Owner of the Infamous Purple Truck - Dr. Roy Heilbron

LEGALLYBLAND, and by the way, nothing about you is "bland!" :thewave: How "awkward?" for his attorney who entered the memorandum on August 18th:
"As previously set forth in defendant’s Motion for a Continuance, the
defendant has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and is arranging for treatment to
begin forthwith in the Santa Fe and/or Albuquerque area. The defendant is
requesting that the defendant be granted additional time to self-surrender so that he
can be able to have his treatment begin before he begins his sentence
".... and the very next day Dr. Roy, his client is arrested by the FBI in North Carolina!!
Just shaking my head....tells his attorney he is seeking treatment in Santa Fe/Albuquerque area, tells his probation officer he needs to be treated by a doc/urologist based in Florida&Costa Rica, and he is actually sending the e-mails from North Carolina. (interesting geography)
Hmmm, call me extremely suspicious but maybe he was going to (without their consent) "borrow" the passport of someone who looks similar to him? Oh silly Roy, the Feds had you at "Hello, my name is Agent M, from the FBI."

The article said he was rearrested on Aug.28. I hope he does not get bail because I bet he would flee since he was caught.
MsJosie....what article talks about a "rearrest on the the 28th"? Did I miss one? Ya' think New Mexico will finally revoke his medical license, too?

Dr. Roy was arrested ONE DAY after his attorney filed the memorandum on his "prostate issues"
(still laughing at that one, guys!) and then:
The FBI arrested Heilbron in Charlotte, N.C., on Aug. 19, according to the statement from the U.S. Attorney’s Office. The U.S. Marshals Service is transporting him to New Mexico to face the two new charges and sentencing in the health care fraud case, the statement says.

MsJosie....what article talks about a "rearrest on the the 28th"? Did I miss one? Ya' think New Mexico will finally revoke his medical license, too?

Dr. Roy was arrested ONE DAY after his attorney filed the memorandum on his "prostate issues"
(still laughing at that one, guys!) and then:
The FBI arrested Heilbron in Charlotte, N.C., on Aug. 19, according to the statement from the U.S. Attorney’s Office. The U.S. Marshals Service is transporting him to New Mexico to face the two new charges and sentencing in the health care fraud case, the statement says.
I think the 28th was the sentencing hearing, and he's not going to practice medicine in New Mexico ever again.

The state Medical Board placed Heilbron’s medical license on “inactive” status in January and permanently barred him from reapplying to practice medicine in New Mexico.

https://www.abqjournal.com/1060286/fraudulent-doctor-faces-new-charges.html

(Bottom of the article.)

I've been following this silently since the beginning... but, I have to ask...

How can this dude, after being found guilty, think he could outwit the FBI?

SMH

I believe most of us assume that if he left the US, he'd never return. He's scared of something more than this current sentence for fraud; I think he's afraid of getting discovered for something far more serious.

A two year sentence could easily translate down to 8 months. Depending on the state, the prior record of the prisoner, the current crime, how good your lawyer is, good behavior in prison etc. (I'll never understand THAT one), non-violent crimes can be reduced to serving only one third of the time in order to mitigate overcrowding.

It's hard for me to imagine being terrified enough of a two year sentence (at most) to leave the country forever . Presumably forever; it's possible he could get another ID set up to return to living here, I dunno. What idiot gambles 8 months (even 2 years at the most) against 15 to 30? LOL, oh my god, he's done something very, very bad.

I wonder if there's more to his involvement in Teresa Sievers murder either before or after. If not this, then whatever else he's done that he knows will be a huge problem. I wonder if he's on the witness list to testify against *alleged* murderer Mark.

Just a note on my use of the word alleged - it's merely a cya kinda thang. I forgot to add IMO.

:jail:

Full press release from the DOJ. I couldn't find it when looking last week.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, September 7, 2017

Federal Grand Jury Files Obstruction Charges Against Santa Fe Cardiologist Awaiting Sentencing on Health Care Fraud Charge

New Indictment Charges Roy G. Heilbron with Attempting to Obstruct Pending Criminal Case by Submitting Fraudulent Documents to U.S. Probation Officer

ALBUQUERQUE – Acting U.S. Attorney James D. Tierney and Special Agent in Charge Terry Wade of the FBI’s Albuquerque Division announced that a federal grand jury has returned a new indictment charging Roy G. Heilbron, 54, a cardiologist residing in Santa Fe, N.M., with false statements and obstruction charges. The new charges against Heilbron arise out of his alleged attempt to obstruct and impede proceedings in a pending criminal case.

