GUILTY NY - Christopher Grover, 30, shot to death, Poughkeepsie, 28 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

It was my post about a family member that was removed.

Anyone have any new info?

Yes yours, and my reply to it. I've been here a long time and should have realized it was against TOS.

Anyway, welcome to WS :)

I did not find anything new.

Good morning, this case is local for me and I saw her next court date is set for November 14th.
I've been a true crime fan and WS member for years, this along with the kayak killing have been the only two from Poughkeepsie area to get MSM coverage so I tend to follow them that much more closely.

I am also extremely interested in knowing more about the motive behind the crime. I guess it's the smoke and mirrors that make me intrigued...like when they reveal magicians tricks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the court date set a few weeks back. Pretty far out.

I lived in the area for 14 years and I have a few friends there whose kids were coached by the victim. I’m not close enough with them now to ask about it, but they both painted a very positive picture of him in the days following his passing.

I’ve done a considerable amount of sleuthing on this but I don’t know what I can say here. There are some pretty interesting Facebook comments on some of the articles posted there. Mostly remorseful but a few zingers too.

She must have thought ought she had a real case to do this and give up her babies like that. Even if she knew she was justified she had to know she would give up being with them for an extended period while the justice system worked it out, so it’s just baffling to me. The kids looked really cute. Dunno.

Today was the next court date which was set back in early October. Prepare to be disappointed - doesn't sound like much has happened lately and now the next date is set for January 2, 2018.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...tor-addimando-murder-case-assigned/863051001/
Thank you so much for posting this, I’ve been wondering all day what happened in court...which as you prepared me for, was a let down.
I️ did notice the following in the article:

-Town of Poughkeepsie police say Addimando caused Grover's death "by shooting his head with a handgun,”

-Police said Addimando flagged down a patrol officer around 2 a.m. on Sept. 28 and told them she had been "involved in an incident with her boyfriend."

-Officers checked on Grover "and found him deceased" in the apartment.

Interesting that it specifically says she told the officer she was “involved in an INCIDENT” and they find him dead from a gunshot wound to the head. Was she trying to make it seem like she didn’t know he was dead? attempting to stage a suicide? Or she could have been so shocked from it that she couldn’t think or say much?
I️ wonder why she didn’t just call 911? Or knock on someone’s door? So were the kids home sleeping and she ran out without them?

All great questions, and all ones we probably won't ever know the answers to. I'm choosing to assume she was in a situation of life or death herself and shooting him was the only logical option she could think of.

However, the fact that the paper chose to mention he was shot in the head sort of makes me think she may have done it while he was asleep or not in a moment of violence. Just too few details to really surmise at this point.

If it was done I n self-defense, I don’t understand the delay in reporting it.

Yes and yes- I agree with both of you.
The specific statement about where he was shot is very interesting and can be either way- self defense or cold blooded murder while he slept.
I wonder how she’s holding up in jail? She appears to be very hands on with her kids. This must be earth shattering. Not saying that it isn’t just as devastating for Chris and his family/friends.

It's the Poughkeepsie Journal - not class A journalism we're talking about. I assume they aren't reporting anything because those details haven't been revealed yet. She hasn't had a lawyer stick at this point so who would she have told anything to that would be press worthy?

I can't imagine what the kids are thinking and/or have been told. It's been almost 2 months now and given how young they are I wonder if they have forgotten and moved on?

Good point, the Poughkeepsie Journal isn’t the Pulitzer’s prize winner for investigative reporting...

Her kids seem like they were not in daycare or school yet so I assume they spent a lot of time at home. I know we can’t sleuth family and I’m not, but I did see a prior post that was removed because it linked a social media account of a family member. But it appears the children are being cared for by family which is so much better than being in CPS custody.
I too wonder if they’re processing it or aren’t able to because of their age.

Bump

This article is a month old:

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...tor-addimando-murder-case-assigned/863051001/

A special prosecutor will be assigned to handle a case involving a Town of Poughkeepsie woman accused of killing her live-in boyfriend, according to the Dutchess County Public Defender's Office.

Attorneys in the case appeared in the Town of Poughkeepsie Court before Judge Paul Sullivan on Tuesday afternoon. There was no discussion; it was adjourned until Jan. 2. Addimando was not in the court room.

