ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is DeOrr's fifth birthday.

Oh no, that's made me feel really sad.... nearly 2.5 years he's been gone, he should have been playing with his new toys and going back to school next week.

Today is DeOrr's fifth birthday.

Thank you for the birthday reminder. Bless his little heart! Have they done an age progressment photo for DeOrr? May have to watch the ID program again because I kinda think they had one for the show. . .

DeOrr's family probably got a keg to celebrate his birthday as they laughed about getting away with this. I can't believe those parents family hasn't turned them in. So disappointing.

Is that what it's called? Nothing came up on search.

Hi Roselvr, the series is called "People Magazine Investigates". DeOrr's episode is episode 2 for this 2nd season, although on Dish it's listed as episode 14.

Bless you little DeOrr. You’re in my heart. So many people think of you with love. *advertiser censored*

Mine too, little Deorr's case is my true heart case. I love that baby, just give him to me please. :cry:

Four-year-old Raul Johnson wandered off and was found in an area pond today. I'm mentioning it here because I found it interesting that divers searched the pond for nearly two days after three search dogs all led to the same spot. Divers found nothing but the sheriff decided to drain the pond and sure enough, little Raul's body was just found.

It makes me wonder about that reservoir in DeOrr's case. I didn't realize how easy it is to miss a tiny body, even by trained search divers. Sigh, I think I'm clutching at straws because it's so frustrating to not know what happened to DeOrr but still, he popped into my mind when I heard the news about Raul.

Four-year-old Raul Johnson wandered off and was found in an area pond today. I'm mentioning it here because I found it interesting that divers searched the pond for nearly two days after three search dogs all led to the same spot. Divers found nothing but the sheriff decided to drain the pond and sure enough, little Raul's body was just found.

It makes me wonder about that reservoir in DeOrr's case. I didn't realize how easy it is to miss a tiny body, even by trained search divers. Sigh, I think I'm clutching at straws because it's so frustrating to not know what happened to DeOrr but still, he popped into my mind when I heard the news about Raul.
My heart hurts so badly over baby DeOrr. He was so little. Please find him.

I drove through Leadore last week. Stopped at the little wagon wheel store. Thought a lot about DeOrr. Man it's seriously desolate wilderness out there...No cell coverage for miles. There were long stretches without seeing any other cars and this was daytime mid-week. Saw deer, elk, etc which was cool though.

I had the same sad thoughts. I wondered if they couldn't find sweet Raul by diving in that little pond, how could they expect to find little DeOrr in a much larger reservoir?

People say that Deorr would have risen to the top at some point if he had accidentally drowned there---but I guess that depends upon where he landed and how far he was swept? :cry:

I drove through Leadore last week. Stopped at the little wagon wheel store. Thought a lot about DeOrr. Man it's seriously desolate wilderness out there...No cell coverage for miles. There were long stretches without seeing any other cars and this was daytime mid-week. Saw deer, elk, etc which was cool though.

Sounds daunting but beautiful at the same time. Poor little DeOrr, it's very sad.

I had the same sad thoughts. I wondered if they couldn't find sweet Raul by diving in that little pond, how could they expect to find little DeOrr in a much larger reservoir?

People say that Deorr would have risen to the top at some point if he had accidentally drowned there---but I guess that depends upon where he landed and how far he was swept? :cry:

He might not have come up to the surface if his clothing got snagged on something underneath that body of water.
Poor little Raul, tragic.

Thank you for giving your observations of the area flourish. This little guy will be forever in my heart.

Oh, those little boys. If I only had the power to protect each and every child.

Also, is the bottom of the reservoir very muddy and soft? Seems I remember reading that. Or would it be rock, which for Idaho seems to be more likely, but IDK. If it’s muddy, is it possible he could have been pulled down into it?
And isn’t the reservoir the only place the dogs hit? I can’t remember now. :(

Also, is the bottom of the reservoir very muddy and soft? Seems I remember reading that. Or would it be rock, which for Idaho seems to be more likely, but IDK. If it’s muddy, is it possible he could have been pulled down into it?
And isn’t the reservoir the only place the dogs hit? I can’t remember now. :(

I may be not remembering correctly but I thought LE said the bottom of the reservoir was very silty.
Also, yes I recall it was the only place the dogs hit.

At the time of the search for little De-orr I was so relieved to read that LE (or other search organisations) had employed some sort of electronic type scanners over the reservoir as well as divers. Following Raul's search it appears that this may not have been enough.

What if little De-orr was under the silt/mud - would he have been picked up by these electronic scanners?
I'm wondering now if I put too much confidence in the reservoir search they did.

Isolation from passing traffic and cellphone signal; a toddler, an infirm grandfather, and a stranger with them - why on earth did they choose that area to "get away from it all"?

I can't get over the statement by Klein, that Jessica broke down during an interrogation and said she knows Deorr's location. What scenario would prevent law enforcement from breaking her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla