OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mayhill and State Route-348 busts are connected, too, it read, and the Rte-348 bust was near the Pike County Line. It was the smaller of the two that was "just a short distance from where the Rhoden family were murdered three months prior." (I had my dates confused in my earlier post.)

http://local12.com/news/local/adams-county-shuts-down-massive-pot-grow

I have not seen anything else, news wise, about the Eurys. I'd have thought that the news folks would have been there, reported, on court day. Maybe I'm just overlooking it. This was a major grow op. Nothing like anything I've ever seen. He and the wife were in construction so he had the equipment.

I know we have discussed this before, but does anyone else think that all these issues may connect in some way? Wasn't Reader assigned as the leader of a Drug Task Force by Junk in 2014? (may have year wrong). Could all of this have started from there? It seems to me, as they continue to "bust" people on a lot of drug issues and stolen items, they also continue to cover them up. Could the Rhoden's have somehow been involved in "helping" LE in these matters and have gotten "found out" and murdered? By helping "the powers that be" could the Rhoden's have been used to show others they better keep their mouths shut, or they will become the next casualties?

Good point. Whomever came after them the night of the murders was someone they didn't expect. Perhaps people they didn't know or know very well. But whomever it was, they knew the Rhodens, their habits, where they lived and slept, the weapons they did have, etc. What caused them to be "off guard", I wonder? Was there some reason why they thought the people they had been fighting with in weeks prior were not a threat at that time? Were there usually a lot of gossip, texts, etc. that warned them when the local folks were coming over for a fight? If so, the local grapevine must have been quiet the night of the murders.

Could some of their so called friends have "set them up" by telling the "higher ups" or suppliers of whatever, that they were talking? That certainly would have taken care of the "Rhoden problem" for a lot of people they were having "problems" with.

Didn't LE backtrack on some of those grow operation claims? But then, I guess it is hard to discredit their claims with no evidence either way. Not one pot plant leaf was ever shown much less a grow operation. The only evidence we have of pot is DS's comment about a flat of plants found in the garage AFTER he found KR dead. That has never made sense, either...
D

Could there have been "harvested" product bundled and ready to go? Maybe he could have been checking to see if it was still there? Wasn't the time of the murders around some kind of "pot holiday" or something like that?

I agree to the extent that someone close to them was part of the team of people who planned the attack and killed them. But, unless the Rhoden's close friends and family were experienced, professional killers, its difficult to see how they pulled off this crime. As the retired DEA agent said at the beginning of the investigation, this was a professional hit job.

Could "Hunters" also qualify as professional killers?

All of those used to be legal in the U.S., too, including LSD, the Psilocybin Mushrooms (shrooms), MDMA (ecstacy), Opium, and even Methamphetamine (it was used to treat depression and alcoholism, and I've read it was given to our troops in WWII to keep them alert).

It seems every time our gov't declares "war" on something, it never gets better. All that they did when they outlawed Opium, Heroin, Cocaine, and the other drugs, made from plants, was to make Big Pharma copies, for which doctors could write scrips, and if one were likely to develop an addiction from the outlawed ones, they were just as likely to develop an addiction from the new Big Pharma copies. I agree, weed should be legalized across the board. You cannot o.d. off of weed. It has health benefits and very low risks. Putting it in a class equal to Heroin is ludicrous. Until this Fentanyl has started arriving from overseas, alcohol has killed more people each year than any of the banned drugs, and any of the opiates that Big Pharma has rolled out. However, cocaine and heroin dealers aren't likely to have lobbyists.
I totally agree with your statements! "Healthcare" has become more "big business" than true caring.

Sorry for so many posts! I've had this stupid virus for a couple of days and haven't been on here. You guys have raised a lot of good questions and I have enjoyed the discussions, of which we haven't had much of lately. Please continue!!!!

BBM

I agree the R's were fighters. As the old saying goes they "would fight at the drop of a hat" and they would sometimes drop that hat themselves.

But they were not killers. Since most of us project our own behavior onto others they would never have expected anyone they were related to or were friends with to be killers either. So yes they knew there might be trouble. A good old fashioned fight that they had a good chance of winning. So in a sense you are right. They were blindsided. Because they underestimated just how far their opponents were willing to go to win the fight.

