Found Safe TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

Regarding LE not saying anything... What are some reasons this could occur in a missing persons situation?

How does it work if someone is missing of their own accord and contacts LE to stop them from looking, but requests that they don't tell anyone else?

Is it in the realm of possibilities that she could somehow be in a Witness Protection program? I know that is extremely unlikely, I'm just trying to come up with reasons that I haven't seen mentioned, that would make some kind of sense...

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I don't think she would cut out her daughter and other family members just like that. She could have been manipulated and forced into doing what she did. Chasing around the author of "Iterating Grace"? Who fueled that fire? What are the details of leaving her daughter...what time of day, did Michele go into a store and told her daughter to wait outside? How long was the child alone? Who actually noticed her and called police? What exactly was in the trunk of her car? She went somewhere, somebody picked her up. Sounds to me like she was following orders.

I don't think she would cut out her daughter and other family members just like that. She could have been manipulated and forced into doing what she did. Chasing around the author of "Iterating Grace"? Who fueled that fire? What are the details of leaving her daughter...what time of day, did Michele go into a store and told her daughter to wait outside? How long was the child alone? Who actually noticed her and called police? What exactly was in the trunk of her car? She went somewhere, somebody picked her up. Sounds to me like she was following orders.
It would seem that Michele's daughter is the key to this case. But we also have to keep in mind that LE never said anything about Michele's daughter also being missing on Thanksgiving and then found and returned. Consequently, one of the concerns I have is that if it is the case that LE was involved with returning Michele's daughter and it is true that LE was called out on Black Friday for Michele's car and not only didn't connect the dots but did nothing since it wasn't reported stolen then San Antonio Police may be trying to avoid the fallout of completely blowing this case. So if it turns out that what we seem to know is true then several officers should be disciplined for the fiasco.

Following orders is possible. She also could have been lured to a specific location as well. Perhaps she thought she was meeting a specific person and when she got there it was someone else. What I have been wondering is whether or not there is some other guy that Michele was involved with or a woman the husband was involved with. I truly doubt that the separation came about randomly out of the blue for literally no reason. Considering how Michele and her husband got together in the first place I can't rule such things out.

Too many unanswered questions. Need to know a little more about her prior personal life.

I'm still stuck on the cell phone. She could not have simultaneously thrown her phone away in a dumpster AND later have that same phone pinging on the east coast of Florida where her daughter was sent for Christmas. Some possible theories of what really happened:

A. Maybe Michele threw something else away and her daughter was mistaken/thought it was her phone. Michele had told her mother that she did not want to go to Thanksgiving dinner with SB's family. So maybe she ignored SB's calls and texts that day. Maybe her daughter picked up on mom looking at her phone in anger when SB called and maybe soon after that Michele silenced the phone and tossed something else in the dumpster. Daughter is 5 and could be mistaken.

B. Maybe Michele actually threw away her phone as her daughter said she did. Maybe someone dumpster diving found the phone and sold it and it "happened" to end up on the east coast of Florida. This seems like too big of a coincidence, however.

C. Maybe Michele had more than one cell phone. Maybe she had been using a burner phone for some reason and threw that one away. But I can't figure out why she would keep her old phone and throw the burner if she was planning on walking away from her life. Seems like in that scenario she would toss the old phone and keep using a burner.

D. Maybe Michele never threw her phone away at all. Maybe the daughter has been coached to say that mommy threw her phone in the dumpster. This theory is similar to A, but with the distinction that there is a nefarious element at work here and "mommy threw her phone in the dumpster" is not the true story or the whole story. I'm not saying the child is purposely lying. I'm saying she could have been told by someone else that mommy threw her phone away and restated it as if she had seen it happen. Or she could have been asked leading questions such as "Did mommy throw her phone away?" To which she said yes. Again, she is only 5.

None of these seem to be strong theories and I'm left wondering what else we don't know. Can anyone think of alternative theories explaining the phone? :thinking:

I'm still stuck on the cell phone. She could not have simultaneously thrown her phone away in a dumpster AND later have that same phone later pinging on the east coast of Florida where her daughter was sent for Christmas. Some possible theories of what really happened:

A. Maybe Michele threw something else away and her daughter was mistaken/thought it was her phone. Michele had told her mother that she did not want to go to Thanksgiving dinner with SB's family. So maybe she ignored SB's calls and texts that day. Maybe her daughter picked up on mom looking at her phone in anger when SB called and maybe soon after that Michele silenced the phone and tossed something else in the dumpster. Daughter is 5 and could be mistaken.

B. Maybe Michele actually threw away her phone as her daughter said she did. Maybe someone dumpster diving found the phone and sold it and it "happened" to end up on the east coast of Florida. This seems like too big of a coincidence, however.

C. Maybe Michele had more than one cell phone. Maybe she had been using a burner phone for some reason and threw that one away. But I can't figure out why she would keep her old phone and throw the burner if she was planning on walking away from her life. Seems like in that scenario she would toss the old phone and keep using a burner.

