GUILTY IL - Kaitlyn 'Katie' Kearns, 24, fatally shot, Joliet, 11 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

BigCityAccountant

Reaction score
JOLIET, IL - A young woman who works as a bartender at Woody's Bar, 1008 East Washington Street, has vanished and many of her close friends are concerned about her safety.

Her friends say the 24-year-old Mokena resident worked in Joliet until around midnight on Sunday night at Woody's, but nobody has seen or heard from her since. She never made it home from work. Her Jeep has not been located. Her presence on social media is dormant.

"She was a no call no show from both of her jobs, Cafe Miele of Orland Park and Woody's of Joliet. Her phone goes right to voicemail. She has not been in contact with any friends or family and has not been on any social media."

License Plate No. Illinois ZX3 3462 or 7X3 3462 {it's hard to see in the picture at the link}

Another friend provided Patch with this photo of Kearns' Jeep, which is a 1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo. It's tan-gray with a Chicago Cubs World Series sticker on the back window, the friend noted.

Kearns stands 4-foot-11, weighs 90 to 100 pounds. She has blue eyes, she was driving the Jeep, which also has not been located. She has a warrior tattoo on her right forearm.

"She always checks in with someone. And she has her dog Cora that she loves like a child and she would NEVER leave her dog!!!

"She was supposed to work Monday at 9 a.m. at Cafe Miele of Orland Park and then she was supposed to be back at Woody's Monday night and did not show to either. She was also scheduled to open today Tuesday at Cafe Miele of Orland Park and did not show or call," Brunette-Lowry said.

The number for the Joliet Police Department is (815) 724-3100.

https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/joliet-bartender-katie-kearns-has-gone-missing-friends-say

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 776
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 766
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 761
  • Capture4.jpg
    Capture4.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 768
Curious if the Woodys Bar mentioned is a "gentlemans club"? We have one in Iowa by that name. If so it would move foul play up my list a bit.

My first thought is that she met someone to buy something from or hook up with after leaving work and that's when she disappeared.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

JOLIET, IL - A young woman who works as a bartender at Woody's Bar, 1008 East Washington Street, has vanished and many of her close friends are concerned about her safety.

Her friends say the 24-year-old Mokena resident worked in Joliet until around midnight on Sunday night at Woody's, but nobody has seen or heard from her since. She never made it home from work. Her Jeep has not been located. Her presence on social media is dormant.

"She was a no call no show from both of her jobs, Cafe Miele of Orland Park and Woody's of Joliet. Her phone goes right to voicemail. She has not been in contact with any friends or family and has not been on any social media."

License Plate No. Illinois ZX3 3462 or 7X3 3462 {it's hard to see in the picture at the link}

Another friend provided Patch with this photo of Kearns' Jeep, which is a 1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo. It's tan-gray with a Chicago Cubs World Series sticker on the back window, the friend noted.

Kearns stands 4-foot-11, weighs 90 to 100 pounds. She has blue eyes, she was driving the Jeep, which also has not been located. She has a warrior tattoo on her right forearm.

"She always checks in with someone. And she has her dog Cora that she loves like a child and she would NEVER leave her dog!!!

"She was supposed to work Monday at 9 a.m. at Cafe Miele of Orland Park and then she was supposed to be back at Woody's Monday night and did not show to either. She was also scheduled to open today Tuesday at Cafe Miele of Orland Park and did not show or call," Brunette-Lowry said.

The number for the Joliet Police Department is (815) 724-3100.

https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/joliet-bartender-katie-kearns-has-gone-missing-friends-say

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Worrisome...

I have a bad feeling with this one. Hope she's off with someone.

Curious if the Woodys Bar mentioned is a "gentlemans club"? We have one in Iowa by that name. If so it would move foul play up my list a bit.

Looking at the pictures of the bar, it is very small and is in what appears to be an old single garage gas station, that leads me to believe its just a dive bar. Places like that usually have a crowd of regulars.

traffic accident? Trying to look at some maps (making them is certainly not my forte but I am good at looking at them, lol)...

traffic accident? Trying to look at some maps (making them is certainly not my forte but I am good at looking at them, lol)...

I'll try to help out~~what points on the map do you want to reference? I also have a reporter {friend} in the area at the Patch. I'm sure he would help out as well.

Not having much luck nailing down a home address with absolute certainty. I found her brother and his address, but nothing else yet.

Women that leave bars with strangers usually never ends well.

I wonder if the bar/gas station has CCTV?

This is all quite concerning...any locals that know the area? Would a crashed car easily disappear into woods etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's a well-known outlaw bikers bar, but also has a mixed crowd of working-class folks just wanting a shot or a beer and a game of pool. It is NOT in a particularly safe part of Joliet however, crime-wise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back