I think that who ever killed them was close to them. They knew them well enough to know their habits, where security cameras were, knew the dogs ect. There is no way a Mexican drug cartel, or any drug cartel could have known that. Or any stranger for that matter.

Yes they could have been watching and maybe put together a pattern of movements by the family. But those security cameras could have been installed years ago. Even if they were installed just a few weeks before it would have been impossible for anyone lurking around watching the homes to see all the places they were installed. Remember this was a rural area. No buildings across the street or down the road to hide behind and watch the family. No where to hide that the dogs would not have found you and alerted the family to your presence. And any strange vehicle parked for any length of time would have been noticed and checked out. Even if you hid in a tree the dogs would have sniffed you out.

I just don't see a stranger as the killer. It was too remote an area for a stranger to be able to watch the family close enough to not only know all their habits, (when they worked, what time they were home, when they went to bed, ect,) but also know where all the security cameras were. This just was not a area where you could park in a car and watch the comings and goings of the family members.

For someone to know all that it had to be a close friend or family member. Maybe even someone who helped install all those security cameras.
I agree with you about the Rhoden's. I think they thought they were ready for anything.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I've been curious all along what the Feds are gaining with the states legalizing pot, recreational or medical. All transactions are cash. They can't use banks unless something has changed. How are the feds taxing the income? How would they know all income is being reported with cash only transactions? Can the feds suddenly shut it all down and confiscate everything? What a can of worms this is turning out to be...
I

The states benefit from the taxes and the shops must also must pay federal taxes, unless that has changed. If the feds want to shut their shop down, they can. I know that during the last presidency, the funds for them to go after those states, was kind of restricted, as in, just leave them be, idk if that's been rolled back, yet, or not, but I feel that it will be.

Edit:
Marijuana Businesses Pay Super High Taxes to US Gov't

https://qz.com/963873/marijuana-businesses-pay-super-high-taxes-to-the-us-government/

I have never understood the size or shape of that barn if it was to be used for working on or storing cars. I thought maybe it was a prefab that was bought cheap because it didn't sell. Then I wondered if it was "gifted" or financed by someone to be payed off from it being used for a grow operation and CR1 backed out of the agreement for some reason after it was built... That would bring about some hard feelings. Not only are they not getting paid back, they are not getting product and CR1 has knowledge of their operation and people involved....

It reminds me of one of those barns that has that smaller portion left opened. Farmer's use them to drive equipment up under the awning, store rolled bales, etc... They just decided to wrap theirs, for additional space.
Sort of like on the side of this barn:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Y2-DJB-Applewood-JohnsonCity-TN.jpg
    Y2-DJB-Applewood-JohnsonCity-TN.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 167
And, don't forget they were going after Dana for taxes on some of those cars she had sold.

I had not heard that. She was selling most of them under Scioto Trading Company, iirc.

I know we have discussed this before, but does anyone else think that all these issues may connect in some way? Wasn't Reader assigned as the leader of a Drug Task Force by Junk in 2014? (may have year wrong). Could all of this have started from there? It seems to me, as they continue to "bust" people on a lot of drug issues and stolen items, they also continue to cover them up. Could the Rhoden's have somehow been involved in "helping" LE in these matters and have gotten "found out" and murdered? By helping "the powers that be" could the Rhoden's have been used to show others they better keep their mouths shut, or they will become the next casualties?

I've wondered if they were working with LE, b/c of a bust, and someone didn't want to do time. Idk, it just seems really personal to me. I guess, depending on who they were ratting on, it could be very personal.

Could there have been "harvested" product bundled and ready to go? Maybe he could have been checking to see if it was still there? Wasn't the time of the murders around some kind of "pot holiday" or something like that?

I don't think so, iirc he specifically said, a "tray" of plants. I think KR was getting the seedlings, or possibly clones, raised up to set out, in the wooded areas. KR may have had an indoor grow but I do not really see any building on KR's lot that would be suitable for growing over a handful of plants. The lights require a good amount of juice and the plants, when maturing, need a little bit of space between each other.

I agree with you about the Rhoden's. I think they thought they were ready for anything.

I agree, but I don't think they thought they needed to be ready. If their guard wasn't down, I feel that CR1 would have been at the trailer with DR, and the kids, instead of at the trailer with GR.

