Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know how LE has determined EK moved the body from the place of death? Does that mean they found where Mariah died? I’m trying to catch up but this thread is moving really fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great. So I was going back to correct KH's age that I posted but my post had been removed but the FB rumor is still here. Well, I am done with this case.
I believe the rumor is gone now. Mod was possibly working from bottom up on deletions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Great. So I was going back to correct KH's age that I posted but my post had been removed but the FB rumor is still here. Well, I am done with this case.

If there is a FB rumor please alert on that post.

We have over 12 million posts on Websleuths. It is imperative that if you see a post that violates TOS that you alert on it, please.

Remember, if you quote a post that's removed your post will be removed as well.

I have had to remove countless posts tonight. The rumor about ages had already turned into "fact" by members.

It does not take long. Sometimes a rumor is posted and by the next post, it is talked about as fact.

This is why were are picky about this rule.

Thanks for understanding.

Tricia

Do we know how LE has determined EK moved the body from the place of death? Does that mean they found where Mariah died? I’m trying to catch up but this thread is moving really fast.

25 miles away seems to imply a vehicle was used.

Has the autopsy report been released or cause of death? I haven't found either yet.

Some interesting statistics and a little psychology in this article about why men kill their girlfriend's kids. a short good read if you're interested in that sort of thing. Definitely worth reading the whole thing but posted some highlights... This article didn't talk about SES much, but I remember from research I did during grad school that low SES compounds everything....

Highlights:
Namely, these types of situations are not as isolated as they may seem... unfortunately.
:gaah:

--"
mothers' boyfriends performed less than 2 percent of non-parental childcare in single-parent households, yet were responsible for a staggering 64 percent of non-parental abuse"
not looking so good for EK here...

-- "
children more often die at the hands of their mothers than any other type of caregiver, including their boyfriends. According to 2014 statistics from the US Department of Health and Human Services, mothers acting alone were responsible for 28 percent of child abuse or neglect fatalities, as compared to 15 percent for the father acting alone, and 15.7 percent for non-parents."
Found this one interesting per the discussions in this forum about KW's level of involvement in MW's death. The cards are def. stacked against her as far as
statistics go. Not a shocker to any of us really tho, I don't think

--"
children were reportedly at the highest risk of abuse and neglect if they were living with a single parent who cohabitated with a partner. children whose single parent had a live-in partner experienced eight times the rate of maltreatment, nearly eight times the rate of neglect, and more than ten times the rate of abuse, as compared to children living with married biological parents."

--in this quote-- "step parent" is used to include live in boyfriend. "
The findings revealed that step-parents tended to commit filicide by beating and bludgeoning, unlike genetic fathers, who were more likely to shoot or asphyxiate their children. "Step-parents tended to do overkilling—beating and things that suggest anger and rage toward their stepchild,"

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/kbpmpx/why-do-men-kill-their-girlfriends-kids

She didn’t tell a friend where to find the body...it was Kristys father that knew where the body was (allegedly). Maybe her father told the Police what he knew?

Or maybe Kristy's father wants EK to take the fall? Is Kristy's father the same person who allegedly drinks too much and doesn't like AW? These are all unsubstantiated rumors, afaik. No wonder LE isn't saying anything right now.

Some interesting statistics and a little psychology in this article about why men kill their girlfriend's kids. a short good read if you're interested in that sort of thing. Definitely worth reading the whole thing but posted some highlights... This article didn't talk about SES much, but I remember from research I did during grad school that low SES compounds everything....

Highlights:
Namely, these types of situations are not as isolated as they may seem... unfortunately.
:gaah:

--"
mothers' boyfriends performed less than 2 percent of non-parental childcare in single-parent households, yet were responsible for a staggering 64 percent of non-parental abuse"
not looking so good for EK here...

-- "
children more often die at the hands of their mothers than any other type of caregiver, including their boyfriends. According to 2014 statistics from the US Department of Health and Human Services, mothers acting alone were responsible for 28 percent of child abuse or neglect fatalities, as compared to 15 percent for the father acting alone, and 15.7 percent for non-parents."
Found this one interesting per the discussions in this forum about KW's level of involvement in MW's death. The cards are def. stacked against her as far as
statistics go. Not a shocker to any of us really tho, I don't think

--"
children were reportedly at the highest risk of abuse and neglect if they were living with a single parent who cohabitated with a partner. children whose single parent had a live-in partner experienced eight times the rate of maltreatment, nearly eight times the rate of neglect, and more than ten times the rate of abuse, as compared to children living with married biological parents."

--in this quote-- "step parent" is used to include live in boyfriend. "
The findings revealed that step-parents tended to commit filicide by beating and bludgeoning, unlike genetic fathers, who were more likely to shoot or asphyxiate their children. "Step-parents tended to do overkilling—beating and things that suggest anger and rage toward their stepchild,"

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/kbpmpx/why-do-men-kill-their-girlfriends-kids

Thank you for this excellent information. And sobering, heartbreaking information.
All of our hackles automatically go up when we hear of a live-in boy or girlfriend, and here we find out for good reason....

Was gone today, and missed the entirety of Thread #7. No way will I be able to catch up, so I'm going to lurk for a while to figure out where things stand.

Would like to know where the discussion of the floor-plan of the family singlewide trailer ended up. Do we have a better idea now? Should I keep searching, or has a floorplan been found?

And has there been a discussion about the older boy's restriction from younger siblings due to his own exposure to SA? If there has, and someone could point me in the general direction of where I might find that, I would be very grateful.

25 miles away seems to imply a vehicle was used.

At this point I'm assuming that Mariah was killed close to home and transported the 25 miles to where her body was found. I doubt she was taken 25 miles to the creek and killed there. JMO.

Thank you for this excellent information. And sobering, heartbreaking information.
All of our hackles automatically go up when we hear of a live-in boy or girlfriend, and here we find out for good reason....

And to me, you get these boys, who were not killed, but beaten and grow up angry and take it to the next generation.

Sure. By training I'm a marriage and family therapist, with some general human behavior (social work type stuff) and in heart have always been interested in murder investigations and forensics. They combine well... and I'm always interested in hunting down research to support my ideas. My one worldly desire is access to peer reviewed journals. Subscriptions break the bank tho!!

I dated a man who had a 9 yo son. While I taught a 90 min class, they babysat my 7 yo daughter. My daughter told me the 9 yo boy pinned her down, covered her mouth, and blew in her nose. The father did nothing. I ended things with him then and there. I thank my lucky stars I was smart enough to end it.

So I'm wondering...there are reports of SA against the oldest son but it doesn't state by whom?

At this point I'm assuming that Mariah was killed close to home and transported the 25 miles to where her body was found. I doubt she was taken 25 miles to the creek and killed there. JMO.

Your post reminded me of another question so just jumping off from it: Did LE ever declare an actual crime scene? I know the trailer was roped off for a while and the home where the dressers were taken was investigated too but I don't recall any mention of where Mariah was killed other than the warrant stating that Kimrey moved her body after she died.

Any thoughts? Since everything from the 911 call to the search warrants appear to be sealed I guess it's all speculation but it seems to me that the home would be the first place to consider, followed by the empty house. I don't even know if any vehicles were seized. Sigh. I also don't remember seeing pics of the forensics team carrying evidence bags from either place though I may have missed it.

Yea.. Def my thoughts too... I thought they impounded their van as evidence early on anyway...

Your post reminded me of another question so just jumping off from it: Did LE ever declare an actual crime scene? I know the trailer was roped off for a while and the home where the dressers were taken was investigated too but I don't recall any mention of where Mariah was killed other than the warrant stating that Kimrey moved her body after she died.

Any thoughts? Since everything rom the 911 call to the search warrants appear to be sealed I guess it's all speculation but it seems to me that the home would be the first place to consider, followed by the empty house. I don't even know if any vehicles were seized. Sigh. I also don't remember seeing pics of the forensics team carrying evidence bags from either place though I may have missed it.

I'm pretty sure that I seem or heard somewhere that KH's van was seized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members