GUILTY CA - Gabriel Fernandez, 8, tortured to death, Palmdale, 22 May 2013

So - is the jurors deliberating yet??!!

TIA!

So - is the jurors deliberating yet??!!

TIA!

No. Next week the defense will have a chance to speak about why they believe Isuaro should not receive the death penalty. I think it will be over by the end of next week.

Thanks a bunch LaborDayRN! :wave:

So thinking they were dark on Friday? No news on when the jurors are going to start deliberating?

TIA! :wave:

LaborDayRN - so is the jurors deliberating yet??!!! :waiting:

TIA! :wave:

Co-worker calls killer of Gabriel Fernandez, 8, ‘extremely kind, sensitive and careful’

http://www.dailynews.com/2017/12/04...andez-8-extremely-kind-sensitive-and-careful/

LOS ANGELES - Onetime co-workers of a Palmdale man convicted of the torture-murder of his girlfriend's 8-year-old son testified today that the man they knew was compassionate, kind and worth saving rather than condemned to death.

Yea, right!!! :maddening: He sure showed his compassion and kindness to Gabriel!!!

So - since the Defense is presenting witnesses, I take it won't be long for closing, jury instructions and then deliberations!

:judge:

Due to the horrible fires in So Cal, the court will be dark today (no hearing). Closing arguments will start Monday 12/11/17. We're almost there!

The fires are devastating. A state of emergency has been declared. Several new fires have broken out. It's heartbreaking to watch.

Oh - I've seen the fires on CNN World News and on my FB pages! Unbelievable!! :eek:

I used to drive the 405 right where the fires near Getty Museum is!

and Thanks so much for the update (again!) LaborDayRN!

for today:

Monday, December 11th:
*Closing Arguments/Jury Deliberates @ 8:30am PT (Day 9) - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 22, 2013) - Isauro Aguirre (32), BF of Pearl Fernandez (29) ("mom") accused of 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP Dark on Fridays Penalty phase should last 1 or 2 weeks // "mom" court date set for mid November, no actually "date" set.State rested their case on Fri. Nov. 3rd; Defense began 11/6. Tuesday's (11/7) hearing ended early because the defense simply ran out of witnesses. The trial resumed on Monday (11/13) State & Defense gave closing arguments; jurors started deliberations on Tuesday 11/14. GUILTY! of 1st degree murder with special circumstance of torture on Nov. 15th. Penalty Phase began Nov. 27th Due to the horrible fires in So Cal, the court will be dark today 12/6 & 7 (no hearing). Closing arguments will start Monday 12/11/17.

:judge:

Jury is still out deliberating. I'll post as soon as I hear something! :desert:

A prosecutor told jurors Monday that the death penalty was the “only appropriate and just punishment” for a Palmdale man convicted of the torture-murder of his girlfriend’s 8-year-old son, while a defense attorney pleaded for mercy and warned the panel about dehumanizing his client.

“There is nothing worse in our society than a grown man murdering and torturing an innocent little boy,” Hatami told the panel.

Then he set a large photo of Gabriel, with a small smile on his face, on an easel in front of the jury box.

https://mynewsla.com/crime/2017/12/...asking-for-revenge-we-are-asking-for-justice/

Warning!! Graphic!! But sadly true.

Hatami imagined the “helplessness and hopelessness” Gabriel must have felt, reminding jurors of testimony that the boy was forced to sleep in a small wooden cabinet with his hands tied behind his back and his ankles handcuffed.

“Stuffed in that box … cold, afraid, lonely, hungry, probably hard to breathe,” the prosecutor said. The boy “defecated and urinated in that box” and “even was force-fed his own vomit. The defendant broke Gabriel’s spirit.”
https://mynewsla.com/crime/2017/12/...asking-for-revenge-we-are-asking-for-justice/

Warning again. Sorry guys.

The prosecutor recalled all the abuse Gabriel suffered, reminding jurors “his emaciated little body had nine metal BBs in it … a lacerated liver, a fractured skull, whip marks on his back … unimaginable pain and suffering at the hands of the defendant.

After silently showing two minutes of photos of Gabriel in happier times, Hatami closed with an empty screen.

“This, ladies and gentlemen, is what’s left of Gabriel … he’ll never graduate from elementary school or junior high or high school …. he’ll never know the feeling of a first crush … or be a father,” Hatami said. “Show the defendant the exact same mercy he showed Gabriel. Remember, we are not asking for revenge, we are asking for justice.”

It appears there will be no verdict today. I will be away from my computer all day tomorrow. I'll try to find out what I can on my phone and post here if I'm able.

Any news on what happened yesterday LaborDayRN? I only get updates for this one like 2 days later.... anxiously awaiting.... :)

well that's weird - I didn't see your latest posts when I first came to the thread? :thinking: again - Thanks for the updates! I should have known you would have posted "something"!! So ignore my above post....

Of all the reporters in L.A. you would think one of them would cover this trial of poor little Gabriel!! No tweets anywhere! Palmdale isn't that far to go! Such a shame....

Of all the reporters in L.A. you would think one of them would cover this trial of poor little Gabriel!! No tweets anywhere! Palmdale isn't that far to go! Such a shame....
The trial is being held in Los Angeles. The jury is continuing to deliberate. No decision yet. ☹️

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back