I agree, but I don't think they thought they needed to be ready. If their guard wasn't down, I feel that CR1 would have been at the trailer with DR, and the kids, instead of at the trailer with GR.
I was just saying that they thought they could handle anything that came their way. I don't think they had a clue about what was going to happen. I have a question about the three year old. Are we allowed to discuss what he may have seen?

I had not heard that. She was selling most of them under Scioto Trading Company, iirc.

I think the state wanted something like 400.00-500.00 from her. I remember seeing it, but can't remember where.

I don't think so, iirc he specifically said, a "tray" of plants. I think KR was getting the seedlings, or possibly clones, raised up to set out, in the wooded areas. KR may have had an indoor grow but I do not really see any building on KR's lot that would be suitable for growing over a handful of plants. The lights require a good amount of juice and the plants, when maturing, need a little bit of space between each other.

I'm beginning to think that the Rhoden's did have some kind of underground grow somewhere. It could have been under a barn, or any of the "out buildings" around all those properties. Remember, KR was a utility worker. Trained in electrical, could he have somehow had the knowledge to by-pass power to an underground grow, without drawing attention of that usage by the electric company, thus not drawing attention of LE? JMO.

I think KR inherited his "green thumb" from his father Clarence. We had read that the family had to have a huge garden to feed the huge family. After all, MJ is a plant. Most so called "hillbillies" might not be what people would call "book smart", but when it calls for taking care of their family are way beyond their years. When me and my grandparents where out walking about, my grandma could name every plant, tree, bush, flower, etc, in the woods/wild. It amazed me how self sufficiant (sp) they were. But she was brought up in the hills where "store bought" things were either not available or affordable. IMO, this is how the elder Rhoden's were brought up to, and taught their children those ways. There's a lot of pride in hill folks for doing things on their own, and sometimes "people" don't walk a perfect "straight and narrow". When it comes to their family, some see it as "It's my land to do with as I see fit". JMO

Unless CR was at the trailer with GR "guarding" whatever he thought they might be coming after. He may have considered something in the trailer with GR as being in more danger than DR and kids.

I feel there is no way CR1 ever thought someone would go after his ex wife and kids. I think if he did perceive a threat, it was more a threat of someone taking something in the trailer with GR, so therefore he decided to stay there to make sure it wasn't taken.

Most of us, even if we were in an altercation/fight with other people would ever dream those opponents would kill our entire family. Not even if it was over drugs. We might expect that if we crossed someone over drugs ect. that those we crossed might come after us and kill us, but not our entire family.

Remember, we have no way of knowing if something was missing from any of the trailers.

Unless CR was at the trailer with GR "guarding" whatever he thought they might be coming after. He may have considered something in the trailer with GR as being in more danger than DR and kids.

I feel there is no way CR1 ever thought someone would go after his ex wife and kids. I think if he did perceive a threat, it was more a threat of someone taking something in the trailer with GR, so therefore he decided to stay there to make sure it wasn't taken.

Most of us, even if we were in an altercation/fight with other people would ever dream those opponents would kill our entire family. Not even if it was over drugs. We might expect that if we crossed someone over drugs ect. that those we crossed might come after us and kill us, but not our entire family.

Remember, we have no way of knowing if something was missing from any of the trailers.

Your "most of us" statement almost confirms it was over something else other than drugs. That line of thought makes me think that although there may have been only a couple of killers, there may have been quite a few others who got different stories about the family passed around. Could some of the rumors we hear about have been started by the people involved in the actual murders? Some of the theories passed around on here have been that the murderers "staged" the crime scenes. I think AG elluded to that when he said these murders were "well-planned". I think that some "rumors" may have been spread around to the families before the murders to disquise what was really going to happen. Maybe like you said , they were ready for a "fight" of some kind with the males of the family, but never dreamed it was elimination of the entire family all along. If so, I hope they get everyone involved that knew even the tinest thing about this!!!!

I'm beginning to think that the Rhoden's did have some kind of underground grow somewhere. It could have been under a barn, or any of the "out buildings" around all those properties. Remember, KR was a utility worker. Trained in electrical, could he have somehow had the knowledge to by-pass power to an underground grow, without drawing attention of that usage by the electric company, thus not drawing attention of LE? JMO.

I've gone back and looked at the flyovers from old Google Earth Maps, and the PVA, and I'm just not seeing anything underground. Maybe they liked that DR's place had a basement (iirc), but, I really don't see them putting one under her place. Nothing was found there, or at FR's, according to what we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member