Found Deceased MD - David Gipson Smith, 28, Howard County, 6 Aug 2017

According to David’s mother someone reported a possible sighting and is looking for people close that can check it out.

Is there anyone willing to take a few people to the Landis Ave. Shop Rite and hand out flyers and take a look around. We have had 2 people say they think they saw him.. Of course we know it may or may not be him but
worth a run down to look around.. Contact Doug at church for new posters. Any time you can spare would be appreciated!!!

https://www.facebook.com/juliegipso...IunyOXu0i6LRP1h54uM5aC2kwtY0y0879uK8HdaUPwjkc

I can't seem to find the post you describe. Is it still visible to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO, It has now been deleted just like so much info there. Sorry, I don’t understand what is going on there.

I haven't been able to listen to it yet. Anyone who has, is there any new info shared in the podcast?

not much a few tiny things like not 1 single call to the tip line for the reward, girl number 2 supposedly said he wasted to “detox” at the abandoned property, girl 1 said she thought of him as a son. Just a few tiny additions here and there nothing earth shattering but worth the listen.

NO, It has now been deleted just like so much info there. Sorry, I don’t understand what is going on there.

Just saw this post regarding the Shoprite sighting and wanted to share in case you had not seen it. Hopefully it works for you. I sometimes have trouble with my FB links working for some posters. It can be found on the Missing: David Gipson Smith FB page if the link doesn't work for you.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=183427355541967&id=160234611194575

i have been lurking here since this case started and finally had to make an account to put my 2c in.

i have been an absolute wreck over this case as it hits way too close to home, literally and figuratively. i live about a mile away from this property in Woodbine for one. Secondly i have 4 brothers who all struggle with addiction, one of whom is no longer with us.

About 10 years ago my family was in a very similar situation with my older brother and an investigation went on for 10 months before he finally decided that come off his drug binge and come back to my family for help. This entire time my brother had no clue he was a missing persons case and didn’t think anyone was looking for him. So on one hand part of me wants to believe this could be similar.

On the other hand, my baby brother passed away on Christmas Eve 6 years ago, he struggled with addiction, was sober for 2 years and came home on Christmas Eve and did the amount he would have done two years ago, he died almost instantly. So part of me knows how possible this is.

On another note. We have quite a good amount of abandoned houses in this area especially the more you head away from town, they are known to be where people go to use drugs

i have been lurking here since this case started and finally had to make an account to put my 2c in.

i have been an absolute wreck over this case as it hits way too close to home, literally and figuratively. i live about a mile away from this property in Woodbine for one. Secondly i have 4 brothers who all struggle with addiction, one of whom is no longer with us.

About 10 years ago my family was in a very similar situation with my older brother and an investigation went on for 10 months before he finally decided that come off his drug binge and come back to my family for help. This entire time my brother had no clue he was a missing persons case and didn’t think anyone was looking for him. So on one hand part of me wants to believe this could be similar.

On the other hand, my baby brother passed away on Christmas Eve 6 years ago, he struggled with addiction, was sober for 2 years and came home on Christmas Eve and did the amount he would have done two years ago, he died almost instantly. So part of me knows how possible this is.

On another note. We have quite a good amount of abandoned houses in this area especially the more you head away from town, they are known to be where people go to use drugs

Welcome, glad to see ya. Please stay awhile we look forward to seeing more of your posts.

:greetings:
:welcome6::welcome4::wagon::welcome:

Welcome Mallymay and thank you for sharing.

I believe that David relapsed. I don't think that he left home on Saturday, August 5, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. intending to "binge" on drugs/alcohol for the weekend. Unfortunately, I believe that the company he kept in Maryland that weekend made the temptation too great and he succumbed. If he had been clean and not using (drug naive), a sudden drug overdose is very likely upon resuming drug use. One of the individuals is associated with criminal drug distribution charges in her past. I believe that David obtained the drug that killed him while he was visiting these two individuals in Maryland. This is just my own personal opinion.

LE is in a very tough position. On the one hand, this missing person (David) has sealed his fate by making his own choices. I can see why LE has a jaded view in this type of situation. There would be less crime if we had fewer drug users. But, on the other hand, the reason that LE exists is because we do have crime -- no matter what the cause might be. In drug-involved cases, they are not as committed to getting to the bottom of what happened to someone who went "missing." I can certainly understand their viewpoint. I am frustrated, and I am only a spectator.

This case reminds me of the case of the missing Chase Massner (since found deceased) -- for which there is a thread here on our revered Websleuths Site. The last known individual to see Chase, Brad Clement (arrested and now in jail awaiting trial in Chase's case), was "oh so helpful" in cooperating with law enforcement, media, family members, etc. However, ultimately, the "missing" Chase Massner was found buried under the deck of the residence owned by Brad Clement at the time of Chase's disappearance and where Chase was last known to have been seen. Even still, it cannot be proven that Clement was responsible for Chase's death, because cause of death could not be determined. Yet, in the absence of an admission of guilt, countless resources will have been expended in taking this case to trial to seek justice. The end result will fall short, in my opinion.

There was help, I'm sure, in concealing David's body. David was 6'4" and 230 lbs. Probable cause needs to be established. Otherwise, nothing will come of David's disappearance. It is probably too late for CCTV footage. So the story of the woman who had access to David's car, after he went missing, who initially claimed that she did not drive the vehicle but later admitted that she drove it to a convenience store to get cigarettes (after David "went missing"), probably cannot be corroborated fully. The information that I have had access to has come from listening to the podcasts referenced very recently on this thread. The information provided has led to my sad conclusion that David is deceased from a drug overdose.

All of this is just my opinion.

Montgomery County police are investigating the discovery of human remains found in a wooded area in Brookeville, Maryland, on Sunday.

The remains were found about 5:15 p.m. by a resident who had been walking his dogs in the 19500 block of Georgia Avenue.
Detectives believe that the unidentified person was an adult who died less than a year ago, according Montgomery County police.
https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/...nvestigating-human-remains-found-brookeville/

I should have noted Howard County (last seen) and Montgomery County (body found) are neighboring counties.

Not far from where David was last seen at all. About 15 miles... and it is straight south just about.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Bro...c29b2f92032850!2m2!1d-77.0569038!2d39.3738173

Thanks. I think this is the same uid I posted in #205 in this thread https://identifyus.org/en/cases/17128 I noticed they modified the file on 11/14/'17. Still a strange case, the head was not recovered, according to the file and they haven't been able to give a better estimate of the age?

Thanks. I think this is the same uid I posted in #205 in this thread https://identifyus.org/en/cases/17128 I noticed they modified the file on 11/14/'17. Still a strange case, the head was not recovered, according to the file and they haven't been able to give a better estimate of the age?
This new article says the body was found on Sunday. The one you're posting was found in September, right?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Montgomery County police are investigating the discovery of human remains found in a wooded area in Brookeville, Maryland, on Sunday.

The remains were found about 5:15 p.m. by a resident who had been walking his dogs in the 19500 block of Georgia Avenue.
Detectives believe that the unidentified person was an adult who died less than a year ago, according Montgomery County police.
https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/...nvestigating-human-remains-found-brookeville/
Why even bother to put a map in that article? It's just completely in the wrong place.

It's REALLY close to where David was supposedly last seen. But it's been 100 days, would there just be skeletal remains at this point?
25e9639ceba9aa67db95a326ff6d025f.jpg

This new article says the body was found on Sunday. The one you're posting was found in September, right?

My mistake...sorry..I wasn't very sharp this morning...
The body found on Sunday is interesting in relation to David. Post mortem interval would be a good thing to know.

100 days gone....its heartbreaking to read. Very good thoughts for David and his family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back