The two-count indictment, which was filed yesterday, charges Heilbron with making and presenting fraudulent documents regarding his medical condition to a U.S. Probation Officer, and submitting the fraudulent documents for the purpose of postponing or avoiding sentencing in a pending health care fraud prosecution. The new indictment alleges that Heilbron committed the two crimes in Bernalillo County, N.M., and elsewhere, between Aug. 3, 2017 and Aug. 7, 2017.

Heilbron pleaded guilty in federal court in Albuquerque, N.M., to a health care fraud charge on Feb. 17, 2017, under a plea agreement recommending a sentence of two years of imprisonment followed by a term of supervised release to be determined by the court. The Feb. 17, 2017 press release summarizing the proceedings in the health care fraud case in which Heilbron pleaded guilty is attached.

On Aug. 7, 2017, Heilbron’s attorney filed a motion to continue Heilbron’s sentencing hearing, which was scheduled for Aug. 28, 2017, to permit Heilbron to begin chemotherapy in Costa Rica for prostate cancer. The motion included two attachments: a one-page “Treatment Protocol for Roy Heilbron” dated Aug. 3, 2017, which purported to detail Heilbron’s alleged prostate cancer diagnosis, and a three-page “Clinical Summary” dated June 24, 2017, which purported to outline a four-cycle chemotherapy treatment plan. The two documents purported to be authored by a physician with offices in San Jose, Costa Rica, and Miami, Fla.

On Aug. 9, 2017, a U.S. Magistrate Judge issued a warrant for Heilbron’s arrest based on a criminal complaint alleging the same charges as those contained in the new indictment. The complaint outlined the FBI’s investigation into the claims made in the “Clinical Summary” and “Treatment Protocol,” and alleged that Heilbron created the two documents himself and that Heilbron was not a patient of the physician whose name appears on the fraudulent documents. According to the complaint, Heilbron allegedly provided the fraudulent documents to his U.S. Probation Officer on Aug. 4, 2017, in support of a request to postpone his sentencing hearing.

Heilbron was arrested by the FBI in Charlotte, N.C., on Aug. 19, 2017. Heilbron currently is in the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service, which is in the process of transporting Heilbron back to New Mexico to face the charges in the new indictment and sentencing in the health care fraud case.

If convicted on the charges in the new indictment, Heilbron faces a statutory maximum penalty of 15 years of imprisonment on the false statements charge and 30 years of imprisonment on the obstruction of justice charge. Charges in criminal complaints and indictments are merely accusations and defendants are presumed innocent unless found guilty in a court of law.

This case was investigated by the Santa Fe and Albuquerque offices of the FBI, with assistance from Charlotte office of the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service, and is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Jeremy Peña and George C. Kraehe.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-nm/pr/...harges-against-santa-fe-cardiologist-awaiting

This guy is a real piece of work!

I've been wondering if Mr. Purple Truck was that 305 area code number that CWW dialed up when he made those 300-400 calls out of jail. And I think I remember reading that he was polylingual. And I'm pretty certain one of those languages was German. And one of Teresa's girls was passing communications in German from her father in jail to someone else? Ah, but J is a brilliant and talented girl, by her own merits. I'm just trying to make sense of all the pieces in this sick, sick puzzle.

ROY HEILBRON
Register Number: 81533-051
Race: White
Sex: Male
Released On: 09/19/2017

https://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/

I'm guessing that he was released from BOP on 9/19/2017 for transport to Albuquerque, NM for the 10/2/2017 [FONT=&amp]Show Cause/Detention Hearing[/FONT]:
U.S. District Court
District of New Mexico - Version 6.1 (Albuquerque)
CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:15-cr-02030-WJ All Defendants

