GUILTY FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #3 *Arrest*

The actions of the parents make people wonder what they are hiding. Makes it look worse for them and the killer

[video=youtube;F4V0QdSuX6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4V0QdSuX6U[/video]
WFLA News Channel 8
Dec 6, 2017
11 pm update

Sarah Rosario, WTSP
12:12 am Dec 07 17

"Exactly one week after Howell "Trai" Donaldson III's arrest, his parents are now in the hot seat.
"Anthony Naiboa’s dad, Casimar, told 10News they want the death penalty. In the meeting with the state attorney he said prosecutors assured the victim’s families they’d seek the toughest penalty possible.

When it comes to Donaldson’s parents refusing to testify against their son, Naiboa says they should be held accountable."

The actions of the parents make people wonder what they are hiding. Makes it look worse for them and the killer

Hey human

Considering the same lawyer has unsuccessfully used the same tactic before in another well known case, it may go nowhere (as reported by D.Sullivan, TBTimes, post upthread). It seems like impertinent noise to the prosecution's case, but what do I know?

I am still concerned about the fact that the person who witnessed the murder of Ronald Felton (the 4th murder), and who saw the killer, stated that the killer was a light skinned black man ,
the suspect HD is absolutely NOT light skinned.

I hope police can compare the bullet found in the victim Ronald Felton's body and compare it with the bullets from the other 3 victims because if it is a match to the other 3 murders then HOW come the killer of the 4th victim was light skinned ?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-may-live-among-them/?utm_term=.aba1f651998e
Published November 14
In contrast to the three earlier killings, this time police had a description of the suspect, thanks to a witness who heard a gunshot and saw someone running from the scene on foot. The suspect was described as a black male with a light complexion, about 6 feet tall, with a thin build; he was dressed in all-black clothing and had a large pistol, police said.

I am still concerned about the fact that the person who witnessed the murder of Ronald Felton (the 4th murder), and who saw the killer, stated that the killer was a light skinned black man ,
the suspect HD is absolutely NOT light skinned.

I hope police can compare the bullet found in the victim Ronald Felton's body and compare it with the bullets from the other 3 victims because if it is a match to the other 3 murders then HOW come the killer of the 4th victim was light skinned ?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-may-live-among-them/?utm_term=.aba1f651998e
Published November 14
In contrast to the three earlier killings, this time police had a description of the suspect, thanks to a witness who heard a gunshot and saw someone running from the scene on foot. The suspect was described as a black male with a light complexion, about 6 feet tall, with a thin build; he was dressed in all-black clothing and had a large pistol, police said.

I think the description of his skin was relative to what the witness believes is the norm. What if the witness was a dark skinned black man? He would then describe the perp as light skinned. Not to mention the perp was wearing all black clothing so he would appear lighter than normal. I say this because I know how people in the Bay Area talk, and I think that is why it seems to be a discrepancy MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/semi...eights-murder-suspect-to-face-judge/497308233

WTSP
11:12 PM. EST December 06, 2017

[...]
The Donaldson's attorney Ralph Fernandez said Wednesday in a separate news conference that the parents would not testify against their son.
"The critical issue is this...Call my office if you feel delighted about ratting on your children," Fernandez said. "Does that excite anyone, that prospect? And if it does, you're not my friend."
According to court filings, Donaldson Jr. was served a subpoena Monday, directing him to a testify before Warren. On Tuesday, he appeared at the state attorney’s office along with Fernandez, but refused to answer questions about his son and the Seminole Heights murders.
In Florida, there is no privileged relationship between a parent and their child. It’s on a case-by-case basis. Only five states recognize that relationship as privileged.
[...]

Accused Seminole Heights killer’s parents to tell judge why they won’t give info about son
By Amanda Ciavarri, WFLA

Dec 7 17, 11:17 am

Sarah Rosario, WTSP
8:14 am Dec 7 17
a review from last night.

https://www.facebook.com/tampabaynews/videos/vb.58608795408/10156023245795409/?type=3&theater
Court proceedings about 30 mins
notes: (very paraphrased and incomplete)
Parents' lawyer about the first 10 mins
Older Porter case 'he wasn't the lawyer when the parents did cooperate, 3 days later' (referring to DS TBT)
'what if there were discussions between them...?'
'testimony that is being elicited is about son's life or death'... (perps parents)
Prosecutor:
acknowledges the grief and distress and sorrow of the parents
Judge: sets date, Friday, Jan 5, show cause why or could choose to answer Q's before then

Complete speculation, imo.
Jmo, Mother should not have worn " prison " stripes, pink might have helped a hard look seem softer, or even blue to convey trustworthiness.
http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2017/12/7/parents_of_seminole_.html
[h=1]Parents of Seminole Heights murders suspect given time to 'show cause'[/h]
1512663838968.jpg
A judge will weigh whether Howell Donaldson Jr. and his wife, Rosita Donaldson have legal just cause for not answering certain questions posed to them by investigators. (Dalia Dangerfield, staff)

By Jason Lanning , Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, December 07, 2017, 11:23 AM

Are these people enabling or what?! Sure, maybe psychologically there is a rich explanation but that can’t explain EVER murdering four people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe this is why their son took to the streets and shot strangers. No accountability expected from his parents.

Are they exempt from immunity only towards criminal action only or including civil lawsuits against their business? Maybe why they won't say a thing.

Florida state law does not allow for parent-child privilege, which the Donaldsons' attorneys will address during the hearing, Fernandez said.

"I think it shocks the conscience of Americans to be part of a system of justice that is identical on this issue as North Korea, Cuba, Syria and Iran, where parents are compelled to testify against their children and children against their parents," he said.

��
Is this dude serious?!

I missed this quote from the defense attorney in an article from yesterday, but it sure solidifies my view that he is a grandstanding king of drama who, to this point, has been all talk and absolutely no walk. I understand the argument could be made that he's 'just doing his job'. IMO his sensational statements will not serve his clients well in the court of public opinion over time, but of course what matters is what will happen inside the court and to this point, as I alluded to, he has been all bravado.

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/father...efused-answer-investigators/story?id=51625534

Maybe this is why their son took to the streets and shot strangers. No accountability expected from his parents.

I agree. x_files, Used to have neighbors like these parents w/ a delinquent son. every time he got into trouble, and he
caused them lots of grief, the parents rallied, hired the best attorney they could find and defended the son but never, ever holding him accountable. So he'd go out and do something worse than the last time. He totalled so many cars, they'd bought for him, I lost count. I lost track of them some years back when I moved but I can't help but wonder what
type adult he turned out to be.

[video=youtube;lSj_nPhF7e4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSj_nPhF7e4[/video]
Corey Davis reports (paraphrased) 'tonight the parents' lawyer says there are other factors they'll explain to judge tomorrow.'
WFLA News Channel 8
Dec 6, 17

From today's article. Are these the 'other factors' he was referencing -- that the parents are stressed? Boo.boo.

The couple was in court on Thursday morning as their attorneys explained to Hillsborough County Judge Margaret R. Taylor what they are going through.

“The parents haven’t slept, can’t function, can’t think clearly… they feel like hostages in their home,” said the attorney, adding that the couple has been considering leaving town.

He continued,

On Thursday in court, attorney Ralph Fernandez said the parents knew when they met with investigators they wouldn’t answer questions that would lead to the execution of their son.

Okaay then. I'll take that to mean everything they say will incriminate him, prove his guilt, and they will provide all aggrivators and no mitgators, sealing his death sentence.
I appreciate their admission of guilt. MOO.

http://wfla.com/2017/12/07/accused-...tell-judge-why-they-wont-give-info-about-son/

[video=youtube;F4V0QdSuX6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4V0QdSuX6U[/video]
WFLA News Channel 8
Dec 6, 2017
11 pm update

Sarah Rosario, WTSP
12:12 am Dec 07 17

"Exactly one week after Howell "Trai" Donaldson III's arrest, his parents are now in the hot seat.
"Anthony Naiboa’s dad, Casimar, told 10News they want the death penalty. In the meeting with the state attorney he said prosecutors assured the victim’s families they’d seek the toughest penalty possible.

When it comes to Donaldson’s parents refusing to testify against their son, Naiboa says they should be held accountable."

Hey human

Considering the same lawyer has unsuccessfully used the same tactic before in another well known case, it may go nowhere (as reported by D.Sullivan, TBTimes, post upthread). It seems like impertinent noise to the prosecution's case, but what do I know?

After reading your post that Fernandez had used the same tactic previously with the person who ran over 4 children killing 2, I think it is a stall tactic. And, after thinking about it, at this point, I am fine with it. They will be seeking the death penalty and yes that has to hit hard for HED's family. I am willing to show compassion toward HED's parents. I seriously doubt they were oblivious to HED's decline into the depths of hell and I don't think their lives were perfect. But this stall tactic will give them a few weeks to pause and reflect on their son's actions and hopefully come around to answering the State's questions. I mean it's not like putting this off until January 5th is going to delay anything. The defense is going through 5,000 tips related to the case, so I think deferring the parents' questioning until after the New Year is not unreasonable. Ultimately, I don't believe anything the parents answer to will change the outcome of HED's fate. I have full confidence at this time that this case will end with a guilty verdict and the death penalty.

Flowercb
You nailed it, I think.
By refusing at first, at least they know the type of questions they will be asked so that they can be prepared and talk to each other to make sure they are answering the same way.

~

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...ight-killer-to-appear-before-court-in-january
court proceedings
notes: very paraphrased and incomplete
'tossing of the privileges'
(reference to Penn Ave, most anger most vulnerable)
(total speculation in gray hmmm did somebody toss something off a bridge, anyone's phone ping near a bridge?)
Threshold questions, chapter 90,
What if there were spousal "privileges" that need to be over..., discussions between them observations, formulated opinions unfounded in medical evidence of any sort that they discussed.

From today's article. Are these the 'other factors' he was referencing -- that the parents are stressed? Boo.boo.

He continued,

Okaay then. I'll take that to mean everything they say will incriminate him, prove his guilt, and they will provide all aggrivators and no mitgators, sealing his death sentence.
I appreciate their admission of guilt. MOO.

http://wfla.com/2017/12/07/accused-...tell-judge-why-they-wont-give-info-about-son/

My eyes were rolling as I read this article. Their actions have to be like pouring salt on an open wound to the victims' families.

As far as not being able to function, they have 2 other children I believe and they cannot stop functioning because those children deserve to have functioning parents. They also have a business to run. Suck it up buttercups! He's not a baby. HED is a 24-year-old young man who murdered 4 people. I will save my tears for the victims' families.

The State's Attorney wants to question the parents about "the son’s background, developmental history, mode of transportation, gun possession and state of mind." If "life" was perfect and things with HD were all hunky-dory, what is there to hide... either on the parents' part or their son's behalf? If they don't believe he is a person is capable of these murders and it is completely against his character, why not proclaim his innocence. Why not declare it. Why not cooperate with the investigation if "LIFE WAS PERFECT" and answer the questions about his background or history or if asked about specifics like gun possession, mode of transportation -- perhaps you all will be his alibi and clear some things up.

:thinking:

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...fore-a-judge-for-refusing-to-answer-questions

S&BBM

This is exactly what we've done in my family.
When we knew a family member was innocent and falsely accused we did everything we could to prove it.

I tell people that you aren't testifying AGAINST someone just because the prosecution calls you as a witness.
Your testimony should be the same regardless of which side calls you.

Also if they are called as defense witnesses they will be cross examined anyway.
Perhaps this is a lack of understanding of the process?
Or maybe it's a fear that their son really is a monster?

Just speculating-

Maybe the parents are afraid if they did share info on HD's childhood years they might be shining the spotlight on their
"imperfect" family and expose some things that would cast negatively on their parenting. It's unlikely a problem so
severe as to cause their son to murder 4 people came on so suddenly or if it did, involved parents would be seeking out the cause. Maybe there were suspicions all along that he was a potential problem but the parents ignored it due to their busy lives.
There is an older sibling, sister. Can she be called to testify at this time?

Are they exempt from immunity only towards criminal action only or including civil lawsuits against their business? Maybe why they won't say a thing.

Why would there be suits against their businesses?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back