Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

I'm certain that's not Rabbit -- Rabbit does have blonde hair, but her face is thinner and a different shape and she just looks different. For all we know, Rabbit was under subpoena by either Crown or defense (but not called) and so could not appear in court -- though that would not prevent her from appearing now. However, family members of the accused often don't join in the verdict watch in court. I think we'll finally hear from Rabbit at the WM trial.

There were pictures of her (with DM and others) online last year in conjunction with the TB trial.

Sorry, couldn't get your link to work inside the quote, so here it is for others if needed:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127810&stc=1

You know what MB looks like of recent? Do you know when that photo put out by The Star was taken? I believe it was some years prior to DM's arrest. DM appears to be in his late teens early 20s...about a dozen years ago. The Star photo, DM is wearing a boutonnière...someone's wedding, family member he stood up for? The woman with the plunging neckline, in the middle, I bet most assume she is DM's date/girlfriend. Perhaps she's a relative of DM's and not his date at all. She has a beverage in her hand so I'm assuming this was a random photo shot. People standing around talking and drinking when someone approached and snapped a photo. People can and do change over a few years time, gain weight, require reading glasses. Middle aged woman especially. :blushing: Why would DM keep a photo of himself with some random woman sitting at her computer, while in her bedroom/spareroom? :thinking: ALL MOO.

I'm certain that's not Rabbit -- Rabbit does have blonde hair, but her face is thinner and a different shape and she just looks different. For all we know, Rabbit was under subpoena by either Crown or defense (but not called) and so could not appear in court -- though that would not prevent her from appearing now. However, family members of the accused often don't join in the verdict watch in court. I think we'll finally hear from Rabbit at the WM trial.

There were pictures of her (with DM and others) online last year in conjunction with the TB trial.

Sorry, couldn't get your link to work inside the quote, so here it is for others if needed:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127810&stc=1
Any ideas why families wouldn't join verdict watch?. I think if it was my family I would?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Totally agree. The TB Jury was out for 5 days. It can't help but be a bit more complex with 2 accused and piles of circumstantial evidence to pour thru. However, with that being said, I would not be surprised to see a verdict today. IMHO, they fast tracked DM to M1. The Crown packaged their case against him nicely and IMHO, there's no one who could actually believe that LB is still alive. She loved her family and at least one of her friends would have heard from her. I think DM's "she's alive" defence probably didn't sit that well with them. They have a copy of the letter he sent mentioning "the night LB disappeared". MS on the other hand poses much more of a problem, but I have faith they've seen thru it all and can see his involvement. Here's to 2 M1's asap:)

Agreed, but the jury has to decide whether the prosecutors proved that it was the odious DMan and Say10 who were her murderers, not somebody else - i.e person or persons unknown. Otherwise there could still be a murderer or murderers out there ready to strike again. Also, we can't forget there are literally thousands of missing persons and unidentified found remains in Canada. http://www.canadasmissing.ca/index-eng.htm and http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/missing-personse How many of these were murder victims it's probably not possible to assess. Nevertheless they are gone without a trace.

Any ideas why families wouldn't join verdict watch?. I think if it was my family I would?

Either MB has flushed the Kool-Aid, and now takes a similar position as her brother, or, she simply wants to avoid the media feeding frenzy that would be inevitable.
I do believe she values her privacy, and that is her right. Regardless of what we think of her, or her actions, MB is a victim in this too, losing her only child, due to his own disgusting actions.

Just an observation - the jurors have been deliberating until 8 pm each evening but stopped deliberations an hour early this evening. I don't know if we can read anything into that or not............

Hi I pop in and out of threads and although somewhere alone the line I may have heard something it was more the members here, I find the people on this thread very interesting, without having to go back and delve through masses of info everyone is engaging in reminding each other of information so it was easy to jump into. Through links and comments I have googled etc to get a basic knowledge which has helped. Besides the topic though I really enjoy the members on this thread. Intelligent respectful and witty. I'm in Aus by the way :)

Just adding my Dad lived in BC for 14 years so have a natural love of Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A lot of us have been here since Tim Bosma first went missing. In between the trials I actually missed discussions with the people here. I suspect after this verdict I will feel the same, until the 3rd trial... Then it'll be over for good.

Either MB has flushed the Kool-Aid, and now takes a similar position as her brother, or, she simply wants to avoid the media feeding frenzy that would be inevitable.
I do believe she values her privacy, and that is her right. Regardless of what we think of her, or her actions, MB is a victim in this too, losing her only child, due to his own disgusting actions.
I thinking the Smich family as well?

I think MB specially, is likely so full of shame that it's paralyzing, and she doesn't want to show her face. She also knows what she did during the TB investigation, and doesn't want to deal with the scrutiny. Also there's the WM murder, the possibility of being questioned on that by reporters might keep her away, too.

I think also, there's the theory that both mother's likely know deep down that they are guilty, or will be found guilty. To be in the courtroom while spectators are elated, may be difficult for them.

I've also wondered: although I get the very strong impression that MB was the type of mother who believed her son could do no wrong, protected him during the investigation, was wrapped around his finger, etc, maybe now she's become unclenched? I wonder if she's stopped supporting him in certain ways? From what I have picked up on, MS seems to look more put together in this trial than DM. Family members usually bring the defendants proper clothing to wear in court. It sounds like DM with his oversized blazer, puts together his outfits from a donation box at the jail labelled "court clothes". JMO.

You know what MB looks like of recent? Do you know when that photo put out by The Star was taken? I believe it was some years prior to DM's arrest. DM appears to be in his late teens early 20s...about a dozen years ago. The Star photo, DM is wearing a boutonnière...someone's wedding, family member he stood up for? The woman with the plunging neckline, in the middle, I bet most assume she is DM's date/girlfriend. Perhaps she's a relative of DM's and not his date at all. She has a beverage in her hand so I'm assuming this was a random photo shot. People standing around talking and drinking when someone approached and snapped a photo. People can and do change over a few years time, gain weight, require reading glasses. Middle aged woman especially. :blushing: Why would DM keep a photo of himself with some random woman sitting at her computer, while in her bedroom/spareroom? :thinking: ALL MOO.
I read that the mother was 68 , so that picture could very well be of her. She has not been captured in any recent photos.
The only parent that has been photographed MS mother, when she was upset and was attempting to hit a member of the media.

Hi I pop in and out of threads and although somewhere alone the line I may have heard something it was more the members here, I find the people on this thread very interesting, without having to go back and delve through masses of info everyone is engaging in reminding each other of information so it was easy to jump into. Through links and comments I have googled etc to get a basic knowledge which has helped. Besides the topic though I really enjoy the members on this thread. Intelligent respectful and witty. I'm in Aus by the way :)

Just adding my Dad lived in BC for 14 years so have a natural love of Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm another Aussie Sleuther.
Similar to Horror, I found the thread and needed to see the outcome!
I have followed, thinking these 2 creeps need to be exposed for their actions.
Waiting for a great Verdict.

I think MB specially, is likely so full of shame that it's paralyzing, and she doesn't want to show her face. She also knows what she did during the TB investigation, and doesn't want to deal with the scrutiny. Also there's the WM murder, the possibility of being questioned on that by reporters might keep her away, too.

I think also, there's the theory that both mother's likely know deep down that they are guilty, or will be found guilty. To be in the courtroom while spectators are elated, may be difficult for them.

I've also wondered: although I get the very strong impression that MB was the type of mother who believed her son could do no wrong, protected him during the investigation, was wrapped around his finger, etc, maybe now she's become unclenched? I wonder if she's stopped supporting him in certain ways? From what I have picked up on, MS seems to look more put together in this trial than DM. Family members usually bring the defendants proper clothing to wear in court. It sounds like DM with his oversized blazer, puts together his outfits from a donation box at the jail labelled "court clothes". JMO.

I’ve wondered all along if DM’s look is curated. One of the posters, who had been to court (who’s name escapes me) mentioned that his clothes were ill fitting and he looked “lost and lonely”. Exactly the image he wants to project. He is always playing a character and this is just another costume MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just an observation - the jurors have been deliberating until 8 pm each evening but stopped deliberations an hour early this evening. I don't know if we can read anything into that or not............

Doubtful to read too much into it. They know where they are at and if they could call it, they would do so. Could be a sleep on it decision but they may have a full day or more ahead of them. It's been a very long week for them so perhaps it was just a simple decision to end a little earlier.

Yes, that could be her. And I say this as someone who has seen her on several occasions including in the witness box at Millard's Rowbotham application.

The face of the woman in the photo is definitely fuller than Burns's face is now but that could be due to weight loss or just an unflattering shot.

Where is that picture from? Apologies if I missed an earlier post explaining its origin.

I don't have much sympathy for MB. I agree that she probably didn't think her son could do any wrong. She likely knew nothing of what he got up to in his day-to-day life and he presented a certain face and image to her. As long as her pay cheque was rolling in and they had regular dinners or whatever, all was right with her world. She's culpable in some way but not provable, and probably less provable than CN. When it came to that trailer in her driveway, she didn't do anything. She texted DM a couple of times and got no answer. She ran to a hotel and sucked back wine with CN, then wiped down prints with CN, THEN she went to the house at Maple Gate and collected cash and papers, didn't she? I'm not saying it is easy to admit or accept that ones's son is guilty of something so heinous but she knew and she wanted to save herself and/or protect him. She knew enough at that point and did nothing. I have to say, at least in the awful Derek Saretzky case (Alberta), when the parents sensed his involvement, they went straight to LE. The same for Douglas Garland's sister who also contacted LE.

When will Matthew Ward Jackson (Ish) be sentenced? irc, it was mentioned some when in December.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!
Back