get too o/t. Sometimes it takes time for these effects to really be seen.)

I do not think violent video games are positive for any reason.

Why do you feel males in other countries are not shooting people all of the time? The same and even worse video games than in the US are available

Man who encountered Texas shooter days before church massacre describes him as 'miserable'
https://www.ksat.com/news/sutherlan...re-church-massacre-describes-him-as-miserable

Some things jumped out.

Jackson said that Kelley was stern with him, and he felt like he was inconveniencing him with questions.

His wife, sister and brother-in-law also interacted with Kelley. Afterward, Jackson said himself and the others all commented on how weird and creepy the security guard was.

"He was not normal. He was very weird," he said.

There is something really off about Devin Kelley. They always say that about other mass killers.

He also said that the guard seemed unhappy and appeared to be an outcast.

"He seemed angry. He seemed annoyed by us, and he seemed like he wanted to exert some authority," Elizabeth Nitz, Jackson's sister said.

Devin Kelley has shades of Charles Whitman, Vester Flanagan, Stephen Paddock, Elliot Rodger, Adam Lanza, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Eric Harris, and 9/11 Terrorists. I also see Jodi Arias, Yoselyn Ortega, Lori Drew, and Betty Broderick in Devin Kelley.

Every mass killer and terrorists I read was often unhappy and miserable. This also applies to jealous lovers and bullies.

Websleuth Radio Interview Tina Meier
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/09/30/tricias-true-crime-radio-adult-cyber-bullying

If one was not paying attention starting at the 20:40, one could be thinking Lori Drew is Devin Kelley, Stephen Paddock, Omar Mateen, Adam Lanza, Elliot Rodger, or Osama bin Laden and 9/11 Terrorists. Same thing; constant complainer, miserable, resentful, and envious. Nothing can please them.

Elliot Rodger wanted a gf. DK was married twice. The one wife is very cute. Not sure if I saw the other one.

Adam Lanza lived in his own world.

I don’t know about the other ones.

Lanza did not mind killing children and neither did DK.

I do not think violent video games are positive for any reason.

Why do you feel males in other countries are not shooting people all of the time? The same and even worse video games than in the US are available

It's just the same anecdotal evidence we've heard for years - violent TV, rock music, scary movies, the evening news, etc. People think it makes sense those things lead to violence even though there's no actual proof. And yes, other countries have all the same stuff so why don't they have the same rates of violent crime? I live in Canada where there is access to everything Americans get, yet mass shootings are virtually unheard of and the murder rate is much lower than the USA. Horror movies from Scandinavia are the worst I've ever seen but look at their low crime rates.

It makes you think.

I heard an expert say---and I believe him---that DK wasn't suffering from mental illness, but a personality disorder---he was a psychopath.

I think the difference is that a mental illness is something that develops and could be treated or cured, but a personality disorder is a condition that one is born with, and while a person might learn to adapt, they can never be "cured." In this sense, it is like Austism Spectrum Disorder.

That’s what I said earlier and all the signs are there that this is what he was, even without a formal assessment. Look up anti social personality disorder in the DSM V and it will list much of what is known about him. Stating this is likely the case or “labeling” won’t shut down discussion. IMO he was what he was and stating he likely was a psychopath changes nothing but at least gives a starting point into trying understand the how’s and why’s this happened. In order to do that you have to understand their unique reasoning. That’s my take anyway

Personality disorders can be treated with medication and different types of therapy, and they are not usually something a person is born with but something a person develops, sometimes as a coping mechanism.

Are Personality Disorders Treatable?

Meds won’t help a personality disorder, only different types of therapy. They can treat any Axis I or chemical disorders they have that go with it though, such as depression, bi polar disorder, etc. There aren’t meds that will change your personality or your way of thinking though

I bet my bottom dollar for various reasons that this, um guy (trying to think of a different word other than monster or nutjob) played very violent shooting video games. And if so, is this the be all end all motive and reason he unleashed as he did? Of course not. Just as not all people who play violent video games behave violently. But desensitization is real, imo. Visually, consciously, physically pressing a button to act out these things is different from listening to rock music, imo. I saw one game a little autistic kid was playing where you pick the weapon/type of gun and just go around shooting people and blood splatters everywhere. This is not healthy for people who may have underlying mental conditions or propensities especially towards violence.

Meds won’t help a personality disorder, only different types of therapy. They can treat any Axis I or chemical disorders they have that go with it though, such as depression, bi polar disorder, etc. There aren’t meds that will change your personality or your way of thinking though

I agree - personalitiy DO are not medically treatable

Medication can be used to treat personality disorders, and are often effective when used in conjunction with therapy.

