Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of points for clarification.

- LM is being represented by the Public Defender for Duval County, not a public defender. Charlie Cofer is the elected PD for the county, and is a former judge.

- The orange uniform worn by LM is what all inmates in segregation/isolation wear in that facility.

Couple of points for clarification.

- LM is being represented by the Public Defender for Duval County, not a public defender. Charlie Cofer is the elected PD for the county, and is a former judge.

- The orange uniform worn by LM is what all inmates in segregation/isolation wear in that facility.

The extensive legal background of Public Defender Charlie Cofer is extremely impressive. I'd be hopeful he'd take on the case, with the added benefit of neutrality toward either parent.

http://pd4th.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Biography-of-Charlie-Cofer.pdf

https://www.news4jax.com/news/logan-mott-returned-to-jacksonville-to-face-murder-charge

In this link:
Video of LM in court
He's wearing orange jumpsuit because he is a high-profile case
Public Defender Charlie Cofer speaks
A defense atty who was in court speaks: The charges didn't match what they saw briefly in court
His public defender has no problem with LM being in Dad's jail
PD is working with the former attorney, there could be co-counsels in this case

https://www.news4jax.com/news/logan-mott-returned-to-jacksonville-to-face-murder-charge

In this link:
Video of LM in court
A defense atty who was in court speaks: The charges didn't match what they saw briefly in court
What do you think this means?
"A defense atty who was in court speaks: The charges didn't match what they saw briefly in court"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What do you think this means?
"A defense atty who was in court speaks: The charges didn't match what they saw briefly in court"

I'm guessing the (uninvolved) attorney meant his physical appearance -- small and meek?

15-year-old accused of murder kept in 30-square-foot cell

https://www.news4jax.com/news/15-year-old-accused-of-murder-kept-in-30-square-foot-cell

Both when he was in court in Buffalo, New York, shortly after his arrest, and in a Duval County courtroom on Wednesday, he was quiet, respectful and polite.

"What he is accused of didn't match up to what we saw briefly," said attorney Rhonda Peoples-Water, who was in court on another case when Mott made his first appearance in Jacksonville.

Psychologist Stephen Bloomfield, who has interviewed many children convicted of violent crimes, said that behavior is not unusual.

"But I have evaluated a large number of the ones who have (been) found guilty of killing someone and they are generally very calm, quiet, pleasant kids," Dr. Bloomfield said.

15-year-old accused of murder kept in 30-square-foot cell

https://www.news4jax.com/news/15-year-old-accused-of-murder-kept-in-30-square-foot-cell

Also in that article:

"Most people I have spoken with about Mott described him as being very quiet and said they could not believe he would commit any type of violent crime. Both when he was in court in Buffalo, New York, shortly after his arrest, and in a Duval County courtroom on Wednesday, he was quiet, respectful and polite.

"What he is accused of didn't match up to what we saw briefly," said attorney Rhonda Peoples-Water, who was in court on another case when Mott made his first appearance in Jacksonville."

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

In this link:
Video of LM in court
From link, bbm...

Mott's father was at the hearing, and quickly left the courtroom and would not talk when News4Jax*tried to question him about his son and that he's accused of killing his mother. He made it clear he wants nothing to do with the media*with an obscene gesture earlier this week when crews tried to approach him at his Neptune Beach home.

Reporter who wrote this sounds a bit miffed! [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This article speaks about Kristina's horrible childhood and the horrid things she lived through. So that makes me wonder if there might be a genetic, hereditary influence going on with her grandson?
Did they change the article? All I see is ...

Not wanting to go into details, French’s friends say she had a troubled childhood, one harder than most. In spite of that, she worked hard to be compassionate and loving.

Did they change the article? All I see is ...

Not wanting to go into details, French’s friends say she had a troubled childhood, one harder than most. In spite of that, she worked hard to be compassionate and loving.

And this:

“She was such a gentle soul and that is what makes this tragic for me,” Hudson said as she began to cry. “She survived and not only did she survive, but she thrived and she had an outlook on life that I am not sure I could have the wisdom to obtain in similar circumstances. She was just somebody trying to be a good person and have a good life in light of having difficulties in childhood."

?

This article speaks about Kristina's horrible childhood and the horrid things she lived through. So that makes me wonder if there might be a genetic, hereditary influence going on with her grandson?
The article doesn't describe her childhood as horrible and horrid. It briefly says troubled and harder than most. This likely has to due with what would be obvious if you do some math on her age and the age of her son (Logan's father).

The article doesn't describe her childhood as horrible and horrid. It briefly says troubled and harder than most. This likely has to due with what would be obvious if you do some math on her age and the age of her son (Logan's father).
But having a son at 15 in the 80's doesn't necessarily make your life troubled and harder than most. I can't find anything that talks about why her childhood was troubled, etc.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...teen-accused-of-killing-grandmother/661334657

Mom says they are not properly monitoring his illness in jail. He is a Type 1 diabetic and they are not monitoring him correctly.
They better get this fixed up. If something happens to him medically because of that, there will be a lawsuit and a big one at that.
He is innocent until proven guilty and though it may be hard to keep that in mind, he needs to have proper medical care while he is in custody.
This isn't about a stuffy nose or a sore shoulder, it's a life and death thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd