Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
we knew.......but we held on to hope. Now we hold on to justice. Let today be the day she is brought home.
Mariah, you are forever in our hearts.
So sad

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...sults&searchLastName=Kimrey&searchFirstName=A

attachment.php

Attachments

• Safari - Dec 2, 2017 at 5:15 AM.pdf
    132.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 21A61DF3-7B63-4814-8C1B-412AC1E2244E.jpg
    21A61DF3-7B63-4814-8C1B-412AC1E2244E.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,020
Kimrey*has a criminal history that dates back to 2005, a larceny conviction in Alamance County. He was given probation and a suspended jail sentence. He was convicted in Onslow County in 2012 of assault or threatening of a government official and being drunk and disorderly. He was given probation and a suspended sentence. In 2015, he was convicted of larceny, this time in Brunswick County. He was given probation and a suspended sentence.

Summary: Theft, assault plus d&d, theft.
Probation and a suspended sentence (×3).
Plus the alleged assault of the van (no charge).

How horrible! I pray that he at least tells LE where she can be found. What of the mother? How could she have not heard what was going on?

Kimrey was taken before a state magistrate and charged with:

-- Concealing of Death
-- Obstruction of Justice
-- Second Degree Burglary
-- Felony Larceny
-- Possession of Stolen Property
I believe with ,I hate saying it this way, but, with "just" the (concealing of death) ,that we are going to see murder charges on someone else.
I looked up the NC statutes for concealment of death and it doesnt make sense that he woudnt be charged with murder.
Lets remember he went to Kentucky with ONLY the 2 boys, the mother and Mariah were not in kentucky on the 23rd. I think more to come.
If they have enough for concealment of death, then why not murder??

I think they're waiting to find her first. The clock starts ticking once he's charged and he can insist on his right to a speedy trial. A lot of prosecutors prefer to wait until they have a body. Remember the Scott Peterson case...they knew he killed Laci but he wasn't arrested until the bodies of her and the baby were found.

Thank goodness LE has gotten to this point in less than a week. My heart goes out to the investigators who sorted through thousands of pounds of trash, and those who have been working tirelessly on the ground.

My theory yesterday holds up today for the most part: cadaver dogs hit on the vehicle and items were also found in the house that link Kimrey to her disappearance.

Interesting he’s not charged with murder if any sort. I suppose because they haven’t found her body.

What COULD happen: if this stretches out too long, he could be offered a plea deal for lesser charges if he leads them to the body.

I’m surprised there are no drug charges. There has to be paraphernalia at the very least in that home.

Now the question: was Mariah killed overnight Sunday into Monday (woman saw someone carrying something out of the home at 3 or 4am) or was she killed during the weekend outing we’ve been hearing about?

Kimrey was taken before a state magistrate and charged with:

-- Concealing of Death
-- Obstruction of Justice
-- Second Degree Burglary
-- Felony Larceny
-- Possession of Stolen Property
I believe with ,I hate saying it this way, but, with "just" the (concealing of death) ,that we are going to see murder charges on someone else.
I looked up the NC statutes for concealment of death and it doesnt make sense that he woudnt be charged with murder.
Lets remember he went to Kentucky with ONLY the 2 boys, the mother and Mariah were not in kentucky on the 23rd. I think more to come.
If they have enough for concealment of death, then why not murder??

The Kentucky elements you speak of: does it come from MSM or is it rumor/speculation? It’s very important to separate the two!

Only the US and a couple of third world countries still do polygraphs. If you were asked if you had killed your child, wouldn't your heart rate go up?

They are used in Europe in some countries still, but it is more often we use the CIT. (Which I bet was used in this case by the FBI as well)

She moved in with him around the beginning of August 2015

Mariah being only 3, 2 years seems long enough for ongoing beatings to cause a permanent limp, wouldn't you say? Coincidental the other toddler has one too.

I want to empathize with the mom here because I do think this relationship was abusive, but it isn't like Earl is a charmer with a great job that lured her in and then turned on her. No, I think she probably has her own addictions and caregiver failings. It was clear to me the boyfriend did this when they couldn't get the story straight about whether Mariah was clothed or not. My guess is she wouldn't stay in bed, these two wanted to be alone or were already intoxicated when Earl had enough and punished Mariah to death in her bedroom (ie I am not convinced there is any sexual motive)

Eta: post written before I saw there was an arrest.

Wanted to start with this, because it is proof that such a thing exists ("priority testing"; I am also curious to learn more about this Marine Corps transport):

"An FBI official said that during their investigation, they discovered "items of interest" and utilized the help of the Marine Corps to transport those items to Quantico for priority testing."

Items of interest from Mariah Woods case being tested at FBI Quantico
http://wlos.com/news/local/items-of-interest-from-mariah-woods-case-being-tested-at-fbi-quantico

Secondly, I want to say I was able to go back to the previous thread and catch up on some posts which I did not absorb earlier because the thread was moving so fast. I wanted to say thank you to the new member Westdad for jumping in (2 posts only) and helping with important local geographical information.

Third, it has been a pleasure reading everyone's posts, everything from discussions about DV, forgivenes, and remembering other victims who have not been forgotten.

Now to go back and catch up. Great group of folks here.

ETA: Arrest...:shakehead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members