UK - Actor Kevin Spacey accused of making sexual advances, 12 charges against 4 boys *acquitted in 2023*

Wow, that’s going to be expensive. I’m guessing it’s still cheaper than just scrapping it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like an interesting movie and Plummer seems ideal for the role, probably better than Spacey. I never understood the attraction to Spacey. I've always thought he was a mediocre actor at best. That movie he did about Bobby Darin was just horrible. Bizarre and terrible acting. Perhaps Spacey had a lot of powerful friends who made sure he got good roles. I kind of wonder whether he knew a lot of secrets about powerful execs in the industry due to his leisure time activities.

It looks like an interesting movie and Plummer seems ideal for the role, probably better than Spacey. I never understood the attraction to Spacey. I've always thought he was a mediocre actor at best. That movie he did about Bobby Darin was just horrible. Bizarre and terrible acting. Perhaps Spacey had a lot of powerful friends who made sure he got good roles. I kind of wonder whether he knew a lot of secrets about powerful execs in the industry due to his leisure time activities.
He's creepy and I personally have always thought he overplays southern characters, which is a pet peeve of mine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am very surprised at how fast things have happened to KS. He's lost a lot! Good! He deserves everything that has happened to him.

I am very surprised at how fast things have happened to KS. He's lost a lot! Good! He deserves everything that has happened to him.
I am very surprised at how fast this entire thing is moving - Hollywood, politics, and now sports as well. I checked Twitter earlier and a woman came out about her coach, another man came out about Broadway, and of course, the Alabama politician who's in hot water.

We've been creating threads for specific cases, and I created one about the general problem of sexualizing children so that we could speak in broader terms. But now that people are coming out about this happening in so many areas, I think we need an even broader thread to encompass all the news. I'd create one, but I'm not sure what to call it, and I'm tired right now.

Another accuser comes forward... surprise, surprise.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5072881/Kevin-Spacey-s-15th-accuser-tells-shock-fear.html

On Friday, Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston said that he believes Spacey's career is dead after the allegations.
While Spacey is 'a phenomenal actor,' Cranston told the BBC, he's 'not a very good person.' He added: 'His career now I think is over.
Cranston was asked about the rash of allegations made in recent weeks against A-listers including film studio head Harvey Weinstein, writer James Toback, producer Brett Ratner, and actors Dustin Hoffman, Ed Westwick, Louis C.K., Jeremy Piven and Steven Seagal, among others.
'There's a disorder among all those people who use their power, their place or their status in any industry to overpower someone and force someone to do something that they don't want to do,' he said.
'It's beyond disgusting. It's almost animalistic.'

From your DM link neesaki:

Holtzman was on the phone when Spacey began his assault, Holtzman said, adding: 'The aggression was certainly more than a grope.
'When I was finally able to push him off and scream [at him], he theatrically stepped back, incredibly angry, grabbed his coat and bag, stormed out and slammed the door.'
He continued: 'It's never happened before or since, where somebody physically forces himself on you in a wordless way.
Holtzman, now 64, said he was openly gay but never interested in Spacey. He said after he fought Spacey off, the actor left in a fury that was 'shocking, then scary'
Holtzman, now 64, said he was openly gay but never interested in Spacey. He said after he fought Spacey off, the actor left in a fury that was 'shocking, then scary'
'In my office, with a phone in my hand, during the day! It was so out of place, so sudden.
'It was the wordlessness of it - he never spoke to me throughout, not one word. I was saying things, he was saying nothing.'

From your DM link neesaki:

Holtzman was on the phone when Spacey began his assault, Holtzman said, adding: 'The aggression was certainly more than a grope.
'When I was finally able to push him off and scream [at him], he theatrically stepped back, incredibly angry, grabbed his coat and bag, stormed out and slammed the door.'
He continued: 'It's never happened before or since, where somebody physically forces himself on you in a wordless way.
'In my office, with a phone in my hand, during the day! It was so out of place, so sudden.
'It was the wordlessness of it - he never spoke to me throughout, not one word. I was saying things, he was saying nothing.'
It's clear to me that Spacey deserves every bit of karma coming back at him now. He was out of control.

It's clear to me that Spacey deserves every bit of karma coming back at him now. He was out of control.

Yep, that's crazy. He has some VERY serious issues. I doubt he will, but he needs to check into long-term, residential, treatment. He is one who can actually afford to do so.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kevin Spacey: London’s Old Vic finds 20 claims of ‘inappropriate behavior’ against actor
by Alastair Jamieson and Nick Bailey

London's Old Vic theater said Thursday it has received 20 allegations of "inappropriate behavior" against actor Kevin Spacey during his time at the venue.

The new complaints surfaced in an investigation triggered by a claim the Oscar-winning star had preyed on young actors in the theater's bar, and followed last month's allegation that he has made a sexual advance to a teenager in 1986.

Spacey, 58, began performing at the theater in the 1990s and served as its artistic director from 2004-15...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...claims-inappropriate-behavior-against-n821311

I lived in LA back in the late 70's and 80's. The reports coming now are things well known for decades. It was widely known even back then that the "casting couch" was well used for both men and women. Many of those going to Hollywood to make it big would do and did do just about anything to get there. Also many of those couches had to be replaced often due to the stains they regularly got. So to me all this news is no real revelation. There are many getting a restart of their 15 minutes of fame by being public about them now.

JMOs

Old Vic says ‘cult of personality’ meant Kevin Spacey claims were not reported

London theatre apologises for failings after revealing it has received 20 allegations of inappropriate behaviour against the actor

The theatre said 14 of the allegations were so serious that it had advised complainants to take the matter up with the police.

The theatre opened a confidential complaints process after the allegations emerged. It also hired the law firm Lewis Silkin to investigate.

On Thursday it said 56 people had contacted the theatre, with 20 individual allegations of inappropriate conduct by Spacey. All were against young men over the age of 18. Sixteen of them were former staff. One testimony dated back to 1995, while 17 were between 2004 and 2009 and two were after that date.

The alleged behaviour ranged from something that made people feel uncomfortable to sexually inappropriate. None of the allegations were of rape.

The Old Vic said no formal complaints about Spacey were received during his tenure and it maintained that no board trustees were aware of any allegations.

Official Old Vic press statement (links to pdf). Spacey was its artistic director from 2004-2015.

Link:
https://cdn.oldvictheatre.com/uploads/2017/11/THE-OLD-VIC-PRESS-STATEMENT-FINAL-16.11.17.pdf

Download:
View attachment THE-OLD-VIC-PRESS-STATEMENT-FINAL-16.11.17.pdf

Reads in part:
No legal claims, formal grievances, formal disputes, settlement agreements or payments made or authorisedwere made at all in relation to Kevin Spacey during his tenure. It has also not been possible to verify any of
these allegations, and it is important to note that Kevin Spacey has not commented on them. The review
cannot therefore make any findings of fact about the alleged misconduct.

The given testimony shows that in all but one case, those individuals alleging inappropriate behaviour by Kevin
Spacey did not come forward at the time or asked that no formal action be taken. During his tenure, The Old
Vic was in a unique position of having a Hollywood star at the helm around whom existed a cult of personality.

The investigation found that his stardom and status at The Old Vic may have prevented people, and in
particular junior staff or young actors, from feeling that they could speak up or raise a hand for help.

You might have the definition twisted. The phrase "casting couch" is a synonym for abuse of power:

"The casting couch, casting-couch syndrome, or casting-couch mentality is the demanding of sexual favors by an employer or person in a position of power and authority, from an apprentice employee, or subordinate to a superior in return for entry into an occupation, or for other career advancement within an organization."

I lived in LA back in the late 70's and 80's. The reports coming now are things well known for decades. It was widely known even back then that the "casting couch" was well used for both men and women. Many of those going to Hollywood to make it big would do and did do just about anything to get there. Also many of those couches had to be replaced often due to the stains they regularly got. So to me all this news is no real revelation. There are many getting a restart of their 15 minutes of fame by being public about them now.

JMOs

Old Vic theater: 20 allegations uncovered against Kevin Spacey

[video]http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/16/media/kevin-spacey-old-vic-theatre/index.html[/video]

The Old Vic said the allegations covered 1995 to 2013. The theater added that most of the claims were from before 2009, and that it has not been possible to verify any of the allegations.

Most of the alleged victims shared their stories because they were promised anonymity. The Old Vic said no legal claims or formal grievances were filed during Spacey's time as artistic director, and no settlement agreements or payments were made.

Well, to quote Dance Moms Abbey Lee Miller, "Everyone is replaceable."

Christopher Plummer remade the scenes in "All the Money" that Kevin Spacey originally was in. Accomplished in a matter of weeks. (And from the very brief look at the trailer, Plummer looks like he nailed the role.)

[video=youtube;0EQuVfP-vXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=0EQuVfP-vXs[/video]

In the wake of multiple sexual-assault accusations and allegations of workplace sexual harassment, colleagues of Kevin Spacey can’t be blamed for looking back at their professional interactions with the actor with a new air of scrutiny. Spacey’s former co-star Gabriel Byrne certainly has, and, in hindsight, the actor’s rumored pattern of behavior seems painfully obvious. So obvious, in fact, that according to Byrne, production was allegedly stopped for two days on the 1995 crime thriller The Usual Suspects due to Spacey being “accused of sexually inappropriate behavior toward a younger actor.”

http://www.vulture.com/2017/12/gabriel-byrne-says-spaceys-misconduct-halted-usual-suspects.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back