Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.14.17 - Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're now seeing photos of where the hydro meter box would be for the farm, but there's nothing hooked up.
by Adam Carter 4:43 PM

Now we're moving to October. Hayley says on that day she and her partner put the two parts of the barrels together to see how they'd fit. This was done at a police forensics building.
by Adam Carter 4:44 PM

Now we're seeing the rusted barrel with the four feet on it, in an upright position.
by Adam Carter 4:46 PM

Now we're seeing the other piece, two two barrels welded together, stood up next to it.
by Adam Carter 4:46 PM

Now we're seeing the whole thing put together, stacked on top of itself.
by Adam Carter 4:47 PM

"They fit together pretty well. We didn't have to force it," Hayley says. Now we're seeing her on a ladder next to the thing. It looks to be about eight or nine feet tall when it's all put together.
by Adam Carter 4:48 PM

You are mistaken then. These people suspected Millard right from the get go. AM's text "What'd you do" is very telling. She never shows up again, then DM steals the same truck that TB owned the day he disappears? Did any of them call the cops? No way. They all knew something IMO.

No one is arguing that some knew of some 'missions' at the time, some afterwards, some not at all and some with suspicions but no real knowledge. We're all trying to figure this out - together?

Why'd he buy the Eliminator then and Why was he in such a hurry for it?

Well, according to the Crown in the TB trial, he bought it to facilitate killing the owner of a truck. According to this Crown, he bought to facilitate killing a girl. See the problem? Neither one has ever made complete or perfect sense. Long gap between acquisition and Tim, and negative gap between operability and Laura. I think it has to be considered that the incinerator was part of some larger parallel plan that had to do with their dealings with Iisho, the next level stuff, ruthlessness to make money, and making 100,000 a month. Maybe the "tools" he wanted to talk to Iisho about went beyond guns, and the whole thing was about contract killing or body disposal for hire or just the general ability to dispose of anything in their way. If that's the case, Laura could have been unplanned, and she ended up being the "first spliff" by happenstance, with dreams of many more spliffs to come in their empire building.

My opinion on them knowing....MS and MM were super close. So close that MS didn't want to go to the farm without her. Relationships often share secrets that they don't with anyone else. MM knows, she has to. She would have been aware of the bad blood between DM CN and LB. LB goes missing, she sees the Eliminator. You would have to DUMB beyond DUMB to not put it together. I hope she comes in and drops a bomb shell...

Millard is now cross-examining the officer.
by Adam Carter 4:49 PM

Millard asks she ever attended a 371 Riverside Drive address for the investigation. She says no.
by Adam Carter 4:49 PM

Millard now says he wants to show her four photos.
by Adam Carter 4:50 PM

We're seeing a shot of six plastic garbage cans, with a blue tarp in one of them. Millard asks if this appears to be the inside of the barn. She says yes.
by Adam Carter 4:51 PM

Millard now showing another photo of a blue tarp.
by Adam Carter 4:52 PM

Millard now says he's done, no questions. No questions from Dungey, no reexamination.
by Adam Carter 4:53 PM

That's it, we're done for the day, back at 10 a.m. tomorrow. This is my last day filling in on the trial, Shannon Martin will be back tomorrow with regular live blog and story updates. Thanks for following along with me for the last few days.
by Adam Carter 4:54 PM

Well, according to the Crown in the TB trial, he bought it to facilitate killing the owner of a truck. According to this Crown, he bought to facilitate killing a girl. See the problem? Neither one has ever made complete or perfect sense. Long gap between acquisition and Tim, and negative gap between operability and Laura. I think it has to be considered that the incinerator was part of some larger parallel plan that had to do with their dealings with Iisho, the next level stuff, ruthlessness to make money, and making 100,000 a month. Maybe the "tools" he wanted to talk to Iisho about went beyond guns, and the whole thing was about contract killing or body disposal for hire or just the general ability to dispose of anything in their way. If that's the case, Laura could have been unplanned, and she ended up being the "first spliff" by happenstance, with dreams of many more spliffs to come in their empire building.

They did not expect it to take so long to get the incinerator working.
A makeshift one was first requested. It most definitely was purchased for LB.
I don't remember the crown saying it was purchased specifically for TB. They knew at that time that it was purchased for LB but they could not give that info during TB's trial.

They did not expect it to take so long to get the incinerator working.
A makeshift one was first requested. It most definitely was purchased for LB.
I don't remember the crown saying it was purchased specifically for TB. They knew at that time that it was purchased for LB but they could not give that info during TB's trial.

As I recall it, the Crown's theory was that TB was a long planned thrill kill, and the purchase of the incinerator was part of their proof for that.

Re Laura, does anybody recall if there is any evidence that Millard contacted LB in this period? Or is the evidence that all the contact came from Laura's side on and around the 2nd and 3rd?

Editing (again) to clarify that I am wondering who or what initiated the "reconnection" - the volley of calls over the last two days of Laura's life, the ones that presumably led to the arrangement to pick her up at Kipling.

Can anyone explain the purpose of police talking about barrels? Was it the barrels used to make the homemade incinerator.?

Can anyone explain the purpose of police talking about barrels? Was it the barrels used to make the homemade incinerator.?

This does not seem to the be homemade incinerator.
I'm speculating that these may have been used for a certain hidden storage but I'm not sure. Another witness may speak to forensics done on the inside of these barrels.

You are mistaken then. These people suspected Millard right from the get go. AM's text "What'd you do" is very telling. She never shows up again, then DM steals the same truck that TB owned the day he disappears? Did any of them call the cops? No way. They all knew something IMO.

I think AM's text was a joke. Hang around with typical guys in their early 20s, everything is a joke. They couldn't be serious about something if their lives depended on it. Have fun, party, do drugs, drink, fool with women, play video games for hours, race cars, steal stuff for fun, don't care about anything or anybody that doesn't affect you. These people would never in a million years follow a true crime forum, they just don't think about things.

Reading the texts, it seems to me DM was much more serious than the rest of them, he had businesses, employees, loans. He surrounded himself with people who were irresponsible airheads, so he could be the boss.

I think AM's text was a joke. Hang around with typical guys in their early 20s, everything is a joke. They couldn't be serious about something if their lives depended on it. Have fun, party, do drugs, drink, fool with women, play video games for hours, race cars, steal stuff for fun, don't care about anything or anybody that doesn't affect you. These people would never in a million years follow a true crime forum, they just don't think about things.

Reading the texts, it seems to me DM was much more serious than the rest of them, he had businesses, employees, loans. He surrounded himself with people who were irresponsible airheads, so he could be the boss.

There is a possible interpretation of that that exchange that suggests AM may have had some romantic interest in LB, and following the 'guy code' DM asks if AM minded if he were to hook up with her. "Only way to make her *advertiser censored*" possible reference to rough sex/choking? "Joking" perhaps that that's how she died. Either way, DM(?) finishes with a serious enough "that's the last that I heard of her". It was never made clear in the media whose lines were whose in that exchange.

Who makes the decision to skip the preliminary hearing?
Is a judge involved in that?
Thanks.

Who makes the decision to skip the preliminary hearing?
Is a judge involved in that?
Thanks.

It is requested by the Crown and approved by the Ministry of the Attorney General. So no judge.

I recall reading somewhere that surplus barrels of some kind of fuel from the hangars was sent to be stored at the farm, IIRC it was actually Wayne did this. I connected it with the barrels removed by police.

Could be as simple as he didn't want to sleep on it, after what had happened. Might remind him of what he did, when he was lying on it.

Wasn't DM allergic to mould? That was the reason given for removing the truck seats from Bosma's truck. Nah.....he lived in a messy house that likely was full of mould.

Imagine if MS testifies and DM questions him. Talk about must see tv lol too bad this is not the states. I'd love to watch this whole thing.

The Mob Reporter: WHAT THE JURY SAW: Laura Babcock Trial — “Preparing Eliminator” | What was on Millard’s computers 11

[video=youtube;HAZkGiO0J0Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAZkGiO0J0Q[/video]

Imagine if MS testifies and DM questions him. Talk about must see tv lol too bad this is not the states. I'd love to watch this whole thing.

If it was in the states it would have only taken a few days, Bada Bing Bada Boom.

Why do Canadian trials take so long?

As I recall it, the Crown's theory was that TB was a long planned thrill kill, and the purchase of the incinerator was part of their proof for that.

Re Laura, does anybody recall if there is any evidence that Millard contacted LB in this period? Or is the evidence that all the contact came from Laura's side on and around the 2nd and 3rd?

Editing (again) to clarify that I am wondering who or what initiated the "reconnection" - the volley of calls over the last two days of Laura's life, the ones that presumably led to the arrangement to pick her up at Kipling.

There isn't much evidence but IIRC they were back in touch before that, according to evidence from LB's girlfiend.

Whose burgundy Cadillac is that with Marlena in Mob Reporter part 11? Didn't Isho have a caddy he wanted to sell or is that Michalski's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam