CA CA - San Francisco, WhtFem 353UFCA, 20-40, under Golden Gate Bridge, Apr'91

so around that time (1991) there was an esprit factory outlet where the giants stadium is now. it was an industrial area then. the UID seem to be "mod"style (I equate that to "goth" later on) the type that listens to cure and smiths. which sort of embraced their depression.

so around that time (1991) there was an esprit factory outlet where the giants stadium is now. it was an industrial area then. the UID seem to be "mod"style (I equate that to "goth" later on) the type that listens to cure and smiths. which sort of embraced their depression.
I had that vibe from her outfit as well. New wave.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

The victim was wearing three sweaters which leads me to believe she may be a traveler, or runaway. How warm is it in San Fran in April?

I've found a number of cases where the names of clothing items are used vaguely in the clothing descriptions. Three sweaters might mean three real sweaters, or warm sweater over a light sweater and a camisole, or most any combination of layered knit garments.

Without photos or a better description, it's hard to say exactly what she was wearing.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Recognizable face, no photo

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number1991-0434
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult
Estimated Age Range (Years)20-40
Estimated Year of Death1991
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 2"(62 inches) , Measured
Weight100 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundApril 5, 1991
NamUs Case CreatedSeptember 18, 2009
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Street AddressBeneath Golden Gate Bridge Just south of Old Fort PointSan Francisco, California
CountySan Francisco County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoverySubject was witnessed to be falling in mid air beneath the Golden Gate Bridge and then hit the ground.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair DescriptionOf normal female distribution, short
Body Hair DescriptionNot described
Facial Hair DescriptionNot described
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Black sweater "Berger" brand, size Medium; over a black and red striped sweater "Compass" brand size small; over a black sweater "Patsy's Place" brand; black skirt "Espirt" brand size small; black tights "Frederick's of Hollywood" brand size small; Light blue and white panties size small
On the Body

Footwear
Black slip on shoes size 5
On the Body

Jewelry
White metal ring on right ring finger
On the Body

I'm not the best at copyright history but it seems that Patsy's Place was sold through Canadian K-Mart. The brand was started in 1984, based out of Toronto.

Frederick's of Hollywood was started in 1947, based out of Hollywood, CA.
I believe that you are on to something with the Canadian clothing brand. She was wearing another sweater branded “Berger”, which means shepherd in French.
I did a quick search for missing Canadian females on the Doe Network that could possibly match with this UID, but without any luck.
Ernestine K is correct height and weight, but she is indigenous, as are many of the missing women.
The Doe Is described as caucasian, so I’m not inclined to think that Ms. Kasyon is a match.

I believe that you are on to something with the Canadian clothing brand. She was wearing another sweater branded “Berger”, which means shepherd in French.
I did a quick search for missing Canadian females on the Doe Network that could possibly match with this UID, but without any luck.
Ernestine K is correct height and weight, but she is indigenous, as are many of the missing women.
The Doe Is described as caucasian, so I’m not inclined to think that Ms. Kasyon is a match.

Interesting! So maybe this UP is indeed Canadian, or at very least has connections to a state bordering Canada?

I looked into a couple brands with "Berger" in it and I found two that jumped out at me - Berger du Nord, which was based out of France that sold what seems to be winter/outer wear, and Joshua Berger, based out of Australia that sold more alternative clothing. Berger du Nord was available in both the U.S and Canada, I'm not sure about the 2nd brand though. Either way, a French or Australian brand wouldn't be to uncommon Canada.

There's also a brand called Julius Berge that sold children's knit clothing. I'm more inclined to think she was wearing one of the other two brands though.

Pictures of the tags would be great in this case but alas.

I also took a look at the Canadian database and couldn't find a strong match, haven't looked at neighboring states though.

@heartanium, thanks for your dedicated clothing sleuthing and above all, for keeping up interest in this case.
This young woman is very relatable to me, and it’s heartbreaking that her identity hasn’t been solved. She must still have family and friends missing her.
I had always reckoned that the reconstruction drawing was pretty good, but who knows? I wonder if CA or SFPD has rules against posting actual PM photographs? It is claimed that her face remained recognizable.
The drawing has a definite new wave style, but perhaps the UID recently lost weight, cut or dyed her hair? I could see how in those cases a drawing might not be precise enough to ring any bells.
Something about her gives me a Canadian or European origin vibe, and that might explain leads stalling out for almost 32 years.
I’m hoping that her case can be solved eventually with forensic genealogy.
Keeping the faith!

No new missing person exclusions for this young woman

Missing Person / NamUs # MP1411Lina Borges, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactMarch 21, 1984
StateCA
CountySanta Cruz

Missing Person / NamUs # MP974Patricia Schmidt, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactJune 4, 1985
StateVA
CountyHenrico

Staff online

Members online