Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that someone with a conscience at WCTI stepped in and realized publishing confidential CPS records is in no way in the best interest of a child (in this case, two minor children) and pulled the story. More likely, LE asked them to pull it. Publishing accounts of the abuse of a child can be traumatizing in itself. These poor boys lived through this, and now the entire country knows about it for absolutely no reason.

As a resident of the New Bern micropolitan area, I can tell you WCTI is a journalistic joke. They removed the link due to public pressure. It has been pulled down.

Agreed! I can only imagine how he feels, I mean really. .how has the system worked for him so far? He may have the "nothing to lose " mentality at this point, his baby girl is gone and his other children have been brainwashed against him. I wish I had the means to help him get a very good attorney to help him navigate the even more uphill battle than he has already been fighting.

Ditto. I can only imagine how I'd feel if I were in his shoes, and, well, I have a temper so I feel like I'd be doing exactly the same thing.

Dad has a case with DSS so any parent would be provided with a copy of the report. They weren't made public by DSS. But by dad.

Why would he do it? Well, no one listened to him before and now his baby girl is dead. I would say he's desperate. He wants public pressure so that they aren't "reunified" again.

That may backfire on him though. These cases are confidential and there can be penalties for releasing such info. I doubt the kids will be placed with him.

That is my concern that he's jeopardized his own chances of the boys being placed with him. I do think he's probably doing this out of pain and not any intention to hurt the boys, but he's not showing himself to be very responsible at this time. If the boys are placed with him he has to focus 100% on them, not on his anger.

The problem is that feeling on the periphery of all of this might be aggravating things and motivating him to release something like this or get on the phone to NG. If the boys had been with AW this weekend, then he probably would have found it easier to tell the media to go away, especially if he had professional victim support with him and child psychologists giving him advice on how to care for them at this terribly difficult time for them. For instance a child psychologist and victim support worker would be telling him that anything those boys reveal does not go straight to the media but to them and the DA. And if he doesn't have those people there with him and giving him that advice it's a bit twisted that he's probably going to be expected to be behaving as though he did...yet I do expect that the court won't take that into consideration.

And I am not saying he *should* have the boys with him, he does come across as if he genuinely loves them and is in a lot of pain for them and for the loss of Mariah, and if there's no good reason why he shouldn't have the boys at this time, or at some time in the future, then I do hope it can happen. They need to know they haven't been abandoned willingly by their dad on top of all of this stuff with their mom and the loss of their sister in such a horrible way, and I think they deserve to know him if he hasn't done anything bad to them.

I imagine the media are waiting for any updates of that nature and would release such an update within about ten seconds of the news getting out.

All they have to do is write a Breaking News headline and then push it for publication the second a LE officer tells them it's fact.

I don't know if this is true everywhere but here in my county in NJ once a person is at the county jail you can look their name up on the county inmates website. I found the site the first time be putting into Google: "Burlington County Inmates" and it brought the link up for my county jail.

Another resource would be VineLink, they have state prisoners listed there and a good number of county inmates.

Did I just read here earlier somewhere (this thread is flying ) that before they moved to the trailer in August that they lived on High Hill Rd.?

OMG its 2am here! I'm off to bed and I hope to wake up to news of new charges! That's if I can sleep.
I know right! Got off work at 11pm, thought I'd try and catch up a bit while the kids uniforms washed and next thing I know it's 2am and I have to be up at 6

Sent from my LG-M250 using Tapatalk

Dad has a case with DSS so any parent would be provided with a copy of the report. They weren't made public by DSS. But by dad.

Why would he do it? Well, no one listened to him before and now his baby girl is dead. I would say he's desperate. He wants public pressure so that they aren't "reunified" again.

That may backfire on him though. These cases are confidential and there can be penalties for releasing such info. I doubt the kids will be placed with him.

My thoughts exactly. AW is doing a passive-aggressive thing I see a lot of people doing here in NC. He's trying to push the issue to get the 'law' to move faster, either to ensure that he gets custody of the boys, and/or to get them to arrest his ex-wife/charge someone with the murder.

