CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

Since Weinstein, Here’s a Growing List of Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct
by Dan Corey

In early October, reports surfaced that movie mogul Harvey Weinstein allegedly sexually harassed or assaulted multiple women over decades.

The public condemnation of Weinstein has seemingly emboldened others to come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against celebrities — with studios, networks and major companies responding — in what some have dubbed the “Weinstein ripple effect.”

Here’s a list of high-profile men who have been accused of sexual harassment, assault or both in the wake of the Weinstein scandal...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...ng-list-men-accused-sexual-misconduct-n816546

In my honest opinion, I believe there are so many of them because it's been so pervasive that these men felt it was their right and one of the perks of their profession. It seems like they were all playing grab *advertiser censored* and now that it's finally getting the attention it's needed, all these men have to admit they've had their hand in th cookie jar, so to speak. Up until now, this was accepted behavior.

I posted earlier - why so many naked women in movies - IMO - they're just being exploited.

I wish all of the A list actresses would shave their heads and gain 50lbs in protest. God forbid they stop looking “perfect” for their high and mighty movie moguls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvey Weinstein Sued by Unnamed Actress Who Alleges Producer Raped Her

Another woman is coming forward...

An unnamed actress, who is represented by attorney*Gloria Allred, is suing both*Harvey Weinstein and his former production company, The Weinstein Company, for sexual battery, gender violence, battery, assault, negligence, negligent supervision and injuctive relief, accusing the disgraced movie mogul of masturbating in front of her in 2015 and then raping her in 2016, E! News can confirm...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/ente...tein-Sue-1698?cid=featuredent_media_weinstein

AW Anita Hill, I remember her, and what she went through. What a beautiful intelligent lady she was and still is. I know there were some who did not believe her, I believed her. I look forward to hearing her speak.

I remember her too and I remember listening to her testimony. I remember thinking something along the lines of, "Don't guys just act like this? It's gross, but it's how it is." By that time, I had had my own encounters in the workplace and thought the choice was either put up with it or leave. Anita Hill made me start to think....that NO, it does NOT have to be like this and NO, it is not right.

Recently, with men speaking up that they were also harassed and attacked, I have realized this isn't just a female issue. I honestly never thought about men having the same experience as I had as a female with sexual crap happening at work.

I'm very grateful for the people who speak out. I didn't have the guts to do it myself when it was happening to me, which is what the perps count on, of course.

jmopinion

LAPD investigates nearly two dozen sex crime cases tied to Hollywood
by Safia Samee Ali and Andrew Blankstein

Los Angeles police are investigating almost two dozen cases of alleged criminal sexual misconduct connected to multiple people within the entertainment industry, a senior department official told NBC News.

The cases involve individuals who are known publicly as well as others who have not yet been identified, the official said Friday.

Allegations span from misdemeanor sexual battery to felony rape, and in many cases, there are multiple complaints lodged against the same individual, the official said. With calls from victims continuing to roll in, the number of investigations is expected to rise...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...-dozen-sex-crime-cases-tied-hollywood-n822106

I have zero confidence in the local police to investigate this. LAPD quickly dropped the investigation into Corey Feldman's claims, and an actual investigation to name and imprison all the sexual predators in the entertainment industry would be bad for business (and the tax rolls for Hollywood.)

I'd love for the FBI to take over.

I have zero confidence in the local police to investigate this. LAPD quickly dropped the investigation into Corey Feldman's claims, and an actual investigation to name and imprison all the sexual predators in the entertainment industry would be bad for business (and the tax rolls for Hollywood.)

I'd love for the FBI to take over.

ITA. The "selective enforcement" has gone on for too long.

I posted earlier - why so many naked women in movies - IMO - they're just being exploited.

In some ways yes and in some ways no. Acting is an art, and those kind no of scenes are a choice, hopefully. It's about consent, willingness. If a woman actress wants to do a nude scene, that's her perogative, it's her choice. It also doesn't give anyone the right to molest or grope her outside of her consensual work. IMO

The mogul used money from his brother and elaborate legal agreements to hide allegations of predation for decades

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-secret-settlements

“I didn’t even understand almost what I was doing with all those papers,” she told me, in her first interview discussing her settlement. “I was really disoriented. My English was very bad. All of the words in that agreement were super difficult to understand. I guess even now I can’t really comprehend everything.”

She recalled that, across the table, Weinstein’s attorney was trembling visibly as she picked up the pen. “I saw him shaking and I realized how big this was. But then I thought I needed to support my mom and brother and how my life was being destroyed, and I did it,” she told me. “The moment I did it, I really felt it was wrong.”

Weinstein used nondisclosure agreements like the one Gutierrez signed to evade accountability for claims of sexual harassment and assault for at least twenty years. He used these kinds of agreements with employees, business partners, and women who made allegations—women who were often much younger and far less powerful than Weinstein, and who signed under pressure from attorneys on both sides.

Weinstein also hid the payments underwriting some of these settlements.

Amid the staggering revelations of alleged (and admitted) sexual misconduct in the entertainment industry, studio heads and creatives have been scrambling to scrap, sell, or stitch together films and TV shows that are now tainted by their association with accused industry figures. No instance of this damage control is as infamous as Ridley Scott’s decision to completely cut out Kevin Spacey from the already finished All the Money in the World, replace him with Christopher Plummer, and still have it ready for its December 22 release. In order to make sense of an increasingly chaotic film and TV world, we’ve compiled all of the projects and programs that have been affected by allegations of sexual assault and harassment since Harvey Weinstein, organized by those who stand accused and the chronology of the accusations.

List at link below:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/12/sexual-misconduct-allegations-all-films-shows-altered.html

Harvey Weinstein, Weinstein Co. Face Class-Action Racketeering Lawsuit Over Sexual Harassment

The mountain of litigation stemming from allegations of sexual harassment and assault against Harvey Weinstein continues to grow. On Wednesday, six women filed a proposed class-action lawsuit in federal court in New York against the disgraced film producer and his former companies, claiming that the system that exposed them to harassment from Weinstein was akin to organized crime.

“Harvey Weinstein is a predator. Bob (Weinstein) knew it. The board knew it. The lawyers knew it. The private investigators knew it. Hollywood knew it. We knew it. Now the world knows it,” the plaintiffs said in a joint statement. The six plaintiffs are: Louisette Geiss, Katherine Kendall, Zoe Brock, Sarah Ann Masse, Melissa Sagemiller, and Nannette Klatt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back