08/23/2017 86 Petition for Action on Conditions of Release as to Roy Heilbron (Selph, Andrew) (Entered: 08/23/2017)
08/23/2017 88 ARREST Warrant Issued as to Roy Heilbron. Three certified copy(ies) of Petition, Order (NEF), and ARREST Warrant with AO 442 Page 2 delivered to USMS by interoffice mail box. Copy of Order (NEF) and ARREST Warrant placed in USPPS mail box. (kg) (Entered: 08/23/2017)
08/23/2017 89 MINUTE ORDER by District Judge William P. Johnson as to Roy Heilbron vacating the 8/28/2017 Sentencing Hearing pending further order of the Court. (rwg)
[THIS IS A TEXT-ONLY ENTRY. THERE ARE NO DOCUMENTS ATTACHED.] (Entered: 08/23/2017)
09/22/2017 Arrest of Roy Heilbron. (kls) (Entered: 09/24/2017)
09/24/2017 Set/Reset Hearings as to Roy Heilbron: Initial Appearance on Revocation Proceedings set for 9/25/2017 at 10:30 AM in Las Cruces - 340 Sierra Blanca Courtroom (North Tower) before Magistrate Judge Carmen E. Garza. (kls) (Entered: 09/24/2017)
09/25/2017 90 Clerk's Minutes for proceedings held before Magistrate Judge Carmen E. Garza: Initial Appearance re Revocation of Pretrial Release as to Roy Heilbron held on 9/25/2017; Show Cause/Detention hearing to be set on 10/2/17 at 9:30 a.m. in Albuquerque; Defendant in custody (Recording Info: LCR-Sierra Blanca) (bw) (Entered: 09/25/2017)
09/25/2017 91 NOTICE OF HEARING as to Roy Heilbron: Show Cause/Detention Hearing set for 10/2/2017 at 9:30 AM in Albuquerque - 320 Rio Grande Courtroom before Magistrate Judge Steven C. Yarbrough. (bw)

U.S. District Court
District of New Mexico - Version 6.1 (Albuquerque)
CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:15-cr-02030-WJ All Defendants

[FONT=&amp]Case title: USA v. Heilbron[/FONT]
09/25/2017 91 NOTICE OF HEARING as to Roy Heilbron: Show Cause/Detention Hearing set for 10/2/2017 at 9:30 AM in Albuquerque - 320 Rio Grande Courtroom before Magistrate Judge Steven C. Yarbrough. (bw)
10/02/2017 92 Clerk's Minutes before Magistrate Judge Steven C. Yarbrough: Show Cause/Detention Hearing as to Roy Heilbron held (Recording Info: Liberty - Rio Grande) (kd) (Entered: 10/02/2017)
10/02/2017 93 ORDER by Magistrate Judge Steven C. Yarbrough Revoking Conditions of Release as to Roy Heilbron (kd) (Entered: 10/02/2017)
10/02/2017 94 WAIVER of Show Cause Hearing by Roy Heilbron (nm) (Entered: 10/02/2017)
10/02/2017 95 WAIVER of Detention Hearing by Roy Heilbron (nm) (Entered: 10/02/2017)
10/02/2017 96 AMENDED ORDER by Magistrate Judge Steven C. Yarbrough Revoking Conditions of Release as to Roy Heilbron (kd) (Entered: 10/02/2017)

So RH was to be released on 10-2 and then it was revoked. Why? Does anyone know?

Thanks

[FONT=&amp]10/02/2017 96 AMENDED ORDER by Magistrate Judge Steven C. Yarbrough Revoking Conditions of Release as to Roy Heilbron (kd) (Entered: 10/02/2017)[/FONT]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Case 1:15-cr-02030-WJ Document 96 Filed 10/02/17 Page 1 of 1

CRIM. NO. 15-2030 WJ

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEW MEXICO

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Plaintiff,
vs.
ROY HEILBRON,
Defendant.

AMENDED ORDER REVOKING CONDITIONS OF PRETRIAL RELEASE

THIS MATTER came before the Court for hearing on October 2,2017. The Court finds that probable cause exists to believe that Defendant has committed a Federal crime while on release, that based on the factors set forth in 18U.S.C. § 3142(g) there is no condition or combination of conditions that will assure he will not flee, and that he is unlikely to abide by any condition or combination of conditions of release. Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3148, the Court finds that the Defendant Roy Heilbron violated his conditions of release and
ORDERS that the conditions of release previously imposed are herebyREVOKED. Defendant Roy Heilbron is remanded to the custody of the U.S.Marshal Service pending final disposition in this matter.

[FONT=&]10/02/2017 96 AMENDED ORDER by Magistrate Judge Steven C. Yarbrough Revoking Conditions of Release as to Roy Heilbron (kd) (Entered: 10/02/2017)[/FONT]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Case 1:15-cr-02030-WJ Document 96 Filed 10/02/17 Page 1 of 1

CRIM. NO. 15-2030 WJ

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEW MEXICO

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Plaintiff,
vs.
ROY HEILBRON,
Defendant.