D. Maybe Michele never threw her phone away at all. Maybe the daughter has been coached to say that mommy threw her phone in the dumpster. This theory is similar to A, but with the distinction that there is a nefarious element at work here and "mommy threw her phone in the dumpster" is not the true story or the whole story. I'm not saying the child is purposely lying. I'm saying she could have been told by someone else that mommy threw her phone away and restated it as if she had seen it happen. Or she could have been asked leading questions such as "Did mommy throw her phone away?" To which she said yes. Again, she is only 5.

None of these seem to be strong theories and I'm left wondering what else we don't know. Can anyone think of alternative theories explaining the phone? :thinking:

If it was in the dumpster, brother nor husband found it. It could mean it wasn't tossed at all,

Or the phone never did ping in Florida.

Common sense says it can't be both. IMO

If it was in the dumpster, brother nor husband found it. It could mean it wasn't tossed at all,

I agree, I don't think it can be both. The phone pinging in Florida is one of the few pieces of info we have that came from LE, though. They supposedly told the family that, although they did not make any public statement. Could LE have been lying to family about the phone ping to see what someone said next? And then there is also the California email thing. I don't know what to believe in this case. :scared:

Has anyone else thought about suicide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a thought or three in a different direction-
that she did toss her phone and it was found, never turned over to LE and possibly turned on in FL by whoever found it.
I'm curious when it pinged in FL?
ETA- maybe not a different thought as I continue to read upward.

I'm still stuck on the cell phone. She could not have simultaneously thrown her phone away in a dumpster AND later have that same phone pinging on the east coast of Florida where her daughter was sent for Christmas. Some possible theories of what really happened:

It could be the case that the Sim Card from her phone was swapped to another phone.

I agree, I don't think it can be both. The phone pinging in Florida is one of the few pieces of info we have that came from LE, though. They supposedly told the family that, although they did not make any public statement. Could LE have been lying to family about the phone ping to see what someone said next? And then there is also the California email thing. I don't know what to believe in this case. :scared:
If I understand the e-mail that was mentioned it was in regard to get a shopper card from Safeway in California. With that it seems someone had to physically enter a store and apply for a card.

According to their web site you can print out a form from their site and give it any cashier. I don't know if you have to show ID or not. The e-mail is optional (so is phone number).

The important thing is you have to be in the store. So, Safeway should have a record of the card setup. Safeway should also know what terminal in the store was used - which register or at customer service. They should also know the time. Thus, LE could have examined security footage to see if Michele could be seen or whoever it was that was at that register/customer service at that time or if she was in that store at all. Who knows if they did.

If that card application happened at a register, discounts can be applied immediately to anything purchased. Thus, LE could learn from Safeway if a debit or credit card was used at that same register in close proximity of the time the card application was processed. And if either were used possibly track down that person.

Naturally, it is possible that the e-mail was not sent from Safeway and that would mean there was no application and consequently nothing can be learned from Safeway. Though LE should have been able to determine that as well. Who knows if they did. I would think that San Antonio Police would want to know if someone was inserting themselves into Michele's case and try to identify them.

If I understand the e-mail that was mentioned it was in regard to get a shopper card from Safeway in California. With that it seems someone had to physically enter a store and apply for a card.

According to their web site you can print out a form from their site and give it any cashier. I don't know if you have to show ID or not. The e-mail is optional (so is phone number).

The important thing is you have to be in the store. So, Safeway should have a record of the card setup. Safeway should also know what terminal in the store was used - which register or at customer service. They should also know the time. Thus, LE could have examined security footage to see if Michele could be seen or whoever it was that was at that register/customer service at that time or if she was in that store at all. Who knows if they did.

If that card application happened at a register, discounts can be applied immediately to anything purchased. Thus, LE could learn from Safeway if a debit or credit card was used at that same register in close proximity of the time the card application was processed. And if either were used possibly track down that person.

Naturally, it is possible that the e-mail was not sent from Safeway and that would mean there was no application and consequently nothing can be learned from Safeway. Though LE should have been able to determine that as well. Who knows if they did. I would think that San Antonio Police would want to know if someone was inserting themselves into Michele's case and try to identify them.

I wonder if her email address is made up of her name? Her surnames are not uncommon. There are other Michele Boyds. It could be something as simple as someone
leaving off a letter or writing down a false email because they don't want the spam. IDK. If the email really had to be given in person in store then I hope they checked the store video.

I wonder if her email address is made up of her name? Her surnames are not uncommon. There are other Michele Boyds. It could be something as simple as someone
leaving off a letter or writing down a false email because they don't want the spam. IDK. If the email really had to be given in person in store then I hope they checked the store video.
The store video will show Michele if she was there.. I truly hope LE have every video camera footage available-from the store, meat market, surrounding shops. Especially if we're suppose to believe Michele left with nothing, and left her daughter.. what has a gas station worker said about her daughter? How did her husband know where and when to pick their daughter up? The daughter must have used a phone in that store/gas station? When the husband picked her up, did he not look for Michele's car? I'm having trouble believing a lot of this story.

The store video will show Michele if she was there.. I truly hope LE have every video camera footage available-from the store, meat market, surrounding shops. Especially if we're suppose to believe Michele left with nothing, and left her daughter.. what has a gas station worker said about her daughter? How did her husband know where and when to pick their daughter up? The daughter must have used a phone in that store/gas station? When the husband picked her up, did he not look for Michele's car? I'm having trouble believing a lot of this story.

It is possible that Michele's car was towed before he got there to pick up his daughter. And we actually don't know who called him about his daughter being found. Was it the police or the a good Samaritan from the store? I agree, however, it is a difficult story to believe. It's a very strange story and stranger still that when the news first started to cover the story there was NO MENTION of the daughter being with Michele and being abandoned at the store. That should have been the lead story. It would have caused more urgency in people looking for her, IMO. It may have also made a difference for anyone that thought they saw her that day if the public had been told the daughter may have been with her. The public should have been asked if they remembered seeing her with a child to try to trace her last location and see if they could find her on video anywhere. Instead, we didn't hear about the daughter being with her that day for months. And then it was buried in an opinion section in a Florida paper-- not a local San Antonio paper where anyone who may have seen Michele and her daughter that day might read it.

I can only hope that LE are really investigating Michele's disappearance. If they are not investigating, however, it is not too late to try to get tips from the public. For any family reading this, please try to do some interviews with the media for the 1 year anniversary of Michele going missing. You need to plead with the public for info because if Michele is still out there not knowing who she is then someone knows something. Someone must have seen her and helped her. Someone knows something. She could not have dropped her daughter and her car off and walked away without being seen somewhere. JMO.

It was stated that Michele had no ID; maybe she had new ID. There are not too many scenarios that I could not understand; even if life was bad and she wanted a new one, she could easily have packed up and left without abandoning her daughter. She could have been threatened, she could have been following orders to spare her daughter's life. You can leave with a new identity voluntarily and have had it all planned...without leaving your daughter in the middle of nowhere!

It is possible that Michele's car was towed before he got there to pick up his daughter. And we actually don't know who called him about his daughter being found. Was it the police or the a good Samaritan from the store? I agree, however, it is a difficult story to believe. It's a very strange story and stranger still that when the news first started to cover the story there was NO MENTION of the daughter being with Michele and being abandoned at the store. That should have been the lead story. It would have caused more urgency in people looking for her, IMO. It may have also made a difference for anyone that thought they saw her that day if the public had been told the daughter may have been with her. The public should have been asked if they remembered seeing her with a child to try to trace her last location and see if they could find her on video anywhere. Instead, we didn't hear about the daughter being with her that day for months. And then it was buried in an opinion section in a Florida paper-- not a local San Antonio paper where anyone who may have seen Michele and her daughter that day might read it.

I can only hope that LE are really investigating Michele's disappearance. If they are not investigating, however, it is not too late to try to get tips from the public. For any family reading this, please try to do some interviews with the media for the 1 year anniversary of Michele going missing. You need to plead with the public for info because if Michele is still out there not knowing who she is then someone knows something. Someone must have seen her and helped her. Someone knows something. She could not have dropped her daughter and her car off and walked away without being seen somewhere. JMO.

"her vehicle was found and towed on Black Friday"

This would mean her daughter was there overnight?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...her-went-missing-on-Thanksgiving-10780264.php

"her vehicle was found and towed on Black Friday"

This would mean her daughter was there overnight?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...her-went-missing-on-Thanksgiving-10780264.php

Yes, most likely. There was one article that said she was last seen at the intersection near there at 11:30 PM on Thanksgiving night. I think it is most likely her car was seen on camera at that intersection at that time, but it was only the one article that mentioned 11:30 PM. That would mean Michele's car and daughter were most likely left there around midnight and the daughter spent the night in the car or on the street before being found at the store. I can't imagine Michele doing this no matter what her state of mind was. It must have been scary for that little girl. The only alternative scenario I can come up with is that Michele took her daughter to "a friends" house for Thanksgiving. Maybe something happened to Michele there and maybe the "friend" dropped off the car around midnight so it wouldn't be seen at their home and then dropped off the daughter at the store the next day. But the little girl should be able to tell if she was at someone's house. Unless she was frightened and threatened by someone not to tell anything. No matter what explanation I think of, I just keep thinking of that child and how scared she must have been wherever she spent the night. And the sequence of events as told does not make sense. How could Michele's husband go to sleep on Thanksgiving night after coming home to the house rearranged without at least being concerned about where his daughter was? Michele had not replied to his messages or answered his calls and he got that strange facebook friend request at Thanksgiving dinner. Why did he not call police right away when his daughter and wife didn't come home that night? Did Michele often take their child and disappear for a night? Nothing makes sense here. :gaah:

I would love to get some simple facts, like what time was Michele supposed to go to where her husband was staying for dinner. What time did he go to the house and discover that she wasn't there? Simple questions. What time did her Mother speak to her that day?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back