"I was advised that the Dutchess County District Attorney’s Office has a conflict and will not be handling the prosecution of the case," Gerry said. It's unclear what the conflict is. The district attorney's office could not immediately be reached for comment.

The case has not yet gone to a grand jury.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...utor-witness-addimando-murder-case/867691001/

A special prosecutor will be assigned to handle a town of Poughkeepsie homicide because a Dutchess County assistant district attorney is a witness in the case.

Grady declined further comment on the situation and would not say if the assistant district attorney would be a witness for the prosecution or defense.

Addimando's lawyer, Kara Gerry of the Dutchess County Public Defender's Office, said Tuesday she had not yet received notice of a date the case will be presented to a grand jury.

Thanks for the articles cocomod!
This case has me by the heart strings. I just can’t stop wondering how those kids are holding up. To them, at least what I saw on Mom’s social media, they had such a beautiful life.
I imagine she’s got to be having a difficult time coping herself, in jail and all.
Looks like we will have to wait until January for future updates.

On December 10th, there was a gymnastic's competition. The new coach and gym dedicated the boys performance to Christopher Grover. Sweet gesture.

This case baffles me since there was so very little information.

On December 10th, there was a gymnastic's competition. The new coach and gym dedicated the boys performance to Christopher Grover. Sweet gesture.

This case baffles me since there was so very little information.

That’s awesome! Friends of ours have kids that Chris coached...seems everyone loved him, and he was excellent with kids.
I’m also surprised there is so little information on this case. But then again it’s a small community here and perhaps they’re keeping things quiet to avoid tainting the jury pool?

That’s awesome! Friends of ours have kids that Chris coached...seems everyone loved him, and he was excellent with kids.
I’m also surprised there is so little information on this case. But then again it’s a small community here and perhaps they’re keeping things quiet to avoid tainting the jury pool?

I can't imagine! I do wonder if they are trying to keep the jury pool from becoming tainted. However, it seems like such a heart-breaking case, I can't believe it hasn't received more attention.

As I said, I am completely baffled. You are right, social media seems idyllic, she seems sweet, he seems loved and accomplished. What happened here?!!

Hmmm... did some sleuthing and came across this article that I missed. I knew there was a conflict with the previous DA but it didn’t disclose why...according to this, a DA will testify as a witness (insert jaw dropping emoji). Sooo witness as in someone who saw something perhaps that evening or prior instances?
Would a DA or attorney that works in that office take outside clients that were filing a custody battle?? I’m wondering if there was a breakup on the horizon and this DA got involved as a lawyer one of them retained?
Otherwise I’m a bit miffed at how they could serve as a witness...unless of course they knew them personally...
Very interesting to say the least. And I thought I was intrigued before!

“Putnam County District Attorney Robert Tendy has been appointed as the special prosecutor in a Poughkeepsie homicide case because a Dutchess County assistant district attorney will serve as a witness in the case, according to Dutchess County District Attorney William Grady.

The assistant district attorney will testify as a witness in the case against Nicole Addimando, 28, who is accused of killing her 30-year-old boyfriend, Christopher Grover, in late September in the Town of Poughkeepsie.”
http://southwestdutchess.dailyvoice...-serves-as-witness-in-murder-case/727122/#948

Hmmm... did some sleuthing and came across this article that I missed. I knew there was a conflict with the previous DA but it didn’t disclose why...according to this, a DA will testify as a witness (insert jaw dropping emoji). Sooo witness as in someone who saw something perhaps that evening or prior instances?
Would a DA or attorney that works in that office take outside clients that were filing a custody battle?? I’m wondering if there was a breakup on the horizon and this DA got involved as a lawyer one of them retained?
Otherwise I’m a bit miffed at how they could serve as a witness...unless of course they knew them personally...
Very interesting to say the least. And I thought I was intrigued before!

“Putnam County District Attorney Robert Tendy has been appointed as the special prosecutor in a Poughkeepsie homicide case because a Dutchess County assistant district attorney will serve as a witness in the case, according to Dutchess County District Attorney William Grady.

The assistant district attorney will testify as a witness in the case against Nicole Addimando, 28, who is accused of killing her 30-year-old boyfriend, Christopher Grover, in late September in the Town of Poughkeepsie.”
http://southwestdutchess.dailyvoice...-serves-as-witness-in-murder-case/727122/#948

Maybe he coached one of the DAs children???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back