Senator Al Franken accused of unwanted kissing/groping

If he was really going to resign, why wait for "in the coming weeks"? The only reason he is even in the Senate was vote fraud in 2008.

Are you from Minnesota? I am.

Minnesota is one or maybe the cleanest state re politics and integrity. Do not confuse us with others. I really resent that statement

would the women who have accused AF of various charges have come forward had he not wound up in public office?

For those who have been assaulted by the guy down the street, or the old man in the library, or the woman in the parking lot... what motivation is there for those folks to come forward? Are those people to be believed?

There is just so much to discuss, so many different threads that unravel from what's happening...

I think anyone who is accused, especially if it is by more than one person and the pattern appears to be consistent, should step down. Your term "cobble" is not what happened in the case of Moore, Trump, Franken, Conyers, and the Republican who paid 85K to a woman he harassed. Franken and Trump are on video/audio/photo harassing or saying harassing things. Moore is not just accused-- the LEO in his area confirms that he was kept out of the mall for his harassing behaviors--the pattern is clear. Conyers and the other Republican paid out to women they harassed.

I don't give a fig what party you are---you should go. It is time to stop going back to Clinton, JFK, Eisenhower, FDR, Bush I, or anyone else in power who abused women or had affairs or took advantage of people based on their power. We are at today and these behaviors are unbecoming of persons who set laws, enforce laws and lead our country. If I could get all people to stop with the politics garbage and look at the hypocrisy of saying young people have no morals while bolstering people who put power over country, I would be the happiest person in the world. Bad people exist in all walks of life but we should not send them into leadership of this country--in congress, executive office or supreme court. Is it not yet enough?

This is an amazingly good post, and I am grateful some are able to put it into words this well.

It’s too bad we can’t have this discussion without using names or parties, because this is not just about a specific individual or governmental affiliation. This is a major flaw in our society that some accept this behavior and are unwilling to see the totality of its effects on so many. This is wrong, plain and simple, no matter who you are. And there are degrees of behaviors they are even more serious than others.

Our country deserves better. They should be able to set higher standards for themselves and as representatives of our country as a whole, not just as a party.

would the women who have accused AF of various charges have come forward had he not wound up in public office?

For those who have been assaulted by the guy down the street, or the old man in the library, or the woman in the parking lot... what motivation is there for those folks to come forward? Are those people to be believed?

There is just so much to discuss, so many different threads that unravel from what's happening...

Maye this will be the beginning of other women like me speaking up and saying what they have been through? That would be a welcome voice.
IMO

Are you from Minnesota? I am.

Minnesota is one or maybe the cleanest state re politics and integrity. Do not confuse us with others. I really resent that statement

"In the '08 campaign, Republican Sen. Norm Coleman was running for re-election against Democrat Al Franken. It was impossibly close; on the morning after the election, after 2.9 million people had voted, Coleman led Franken by 725 votes."

"Franken and his Democratic allies dispatched an army of lawyers to challenge the results. After the first canvass, Coleman's lead was down to 206 votes. That was followed by months of wrangling and litigation. In the end, Franken was declared the winner by 312 votes. He was sworn into office in July 2009, eight months after the election."

During the controversy a conservative group called Minnesota Majority began to look into claims of voter fraud. Comparing criminal records with voting rolls, the group identified 1,099 felons -- all ineligible to vote -- who had voted in the Franken-Coleman race.

Minnesota Majority took the information to prosecutors across the state, many of whom showed no interest in pursuing it. But Minnesota law requires authorities to investigate such leads. And so far, Fund and von Spakovsky report, 177 people have been convicted -- not just accused, but convicted -- of voting fraudulently in the Senate race. Another 66 are awaiting trial. "The numbers aren't greater," the authors say, "because the standard for convicting someone of voter fraud in Minnesota is that they must have been both ineligible, and 'knowingly' voted unlawfully." The accused can get off by claiming not to have known they did anything wrong.

Still, that's a total of 243 people either convicted of voter fraud or awaiting trial in an election that was decided by 312 votes. With 1,099 examples identified by Minnesota Majority, and with evidence suggesting that felons, when they do vote, strongly favor Democrats, it doesn't require a leap to suggest there might one day be proof that Al Franken was elected on the strength of voter fraud.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/y...te-in-race-won-by-312-ballots/article/2504163

I think anyone who is accused, especially if it is by more than one person and the pattern appears to be consistent, should step down. Your term "cobble" is not what happened in the case of Moore, Trump, Franken, Conyers, and the Republican who paid 85K to a woman he harassed. Franken and Trump are on video/audio/photo harassing or saying harassing things. Moore is not just accused-- the LEO in his area confirms that he was kept out of the mall for his harassing behaviors--the pattern is clear. Conyers and the other Republican paid out to women they harassed.

I don't give a fig what party you are---you should go. It is time to stop going back to Clinton, JFK, Eisenhower, FDR, Bush I, or anyone else in power who abused women or had affairs or took advantage of people based on their power. We are at today and these behaviors are unbecoming of persons who set laws, enforce laws and lead our country. If I could get all people to stop with the politics garbage and look at the hypocrisy of saying young people have no morals while bolstering people who put power over country, I would be the happiest person in the world. Bad people exist in all walks of life but we should not send them into leadership of this country--in congress, executive office or supreme court. Is it not yet enough?

Going to have to disagree. Even if I loathe the person, there must always be due process.

"In the '08 campaign, Republican Sen. Norm Coleman was running for re-election against Democrat Al Franken. It was impossibly close; on the morning after the election, after 2.9 million people had voted, Coleman led Franken by 725 votes."

"Franken and his Democratic allies dispatched an army of lawyers to challenge the results. After the first canvass, Coleman's lead was down to 206 votes. That was followed by months of wrangling and litigation. In the end, Franken was declared the winner by 312 votes. He was sworn into office in July 2009, eight months after the election."

During the controversy a conservative group called Minnesota Majority began to look into claims of voter fraud. Comparing criminal records with voting rolls, the group identified 1,099 felons -- all ineligible to vote -- who had voted in the Franken-Coleman race.

Minnesota Majority took the information to prosecutors across the state, many of whom showed no interest in pursuing it. But Minnesota law requires authorities to investigate such leads. And so far, Fund and von Spakovsky report, 177 people have been convicted -- not just accused, but convicted -- of voting fraudulently in the Senate race. Another 66 are awaiting trial. "The numbers aren't greater," the authors say, "because the standard for convicting someone of voter fraud in Minnesota is that they must have been both ineligible, and 'knowingly' voted unlawfully." The accused can get off by claiming not to have known they did anything wrong.

Still, that's a total of 243 people either convicted of voter fraud or awaiting trial in an election that was decided by 312 votes. With 1,099 examples identified by Minnesota Majority, and with evidence suggesting that felons, when they do vote, strongly favor Democrats, it doesn't require a leap to suggest there might one day be proof that Al Franken was elected on the strength of voter fraud.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/y...te-in-race-won-by-312-ballots/article/2504163

In his re-election in 2014, he won 53% of the vote.

Not sure what all this has to do with the accusations and his resignation, but thought I'd offer the most recent stats.

In his re-election in 2014, he won 53% of the vote.

Not sure what all this has to do with the accusations and his resignation, but thought I'd offer the most recent stats.

If someone gets in with a fraudulent vote count, then is reelected , we should ignore the original voter fraud?

I wonder if Franken would have been encouraged to resign if Minn had an R governor.

Actually, considering the case of Bob Melendez, I don't have to wonder that at all. Oops.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/nyregion/senator-robert-menendez-trial.html

If Mr. Menendez, a Democrat, is convicted and then expelled from the United States Senate by early January, his replacement would be picked by Gov. Chris Christie, the Republican governor of New Jersey and an ally of President Trump.

If someone gets in with a fraudulent vote count, then is reelected , we should ignore the original voter fraud?

No, and I didn't suggest that.

The implication from the post above about his 2008 election, imo, was that he was in office perhaps because of voter fraud, without mentioning that he won re-election four years later. I thought the post about 2008 painted an unfair picture of more current standings.

My heart is heavy today, disappointment abounds.

jmo

Luckily being from Minnesota, we know that this is a lie.

Here are the facts. We from Minnesota like facts having one of the best education systems in the US and a great economy filled with Fortune 500 companies.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/10/18/reality-check-is-the-election-rigged/

I wonder if Franken would have been encouraged to resign if Minn had an R governor.

Actually, considering the case of Bob Melendez, I don't have to wonder that at all. Oops.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/nyregion/senator-robert-menendez-trial.html

If Mr. Menendez, a Democrat, is convicted and then expelled from the United States Senate by early January, his replacement would be picked by Gov. Chris Christie, the Republican governor of New Jersey and an ally of President Trump.

MN has the best Governor in the US. Governor Mark Dayton.A multimillionaire whose family started Target and had Dayton’s and merged with Dayton Hudson.

He cares for the people of the state. He follows the Christian principals instilled by his father. Parapharase. From those who have been given much, much is expected.

Looks like this won't be the decade of Al Franken.

MN has the best Governor in the US. Governor Mark Dayton.A multimillionaire whose family started Target and had Dayton’s and merged with Dayton Hudson.

He cares for the people of the state. He follows the Christian principals instilled by his father. Parapharase. From those who have been given much, much is expected.

Objection! Non-responsive :)

Good to see Democrats staking out the moral high ground by stepping down.

Moral high ground? He denied some of the allegations and stated he didn't remember the others the same way. Instead of apologizing for HIS behavior in his speech, he deflected to the behavior of others. This wasn't about anyone else---it was about HIM.

No, and I didn't suggest that.

The implication from the post above about his 2008 election, imo, was that he was in office perhaps because of voter fraud, without mentioning that he won re-election four years later. I thought the post about 2008 painted an unfair picture of more current standings.

My heart is heavy today, disappointment abounds.

jmo

Correction to my post - he was re-elected six years later. Senators serve for six years. I noticed my error just as it posted...and then my internet went down and I couldn't edit or read the board! It hasn't been a good day, all around. :)

If he was really going to resign, why wait for "in the coming weeks"? The only reason he is even in the Senate was vote fraud in 2008.

And then there were the uncounted ballots that were allegedly found, I believe in the trunk of someone's car, after he lost the election. And they happen to all be for him.

Correction to my post - he was re-elected six years later. Senators serve for six years. I noticed my error just as it posted...and then my internet went down and I couldn't edit or read the board! It hasn't been a good day, all around. :)

Remember, though. The story of voter fraud is a lie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back