Age last seen: 26

Age now: 49
Race: White female
Hair color: Blond/Strawberry
Eyes Color: Green
Height: 63.0
Weight: 110.0
Clothing/Scars and Marks:
Blue jeans and a white pullover shirt with unknown red writing on it.

No photos disponible

Suzette Jones went missing from Duval County, Jacksonville, Florida on November 22, 1993

Just check on Suzette case at NAMUS and there is no new information. Actually, there is almost no information on her case other than her height, weight, when she missing, and a couple of other descriptions and that's it.

Suzette when missing in Duval County Florida.

If anyone knows anything about Suzette Jones who went missing Nov 22, 1993, please contact your local police department.

No picture.

Very little information.

Suzette is someone's child. There is somebody out there who still cares about Suzette and there is somebody out there who knows what happened.

If you can pick a missing person's thread and post a message to say this person has not been forgotten I would appreciate it.

You never know when someone is surfing the net looking for information on their missing loved one.

Just to see that somebody cared enough to post about their missing loved one can really help a desperate person keep their hope alive.

Without a picture, I can't feature her on my Missing and Forgotten facebook page. She would be 49 by now

Thinking of Suzette and her family and hoping they find answers soon.

It is odd that there is so little on line, especially given that there must be some family given dna is available. Looking on Ancestry I cannot find a definite match, despite Florida records being pretty good. The most interesting is a Suzette Marie Morris who married Ronald Reed Jones on 1 July 1993 in Duval County. This was followed by divorce in 1995. So it would be interesting to know if Jones was Suzette's married name or not, and some details of the divorce (the Ancestry record is just an index record).

It is odd that there is so little on line, especially given that there must be some family given dna is available. Looking on Ancestry I cannot find a definite match, despite Florida records being pretty good. The most interesting is a Suzette Marie Morris who married Ronald Reed Jones on 1 July 1993 in Duval County. This was followed by divorce in 1995. So it would be interesting to know if Jones was Suzette's married name or not, and some details of the divorce (the Ancestry record is just an index record).
Yes it was her married name, I think. RRJ was the petitioner, so that doesn't rule her out, I think (again).

Can't link directly, but it's searchable from here:

http://oncore.duvalclerk.com/search/SearchTypeName

That was the only record I could find.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-01-00-58-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-01-01-00-58-15.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 117
I was wondering whether the reason of "irretrievably broken" in the judgement would be "abandonment" in this case, but it looks like "irretrievably broken" would cover this.

[FONT=&amp]All states recognize no-fault divorce, but many states also allow spouses to file on fault grounds such as abandonment. This isn't the case in Florida. Even if your spouse leaves or abandons you with the intention of ending the marriage, you can only file for divorce by telling the court in your petition for dissolution that your marriage just isn't working out anymore. However, you may be able to bring the fact of your spouse's abandonment to the attention of the court in other ways.

[/FONT]
Florida Divorce Grounds

[FONT=&amp]Florida is a "pure" no-fault state – it recognizes only two divorce grounds and neither have anything to do with marital misconduct. You can file for irretrievable breakd[/FONT][FONT=&amp]own of the marriage, or mental incapacity on the part of your spouse.[/FONT]

http://info.legalzoom.com/state-florida-recognize-abandonment-reason-divorce-24280.html

Just looking again at the divorce judgement, bottom left, "copies furnished to: [...] Suzette Marie Jones, address unknown" .

Alb1on, I'm pretty sure you've found the right Suzette Jones.

ETA: great work, I can't figure out genealogy sites at all.

I am about to add 1+1 and (possibly) make 3. The following may be misleading and not relate to this case at all - but if anyone has access to other sources it seems worth looking into.

On Ancestry there is, in addition to the record of Suzette Marie Morris marrying Ronald Reed Jones in 1993, another marriage record - also in Duval County - for Suzette Marie Morris marrying Carl Franklin Stewart in May 1989 followed by a divorce in February 1990. I would normally dismiss this as of little interest and just a prior marriage but....

