Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #7 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you!!!! Full details in interview with RPD.
Sini's charge is on the endangerment side, because the intent was to return,, whereas WM's charge was for abandoning Sherin by the tree and not returning.
"This is not necessarily related to her death. It is related to the care she was being given while in that home."
"It was Wesley who told us she was ok, (alive) when they got back (from the restaurant)."
"The arrest was made today because the time had come for that arrest" meaning they had gathered the evidence and verified everything. They knew at the time of WM's 2nd arrest that they had more arrests coming, but needed to put it all together.
"Sini was cooperative in that we worked with her through her attorney to get her to come in, instead of having to arrest her in a public place"

And this is what I have been expecting and waiting for. Once again, well done Texas LE. Brace yourselves people, much more to be revealed.

Maria Guerrero says the charge stems from the day before Sherin went missing. They went out to eat, took 4 year old with, and left Sherin at home because they frustrated when she would not drink her milk!

ETA link https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1055125807963536&id=431255513683905

I honestly don't know if I'm buying this story either. Yes, they went out to eat, but, was the child alive when they left? If so, was she alive when they returned? Ninety minutes later and she's still in the kitchen?? Did this happen a day earlier and it gave them some time to plan? Either way, leaving a child behind, alone, is utterly ridiculous.

Mind-blowing that not just one, but two adults decided it was OK to leave a 3-year-old home alone. And one of those adults was an RN.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This ^ was little Sherin locked in a closet or restrained? Makes me really wonder what CPS visit earlier was all about.

RPD confirmed that the cooperation of Sini is what they explained before. The day of the report of Sherin missing, the day of the search warrants (she helped them find things), and the looking at the clothes from Sherin's body to help identify her.
During the initial interview, WM mentioned the family went out to dinner, but there was no mention of who went. That info was gathered from their research, and then confirmed by WM when he turned himself in Oct. 23.
This interview with RPD is full of details, just trying to document them for folks who can't view the video.
https://www.facebook.com/Fox4DFW/videos/vb.172530812092/10154927891037093/?type=2&theater

They gotten all the mileage they're going to get with their 'drinking the milk at all hours' story because she was malnourished. If they had really been concerned that she wasn't getting enough nutrients, they sure as heck wouldn't have left her alone while they WENT OUT TO EAT.

Leaving her alone on the 6th was the beginning of what happened to her that night. Mommy Dearest knows just as much as Dad of the Year. I hope she stays right where she's at, can't make bond, and they both get charged with the death of little Sherin.

:eek: Did NOT see that coming. (ETA: I just meant that I was losing hope of this ever happening... not that I didn't think she deserved it).

ETA: The link isn't working for me (it might just be me) but just in case it's not... https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/S...d-on-Child-Endangerment-Charge-458059503.html

No wonder she was having "feeding issues"..... They would take the older one and themselves out to dinner and leave her.

Im so furious and heartbroken I can't type any more at this point.....it would just be a lot of ranting and profanity.

I am so sorry for what Sherin had to endure at the hands of her awful parents.

I didn't post here because I wasn't sure what was going on. I have never seen a thread like this. There seemed to be so much apology going on for the mother, beyond the usual don't sleuth the victim. The assumptions and excuses for the mom seemed to be accepted as fact by some. It got to the point that I wondered if there were attorney(s) posting here, sounding out what might be accepted as a defense.. (I was told that does happen sometimes.) Just such overwhelming push back against those who implied mom might be involved. Just my perception, which could be totally wrong. JMO

I didn't post here because I wasn't sure what was going on. I have never seen a thread like this. There seemed to be so much apology going on for the mother, beyond the usual don't sleuth the victim. The assumptions and excuses for the mom seemed to be accepted as fact by some. It got to the point that I wondered if there were attorney(s) posting here, sounding out what might be accepted as a defense.. (I was told that does happen sometimes.) Just such overwhelming push back against those who implied mom might be involved. Just my perception, which could be totally wrong. JMO

I was just thinking the same thing. Where are her defenders now? JMO, MOO. The very best we can say about her is that she is a mother (small, very small, letters) and leaves a 3 year old home alone. I can't imagine what the worst will be. JMO again.