I agree - personalitiy DO are not medically treatable

Not just with medications - always therapy in conjunction, but specific symptoms of certain disorders can be treated with medications.

Four allegations of sexual abuse, harassment made against Sutherland Springs gunman
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...-of-sexual-abuse-harassment-made-12338750.php

'He harassed me any time I was in school'

Another woman, choosing to go by her middle name Alexandra, told mySA.com, Kelley shoved and groped her in the halls at New Braunfels High School during her 2008-2009 freshman year. He would make lewd comments toward her, and "slapped" her buttocks at least once, Alexandra said.

Alexandra's mother, Gail F., said her daughter disclosed the harassment to her in 2008 and they reported it to the high school.

"He harassed me any time I was in school," Alexandra said. "I reported what I could to the school, but nothing was ever done."

NBISD Director of Communications Rebecca Villarreal said she had no way of confirming Alexandra's claim. The alleged harassment occurred under a previous administrator and no report appears in school records provided by the district by mySA.

Under stress from a constant barrage of comments and unwanted touches, Alexandra said she began to suffer from memory loss. Alexandra left the school in spring 2010.

A discipline report obtained by mySA.com from NBISD shows Kelley was put in out-of-school suspension six times between 2004 and 2009 for various offenses including, horse play, possession/sale of drugs, profane language and insubordination.

Kelley graduated from New Braunfels High School in 2009 and began service in the U.S. Air Force on Jan. 5, 2010, according to records.

Devin Kelley clearly has behavioral problems. He is a clear cut bully. That is not surprising. Omar Mateen and Eric Harris had history of bullying.

Bullying is likely a factor as they can have history of violence.
HOW DID HE GET INTO THE AIR FORCE with this history???
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wonder why the US is the leader ?

I think we know. Even if we say other countries use other methods they still don't happen as often and they don't kill as many people when they do happen. Compare a stabbing spree at a mall to someone with a semi-automatic weapon in the same situation.

Four allegations of sexual abuse, harassment made against Sutherland Springs gunman
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...-of-sexual-abuse-harassment-made-12338750.php

'He harassed me any time I was in school'

Another woman, choosing to go by her middle name Alexandra, told mySA.com, Kelley shoved and groped her in the halls at New Braunfels High School during her 2008-2009 freshman year. He would make lewd comments toward her, and "slapped" her buttocks at least once, Alexandra said.

Alexandra's mother, Gail F., said her daughter disclosed the harassment to her in 2008 and they reported it to the high school.

"He harassed me any time I was in school," Alexandra said. "I reported what I could to the school, but nothing was ever done."

NBISD Director of Communications Rebecca Villarreal said she had no way of confirming Alexandra's claim. The alleged harassment occurred under a previous administrator and no report appears in school records provided by the district by mySA.

Under stress from a constant barrage of comments and unwanted touches, Alexandra said she began to suffer from memory loss. Alexandra left the school in spring 2010.

A discipline report obtained by mySA.com from NBISD shows Kelley was put in out-of-school suspension six times between 2004 and 2009 for various offenses including, horse play, possession/sale of drugs, profane language and insubordination.

Kelley graduated from New Braunfels High School in 2009 and began service in the U.S. Air Force on Jan. 5, 2010, according to records.

Devin Kelley clearly has behavioral problems. He is a clear cut bully. That is not surprising. Omar Mateen and Eric Harris had history of bullying.

Bullying is likely a factor as they can have history of violence.

Omar was bullied

""One can never know for sure whether playing violent video games causes violent criminal behavior, because it is unethical for researchers to allow participants to engage in violent criminal behavior in their laboratory experiments," Bushman told CBS News. "However, there certainly is a link between playing violent video games and violent criminal behavior, although it is not as strong as the link between playing violent video games and less serious aggressive behavior."

In one experiment in which he took part, adolescent boys were given the opportunity to blast an ostensible opponent with loud noise through headphones after being randomly assigned to play a violent or nonviolent video game. The results showed that boys who played a violent game and strongly identified with the violent game character selected noise levels loud enough to cause permanent hearing damage to their partner."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/do-violent-video-games-lead-to-criminal-behavior/

(Article worth a read)

IMo desensitization is potent.

Look at all of us ---we do so many mass shootings --

look at how the media blew off LV

imo it is just the way the brain is wired -- if we paid attn to every stimuli we encounter we would overload

but there has to be some impact sitting in a dark room blowing people away with machine guns for 6 hours

man that family that encountered him that is a chilling story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back