Carl Franklin Stewart was convicted in connection with the disappearance of his elderly mother in 2000 (see http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/stewart_alice.html ). Whilst this appears unconnected to Suzette, a further story at http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...20243_1_mccoy-merritt-island-home-joy-stewart refers to him having been released in 1997 after serving 6 years for kidnapping his wife in Alabama (presumably circa 1990). Is it probable that the wife (or ex-wife) concerned was the Suzette now missing? If so, even though Stewart was in prison in 1993, could he have had anyhting to do with her disappearance, perhaps through associates (he was a life long criminal)?

Clearly there are a lot of questions to this narrative. Is the Suzette who married Stewart the same one as is missing? Very probably given the unusual name and same location. Was she the victim of the 1990 kidnap? Perhaps, but I cannot find a case report. Did Stewart then go on to arrange her subsequent disappearance? Who knows.

Unfortunately Carl Franklin Stewart died in prison so that route of investigation seems at an end.

The more I find out about Carl Franklin Stewart, the more I become interested in him as a person who should have been looked into very closely in the disappearance of Suzette. But first I must record the reservations about whether we are talking about the right Suzette Marie Morris and Carl Franklin Stewart, even though I cannot find alternatives with the same names in Florida. I should also point out that, at the time of the 1989 marriage Carl Stewart would have been 41 and Suzette 22 - but Stewarts previous record of marriages and divorces fit with this marriage.

There is a record of Florida arrests for Carl Franklin Stewart at https://www.courtrecords.org/people/CARL+STEWART+FL/ . These include for murder (in 1987, the prosecution was abandoned), and multiple assault charges. It also shows an arrest as a fugitive wanted in another jurisdiction in December 1989. This would have been during his short marriage to Suzette and I wonder if it refers to the kidnapping referenced in my previous post. As well as these offences I found a reference to him kidnapping his infant son from his ex wife (a previous marriage) in 1979. The child was returned unharmed in 1980. This was on newspapers.com but I was only able to read the OCR text as I do not have a subscription and cannot post.

This record of offences really makes me wonder about his possible role in Suzette's disappearance, and whether and to what extent he was looked into as a POI at the time.

I found a traffic citation for Suzette Marie Stewart and the DOB was the same as Suzette Marie Morris. I also found the divorce certificate and it states she'll revert to her maiden name of Morris.

I think it's the same person.

One thing though, the DOB I found would put her disappearance one day before her 26th birthday, not sure if this is a problem.

There's a few other bits I found, but I'm not quite sure whether to post unless we're 100% we've got the right Suzette. Some guidance would be good.

http://oncore.duvalclerk.com/search/SearchTypeName

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-01-23-45-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-01-01-23-45-11.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_2018-01-01-23-44-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-01-01-23-44-58.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 102
Thanks boys for the busy work, great! Maybe in internet is possible found also the college photo of Suzette?

I think we can be 99.99% certain we have the right people. The chances of both the name (not common) and the DOB being the same for another Suzette Marie is vanishingly small. I had not found the DOB so good find and I would take it as conclusive. A day out on the quoted age is not a concern. Reports are often approximate as to age, especially if a report is done at a subsequent date following an intervening birthday. I am not sure about the rules on posting, but any more information would be good.

I was wondering if this UID has been considered? Forgive me, my toddler and 7 month old are making it impossible for me to do further research at the moment...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-36-45-off-I-10-Suzanne-Suzette-or-Sue-Sep-94

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
My mistake, I was unable to read much of the UID thread before I initially posted. After further reading I see that Suzette has been ruled out by DNA.

I was wondering if this UID has been considered? Forgive me, my toddler and 7 month old are making it impossible for me to do further research at the moment...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-36-45-off-I-10-Suzanne-Suzette-or-Sue-Sep-94

There's a post on page 2 by CarlK where he says he has spoken to the detective and she's been ruled out.

But it's an uncanny match and Suzette has 3 records for hitch hiking in 1992 & 1993.

ETA:. Sorry, I see you've already spotted that.

There's a post on page 2 by CarlK where he says he has spoken to the detective and she's been ruled out.

But it's an uncanny match and Suzette has 3 records for hitch hiking in 1992 & 1993.
Yeah I thought I was really onto something for a second! Obviously I wouldn't have been the first to notice the similarities. I wonder if there is any way the DNA rule-ou could have been a mistake?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back