Hope it doesn't backfire when he goes to his custody hearing later this week.

I don't know if this is true everywhere but here in my county in NJ once a person is at the county jail you can look their name up on the county inmates website. I found the site the first time be putting into Google: "Burlington County Inmates" and it brought the link up for my county jail.

Another resource would be VineLink, they have state prisoners listed there and a good number of county inmates.

Onslow County is currently offline with Vinelink.

Did I just read here earlier somewhere (this thread is flying ) that before they moved to the trailer in August that they lived on High Hill Rd.?

Yes it was stated in an article.

I think it's safe to say that LE will be sharing minimal information with bio dad now.

My thoughts exactly. AW is doing a passive-aggressive thing I see a lot of people doing here in NC. He's trying to push the issue to get the 'law' to move faster, either to ensure that he gets custody of the boys, and/or to get them to arrest his ex-wife/charge someone with the murder.

Hope it doesn't backfire when he goes to his custody hearing later this week.

Well exactly, if (from his perspective) these allegations have effectively been ignored once, of course he wants to do everything to ensure it's not ignored again. Of course he's going to read that report and want more charges brought asap.

It's not the best way to go about it, but I do feel that it's understandable.

I'm thousands of miles away and just an onlooker, I can step back and say this isn't a good idea and that LE and the DA will get the report and take care of any more charges that need to be brought, and CPS is now going to be under extra scrutiny and will make a better decision this time (which might not be him anyway), but he's raw with all these emotions and desperation, you can't expect him to be able to stand back and look at this objectively and rationally, at least not without a lot of help.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the details contained in this apparent CPS report. Maybe y'all can give me some insight.

According to the report, the boys said that EK was SA'ing Mariah and that he was physically abusing the boys. Apparently, bio-mom was aware of this abuse, as noted by the case worker in the report.
Now, it sounds like CPS was abundantly aware of this abuse happening. There were apparent eyewitnesses and physical evidence of abuse, all of this noted in the case workers report.

Now. If this report is legitimate, how on earth did CPS put those children back with KW? I mean, what was their reasoning? I get that a case falls through the cracks but this is Jacksonville, NC. I can't imagine they have enough cases in that little town that their caseworkers are overworked to the point that they would return children to a situation that dire.

I dunno. This whole thing with this report just isn't sitting right with me. Hopefully LE can clear some of this up and we can get the unfiltered facts of this case.

Mom had better be arrested soon. LE has to believe all of what the boys said if they believe any of it, imo...didn't they also say she was there?

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the details contained in this apparent CPS report. Maybe y'all can give me some insight.

According to the report, the boys said that EK was SA'ing Mariah and that he was physically abusing the boys. Apparently, bio-mom was aware of this abuse, as noted by the case worker in the report.
Now, it sounds like CPS was abundantly aware of this abuse happening. There were apparent eyewitnesses and physical evidence of abuse, all of this noted in the case workers report.

Now. If this report is legitimate, how on earth did CPS put those children back with KW? I mean, what was their reasoning? I get that a case falls through the cracks but this is Jacksonville, NC. I can't imagine they have enough cases in that little town that their caseworkers are overworked to the point that they would return children to a situation that dire.

I dunno. This whole thing with this report just isn't sitting right with me. Hopefully LE can clear some of this up and we can get the unfiltered facts of this case.

This leaked report appears to be a fresh one that's been made since Mariah's disappearance. We don't know the contents of past reports before the children were placed back with KW.

But we don't know the boys were returned to the mom after Mariah disappeared, do we? I thought they were with their grandmother??

jmo

I can't find anything on the news about the cps report. Can anyone provide links? Tia

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My lurking status didn't last long :(
All these incidents are confusing me time wise but the abuse allegations came out after Mariah was reported missing I believe. LE could have tipped off social services during the initial investigation and legally LE is a mandatory abuse/neglect reporter. During the beginning days of the investigation I am assuming the boys were placed with a relative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998