AMENDED ORDER REVOKING CONDITIONS OF PRETRIAL RELEASE

THIS MATTER came before the Court for hearing on October 2,2017. The Court finds that probable cause exists to believe that Defendant has committed a Federal crime while on release, that based on the factors set forth in 18U.S.C. § 3142(g) there is no condition or combination of conditions that will assure he will not flee, and that he is unlikely to abide by any condition or combination of conditions of release. Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3148, the Court finds that the Defendant Roy Heilbron violated his conditions of release and
ORDERS that the conditions of release previously imposed are herebyREVOKED. Defendant Roy Heilbron is remanded to the custody of the U.S.Marshal Service pending final disposition in this matter.

SeeSeas thank you for finding this and posting it. Wow....wow...wow. Flight risk and possibly committed a Federal crime. Just wonder how much he is involved in TS murder before and after.

Brilliant work, SeesSeas.

SeeSeas thank you for finding this and posting it. Wow....wow...wow. Flight risk and possibly committed a Federal crime. Just wonder how much he is involved in TS murder before and after.
I've never though he had any prior knowledge or involvement, but it does make you wonder.

Quoting myself for continuity of thought... (Ya'll didn't think I would leave so many questions unanswered, did ya'?:groucho:) Just how much money did Dr. PGrin borrow, you ask???
""Plaintiff, a bank, issued a business loan with a principal of $228,622.74 to Defendant, a medical doctor, on April 28, 2015. (Doc. #16 at 5). Defendant signed a Promissory Note to Plaintiff on that date. (Id. at 8-12). Plaintiff and Defendant also entered into a "Business Loan Agreement" on that date. (Id. at 5, 14-19). Defendant agreed to pay the principal and interest on the loan.""
Ahah!!! notice the words, Defendant, a medical doctor.....Like I said before, when you have DR. in front of your name, banks tend to overlook a lot of the "jump-through-hoops-of-fire-scrutiny" the rest of us (I) have to go through to get a business loan. I bet the bank never even knew Dr.PGrin was facing criminal charges when he applied for the $228,000 loan....and if you read the rest of the report, it appears he didn't make any payments!!
So, who got the $228,000??? and where did it go???
http://www.leagle.com/decision/In FDCO 20170502658/REGIONS BANK v. HEILBRON

Hi, up late and always thinking about this case. MS (only my suspicions, of course) was making plans for his wife's death. Is it possible that the amount of the loan DrRH was requesting close to the amount of profit TS made in her medical practice?? (Or a multiple thereof?) At one time, was he thinking about purchasing ownership in the Estero medical building? Dhang, the timing of the bank loan ie, April 28th, 2015 to begin/or purchase a practice in Florida??? The timing is coincidental/suspicious/anticipatory??? MS has not yet testified or "cut a deal" to implicate anyone else, YET. It just doesn't make sense after spending thousands of dollars on his defense and cutting (a very lenient, IMO) 2 year deal with prosecutors, that Dr.Roy would lie to his attorney/Federal prosecutors etc. and NOW FACE A 15 TO 30 YEAR SENTENCE!!!! The only thing I can imagine is that he was afraid his name would be brought up in a murder trial. Wouldn't that just beat all?? MS in contact with DrRoy, talking about purchasing a medical practice and records 60 to 90 days before Teresa's murder?? Maybe I am just too suspicious, by nature, but the timing of the bank loan just keeps bugging me. Fleeing the country makes sense, if you think you are going to be implicated in something larger. Am I the only one that finds the timing coincidentally suspicious?

Hi, up late and always thinking about this case. MS (only my suspicions, of course) was making plans for his wife's death. Is it possible that the amount of the loan DrRH was requesting close to the amount of profit TS made in her medical practice?? (Or a multiple thereof?) At one time, was he thinking about purchasing ownership in the Estero medical building? Dhang, the timing of the bank loan ie, April 28th, 2015 to begin/or purchase a practice in Florida??? The timing is coincidental/suspicious/anticipatory??? MS has not yet testified or "cut a deal" to implicate anyone else, YET. It just doesn't make sense after spending thousands of dollars on his defense and cutting (a very lenient, IMO) 2 year deal with prosecutors, that Dr.Roy would lie to his attorney/Federal prosecutors etc. and NOW FACE A 15 TO 30 YEAR SENTENCE!!!! The only thing I can imagine is that he was afraid his name would be brought up in a murder trial. Wouldn't that just beat all?? MS in contact with DrRoy, talking about purchasing a medical practice and records 60 to 90 days before Teresa's murder?? Maybe I am just too suspicious, by nature, but the timing of the bank loan just keeps bugging me. Fleeing the country makes sense, if you think you are going to be implicated in something larger. Am I the only one that finds the timing coincidentally suspicious?
I say excellent detective work. It very well Could be!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back