Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're more lax with Harry as there is practically a nil chance he'd ever take the throne.

I think Harry is the spitting image of Prince Charles. They have the same eyes, nose and mouth and when he gets older and greyer that will become even more apparent, IMO. William takes after Diana.

Prince-of-Wales.jpg

I think Harry is the spitting image of Prince Charles. They have the same eyes, nose and mouth and when he gets older and greyer that will become even more apparent, IMO. William takes after Diana.

Prince-of-Wales.jpg
Really? Charles on his best day would never have been called attractive. Harry is quite good looking. I always thought both boys took after Di.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think they're more lax with Harry as there is practically a nil chance he'd ever take the throne.

Very little chance, way too many people in line before him. And one would also think they learned from experience, considering Prince Charles marriage to Diana resulted in divorce and he ended up marrying the woman he presumably wanted to marry all alone, but wasn't allowed to, because she wasn't deemed "suitable" at the time.

I would love to see her run for Pres of the US

Very little chance, way too many people in line before him. .

It's a good point actually. Is there a royal protocol which prevents William and his children travelling together? Because if there was an accident and Will, George & Charlotte died, Harry would become king after Charles.

It's a good point actually. Is there a royal protocol which prevents William and his children travelling together? Because if there was an accident and Will, George & Charlotte died, Harry would become king after Charles.
Yes, there is, but it has been ignored in modern times.

EDIT: Answering my own question:

Royal protocol is that two heirs should never fly on the same flight together so that the royal lineage is protected. And, despite there being no official rule in place, heirs must still seek permission from Queen Elizabeth, who has the final say on the matter. In fact, Prince William was granted permission from the Queen to bend the rules when his son was just nine months old; Prince George accompanied his parents on a tour of Australia and New Zealand in 2014. In September 2016, the Cambridges also traveled as a family of four to Canada with Princess Charlotte. And in July 2017, the family toured Poland and Germany, boarding three flights together.

https://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/1201509037660/secrets-of-how-the-royals-travel/

EDIT: Answering my own question:

Royal protocol is that two heirs should never fly on the same flight together so that the royal lineage is protected. And, despite there being no official rule in place, heirs must still seek permission from Queen Elizabeth, who has the final say on the matter. In fact, Prince William was granted permission from the Queen to bend the rules when his son was just nine months old; Prince George accompanied his parents on a tour of Australia and New Zealand in 2014. In September 2016, the Cambridges also traveled as a family of four to Canada with Princess Charlotte. And in July 2017, the family toured Poland and Germany, boarding three flights together.

https://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/1201509037660/secrets-of-how-the-royals-travel/
If I remember correctly, Diana was the first. She insisted on taking William to ? I think it was Australia? I remember it was a huge deal at the time.

good for them the queen must be senile she doesnt know whats going on they would never let an american into their family

good for them the queen must be senile she doesnt know whats going on they would never let an american into their family

??

The Queen is far from senile and she is very aware of what is going on in the world. Can you explain more - not sure what you mean.

jmo

When is the royal wedding? Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry on May 19
by Alastair Jamieson and Alexander Smith

LONDON — Prince Harry will marry American actress Meghan Markle on Saturday May 19, royal officials announced Friday, some two years after they first met.

The couple will wed in a ceremony at St. George's Chapel, a 15th-century building on the ground of Windsor Castle, about 20 miles west of London, where Queen Elizabeth II lives for part of the year.

Friday’s announcement from Kensington Palace follows news of the couple’s engagement which was released Nov. 27...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/royal-wedding-date-announced-prince-harry-meghan-markle-n829981

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle release official engagement photos
by Alastair Jamieson

LONDON — Official portraits showing an informal and affectionate Prince Harry with his fiance Meghan Markle were released Thursday to mark the couple’s engagement ahead of their wedding next year.

The pictures were taken by New York-based celebrity photographer Alexi Lubomirski at Frogmore House, part of the royal estate at Windsor, near London...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...le-release-official-engagement-photos-n831776

I would love to see her run for Pres of the US

The actress? Really? It might help if some people in the US took politics a little more seriously than they do now. It's a serious job with a lot of responsibility, requiring someone who is well educated with relevant career experience and knowledge of US law and the Constitution.

We should never consider candidates just because they're celebrities. Celebrities would be the least qualified and least reliable of all possible candidates. POTUS is not a PR position (though some recent presidents have tried to make it such), it's a real job. The job should be done by the person elected, not by someone behind the scenes who hasn't been elected and is not accountable to the public.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle release official engagement photos
by Alastair Jamieson

LONDON — Official portraits showing an informal and affectionate Prince Harry with his fiance Meghan Markle were released Thursday to mark the couple’s engagement ahead of their wedding next year.

The pictures were taken by New York-based celebrity photographer Alexi Lubomirski at Frogmore House, part of the royal estate at Windsor, near London...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...le-release-official-engagement-photos-n831776

Well, you can tell it was taken by a celebrity photographer. Not sure I would have worn a see through blouse (cringe). But, well, she is a celebrity, so that goes with the territory. I'm not a big fan of the Kardashian lifestyle, but to each his own.

A £56,000 see through dress and an 'arty' closed eyes photo is more footballer's wives than the Royal Family. It's very naff. Come on Harry, remember your dignity!

A £56,000 see through dress and an 'arty' closed eyes photo is more footballer's wives than the Royal Family. It's very naff. Come on Harry, remember your dignity!

:welcome: to Websleuths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members