Please remember that this is what is expected here. Until charges are filed, people are treated as innocent. It isn't about supporting Sini or apologizing for her. It just isn't allowed to insinuate otherwise. Now, with charges filed, we can talk about all those things we couldn't. We can say what we were really thinking and holding our tongues on.

I honestly don't know if I'm buying this story either. Yes, they went out to eat, but, was the child alive when they left? If so, was she alive when they returned? Ninety minutes later and she's still in the kitchen?? Did this happen a day earlier and it gave them some time to plan? Either way, leaving a child behind, alone, is utterly ridiculous.

From the RPD press conference (here: https://www.facebook.com/Fox4DFW/videos/vb.172530812092/10154927891037093/?type=2&theater ) I don't get the feeling that LE believes much of their story, either. WM is the one who said she was alive when they returned.

Mind-blowing that not just one, but two adults decided it was OK to leave a 3-year-old home alone. And one of those adults was an RN.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Right? Absolutely disgusting!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What complete and utter **** these parents are. It would defy logic that this was the first time the child was left alone, and it makes me wonder what kind of abuse the poor little girl might have suffered through. At least the older child is away from them now. So flipping sad...

So many thoughts:

1) Why not arrest Sini as soon as WM told the restaurant story? Is there a plea deal for Sini being developed? In exchange for testimony against WM?

2) Is there a plea deal for WM being developed? In exchange for testimony against Sini?

3) Will Sini be allowed visitation with bio daughter if she makes bail?

4) Do these parents have any idea how much trouble a 3 year old can get into left alone in a kitchen for 90 minutes?

5) Not buying any of the milk stories, but what how many cruel ways to punish a kid for not drinking or eating?

6) Is bio daughter safe with relatives?

7) Again, why was CPS involved with family before this?

8) Dad seems to be the one delighting in the adoption of Sherrin if you have followed all the stories of the adoption. Was Mom all-in on it? Was Mom's depression long-stemming? Was she overwhelmed? Causing Dad to be overwhelmed? (Neither gets a pass, though...there is at least one murderer in that pair, in my opinion)

Just a start on my thoughts...

wow. :no:

I WISH I could say I was surprised. But it was so hard to believe that a Mom could snore through all that chaos. And it made no sense that a father wouldn't wake up his sleeping wife, WHO WAS A NURSE, if their child was dying.

How could she go out to eat and leave her 3 yr old home alone, with a blasted glass of milk? That is disgusting.

And now I am worried about the surviving daughter, still being in that family. I hope they have thoroughly vetted the family she is living with.

I've been reading at WS since 2010 (Kyron Horman.) I know what is expected and what it looks like when posters are treating an assumed victim as innocent. As I said in my post, my perception is that it was way beyond that in this case. That's my perception.

Please remember that this is what is expected here. Until charges are filed, people are treated as innocent. It isn't about supporting Sini or apologizing for her. It just isn't allowed to insinuate otherwise. Now, with charges filed, we can talk about all those things we couldn't. We can say what we were really thinking and holding our tongues on.

Battered wife or not. He's been in jail a long time now. She had plenty of time to come forward and bring the truth for Sherin. Both as evil as each other.

I dont think she was battered.
I thought perhaps at first- but once she wasnt searching for her daughter and hasnt seemed to give a crap AT ALL- nah. Doubt it.

I've been reading at WS since 2010 (Kyron Horman.) I know what is expected and what it looks like when posters are treating an assumed victim as innocent. As I said in my post, my perception is that it was way beyond that in this case. That's my perception.

I've been here a long time as well, and it's okay for our perceptions to differ. That's what makes for healthy discussion. I apologize if my statement came across as condescending or off. Among the cases I have followed, this thread doesn't stand out to me, so that colors my perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53