Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is NOT a mentally ill person.
Mental illness alone and not working don't equal unreliable.
This stereotype is plain wrong.

This stereotype confuses credibility with reliability. You can be credible but unreliable, and seemingly not credible but reliable.

Such stereotype is harmful for victims too. People with mental illness are more likely to be abused and less likely to be believed https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2894717/

Feeding such stereotype for assessing evidence is unacceptable on a place claiming to be "victim friendly".
The two are incompatible.

I refuse letting such stereotype go without firmly voicing that it is wrong, wrong, wrong.

A credible witness can be plain wrong, no matter the degree, work history and not diagnosed with mental illness.

I just listened to this case on Buzzfeed unsolved. My gut feeling is that M's story is the truth.

So do I.
She seemed to know things that weren't released by LE.
And what she said she knows seems to corroborate with the info LE has as well.

IMO

Thank You for telling me this.How would this be going in the direction of my conviction in the case?

Thank You for telling me this.How would this be going in the direction of my conviction in the case?

If I'm not mistaken, your theory is that the boy was traveling with a man in his 40s and that there was a man found deceased in the same proximity who had significant scar tissue from burns. You thought they may be connected. I was looking at significant fires in the area during that time period and came across that one. Googling, there are a few others. If that wasn't you that was looking at this, I apologize. Someone Propounded this theory.

Oh no.Thank You very much for telling me.It's a very good lead you have.I had put that at first in my post about the man with scar tissues on his face and then edited it out of my post because I did not know if that is what you meant.I'm sorry.I tried to find out more on that fire and I couldn't find much.I wonder who the people were that were injured in that fire.May I please ask you.What were the other fires?​

If I'm not mistaken, your theory is that the boy was traveling with a man in his 40s and that there was a man found deceased in the same proximity who had significant scar tissue from burns. You thought they may be connected. I was looking at significant fires in the area during that time period and came across that one. Googling, there are a few others. If that wasn't you that was looking at this, I apologize. Someone Propounded this theory.

Has anyone heard any updates on him? I care about him very much.I hope and pray LE does an update on this poor liitle boy soon.Very sad.

Merry Christmas little one.I pray we find out who you are soon.

Happy New Year sweet little one.I pray this new year is the year we find out who you are and your real name.

May I please bump him up.He is always in my prayers to find out who he is.Very sad.Hopefully LE will do a update on him soon.

Without a massive effort to compare his DNA to every DNA sample currently cataloged and then some, we'll likely never know beyond what we think we know now, and that isn't much.

At 60+ years since his discovery in that bassinet carton (which was purchased at a JCPenney in my home town some years before I was even born), it is sad to realize this cold case might likely remain cold through to the end of the universe.

LE should release all information in the case... *all* of it, while there's still a possibility the information might trigger memories in someone who might be able to piece things together.

At this point, what's there to lose?

My hunch is that the Boy in the Box was in a situation similar to that of Dennis Jurgens. Note that Dennis was tortured and murdered while neighbors, relatives and especially the useless wimp of a father did nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Dennis_Jurgens

I suspect BITB was initially living in a better place and that's where he received the medical procedures noted at autopsy, but then he was sent to live with someone else. That said, I have always had doubts about Mary and Jonathan. There are too many things in her story that don't add up.

I also think that BITB wasn't actually from Fox Chase or even from Philadelphia. New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and even New York aren't far away. I wonder if he was murdered perhaps a week earlier and dumped in a remote location far from home.

I also think the Penney's bassinet box is a complete red herring. The killer probably found it at the scene or left on a curb with someone's trash.

I think the most important piece of evidence could be the corduroy cap. We know that it was made and customized in South Philadelphia, 16-20 miles from Fox Chase (depending on route). When found, it was stuffed with tissue paper. Why? It was an average sized men's hat, so was it supposed to fit a smaller head? The boy's head? The whole hat mystery baffles me.

What does everyone else think?

I was able to stop by the discovery site last weekend and pay my respects. Very happy to see the memorial being well taken care of by kind souls.

BiB 1a.jpg

BiB 2a.jpg

He is still in my prayers to find out who he is.I care for him very much.I pray he is Identified one day soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley