Possible Victim: Valerie Mack, 24, Manorville Jane Doe #6, missing 2000, found Nov 2000 & Gilgo Beach Apr 2011

attachment.php
attachment.php

Cynthia Bulmer seems to have some resemblance to Jane Doe #6, she went missing in 1998 from Lockport, NY, she was 40 years old at the time of her disappearance, weighed 110 pounds, and had a tattoo on one of her ankles, but her height is off, she was 5'9.

Previously unidentified victim of Gilgo Beach murders to be identified

Police in Long Island announced Friday they will release the identity of a previously unidentified victim of the unsolved Gilgo Beach murders.

The Suffolk County Police Department said in a statement they had positively identified the “Manorville Jane Doe,” also referred to as “Jane Doe #6," whose remains were located in Manorville in 2000 and Gilgo Beach in 2011.

It was not immediately clear when they would make the announcement, but police told ABC News it was "unlikely" anything would be released Friday or Saturday.

I almost fainted too. Unbelievable, brilliant, finally.

===
lisk_unidentified_female-696x365.jpg

Police and the FBI have positively identified the woman known as Manorville Jane Doe, also referred to as Jane Doe No. 6. Her mutilated torso was found in Manorville in 2000 and her skull was found off Ocean Parkway in 2011.

“The department announced the utilization of DNA techniques earlier this year in our ongoing effort to advance the investigation,” the department said in a statement. “Using this technology, the department has successfully identified Manorville Jane Doe.”

The department said it will release the identity on its new website, gilgonews.com in the near future.

According to Suffolk County police reports, Jane Doe No. 6 was discovered nude on November 19, 2000 at 11 a.m. by hunters in the woods. She is believed to have been left there in September of 2000. She is described as 18 to 35 years old, 5’2”, caucasian, possibly with brown hair.

The body had been cut into pieces and left in multiple plastic bags. The woman’s head, hands and leg were also reportedly in a plastic bag when police found them on April 4, 2011 on Ocean Parkway. Police released a sketch of her in September of 2011.

Suffolk Police ID Another Long Island Serial Killer Victim

Police Identify Another Gilgo Beach Victim, Known Until Now as ‘Jane Doe #6’

Gilgo Beach victim identified after decomposing remains were found nearly two decades ago | Daily Mail Online

There's got to be the possibility that this could tie in with Bittrolff, though I can't imagine the Feds were constrained by law from running the DNA they already had from Bittrolff on Doe #6. I mean, that would be just a little too stupid, wouldn't it, if they needed an OK to run tests with already in-house DNA? You never know.

It's really amazing, though, that there's been some kind, any kind, of break in this case. We knew, when we saw the belt (which I'll just guess has nothing to do with this new ID), that things were finally changing with the SCPD's Vault of Silence (or whatever). This is BIIIIIIIIIGGGGGG!!!!

I'll be hitting refresh on that page quite a bit, a page that is pretty much in existence as a CYA response to a Netflix movie, lol.

There's got to be the possibility that this could tie in with Bittrolff, though I can't imagine the Feds were constrained by law from running the DNA they already had from Bittrolff on Doe #6. I mean, that would be just a little too stupid, wouldn't it, if they needed an OK to run tests with already in-house DNA? You never know.

It's really amazing, though, that there's been some kind, any kind, of break in this case. We knew, when we saw the belt (which I'll just guess has nothing to do with this new ID), that things were finally changing with the SCPD's Vault of Silence (or whatever). This is BIIIIIIIIIGGGGGG!!!!

I'll be hitting refresh on that page quite a bit, a page that is pretty much in existence as a CYA response to a Netflix movie, lol.

BBM
I'm confused.. What was a CYA in response to the Netflix movie and by who?

The department said it will release the identity on its new website, gilgonews.com in the near future.
Short of them knowing who killed her, unless they know this girls last known acquaintances and locations and lifestyle, I don't know why they wouldn't release her identity while asking for that information in a press conference as opposed to some obscure website.

BBM
I'm confused.. What was a CYA in response to the Netflix movie and by who?

What I mean is that the Suffolk Police had nine years to start a website like this, seeking information and offering updates, but they didn't until a week before "Lost Girls" started streaming on everyone's television. The police assumed, correctly, that viewers of the movie (which doesn't exactly depict the police effort as an admirable one) would wonder what the police were actually doing to solve the case. Hence the website. Same thing, of course, with the release of the belt photo; based on their description of it as having come from a crime scene, they've had that for nine years as well.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back